Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Metro IV, the WP7 interface on iPhone

yeah i just tried categories before i saw the reply and it works fine.
    If i could request some icons
    Games
    Apps
    Categories
    Interweb
    Satnav
    Nike +
    Media

Thanks
    Last edited by gpax; 2010-11-22 at 08:58 PM.

could you post a picture of the interweb app I can't find it

Nvm heres the icons you requested with different versions as well just in case. You're going to have to name them yourself though just so you know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -app-category.png   -categories-left-icon-.png   -gaming-category-small-right-icon-.png   -gaming-category.png   -interweb-right-icon-.png   -media-category-small-left-icon-.png   -media-category.png   -satnav-right-icon-.png  

-nike-app.png  

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof_ideal View Post
    could you post a picture of the interweb app I can't find it
    interweb isnt an app it will be a folder where i put all my bookmarks and web apps , i just like like to call it that rather than internet lol !!
    just a pic of a planet will do me fine

excellent , you beat me to it all look excellent
    thanks very much
    Last edited by gpax; 2010-11-22 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gpax View Post
    all look excellent
    thanks very much
    no problem glad you like them

Thanks

I really do love this theme, but it's a bit impractical to use. When I click on an app (especially the ones with large icons), I constantly end up clicking on an iBlank icon and then that whole shabang pops up instead. Also, when opening up the task switcher, all the jumbo icons clash, pretty much making it impossible to use.

I love the design though.. it's just a whole different thing actually using it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    I really do love this theme, but it's a bit impractical to use. When I click on an app (especially the ones with large icons), I constantly end up clicking on an iBlank icon and then that whole shabang pops up instead. Also, when opening up the task switcher, all the jumbo icons clash, pretty much making it impossible to use.

I love the design though.. it's just a whole different thing actually using it everyday.
    The thing you have to keep in mind is the fact that just because the picture on the icons is larger doesn't mean the actually icon is. The small squares are only in the 1st and 3rd columns of the springboard and the wide icons only in the 2nd column. Theres no way to expand the touch selection of an icon in iOS. Secondly, I would suggest getting the Cydia package BlankNull as it will change the behavior of blanks so they don't launch anything. Hopefully this makes the theme a little more usable

Once again, total awesomeness.

Got a issue tho: the icon labels is still shown on the homescreen. tried to remove via winterboard, but the only labels that are removed is the ones from the other pages. any1 know why?

Anyone wanna help out with some icons? I need below, preferrably 6 of them as left icons.

- WolframAlpha
    - Spotify (a music player)
    - Touchgrind (skateboard game)
    - THPS2
    - PingChat
    - Appigo Todo
    - Samurai II: Vengeance
    - Rat on a Scooter XL
    - Chip's Challenge
    - Recipe icon

Hi Rigatony,

I love this theme, by far one of the simplest and the best. Is it possible to get the icons in a photo shop format to edit/make new ones ?

thanks
    B

Quote Originally Posted by bruce.wayne View Post
    Hi Rigatony,

I love this theme, by far one of the simplest and the best. Is it possible to get the icons in a photo shop format to edit/make new ones ?

thanks
    B
    There should be psds in the Templates folder of the theme unless Rigatony removed them since I downloaded it.

Hi, thanks for your response, there are no psds in the template folder so I guess he removed them ? Are these in the IOS4 or IOS3 folder?

actually, sorry I just discovered they are in the ISO4 download and not the ISO3 folder. I have the psd files now.....thanks ;0)
    Last edited by bruce.wayne; 2010-11-24 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

they're in the iOS4 folder afaik

oh :}

Yes guys I've made a guide to making the square icons for this theme. Hopefully it helps those out that have been asking how to make the icons. I'll be making a guide to the rectangular icons soon. And Rigatony feel free to use this video. Enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NoJP9DXFg"]Video Guide[/ame]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulletproof_ideal For This Useful Post:

LennyTheDub (2010-12-03), Rigatony (2010-11-24)

that is outstanding!!!

an excellent guide, thank you

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bruce.wayne For This Useful Post:

bulletproof_ideal (2010-11-24)

the icon labels is still shown on the homescreen. tried to remove via winterboard, but the only labels that are removed is the ones from the other pages. any1 know why?

i've noticed that if i install rename II, the icon labels is removed. but if i respring or remove the tweak, the labels are shown again...

wtf should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by ponybyxa View Post
    the icon labels is still shown on the homescreen. tried to remove via winterboard, but the only labels that are removed is the ones from the other pages. any1 know why?

i've noticed that if i install rename II, the icon labels is removed. but if i respring or remove the tweak, the labels are shown again...

wtf should i do?
    If you have any exxperience with plist files you can manually do it, or make sure that the remove icon labels is the top most theme in winterboard to ensure that it overrides any other plist files.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigatony View Post
    Thanks a lot !
    No problem man I'm happy to help (I've been really bored lately and looking for stuff to do )

Hey guys, heres the large icons guide that I promised

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79zs5nucLhg"]Large Icon Guide[/ame]

And heres the icon I made in the vid since someone requested it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -quicklock.png  

How do I use new icon images everyones created lately? 1) tried just copying from safari 2) or do I need to do a bunch o stuff on a pc? Please, step by step directions if u would. Thanx to all

Quote Originally Posted by B/7227 View Post
    How do I use new icon images everyones created lately? 1) tried just copying from safari 2) or do I need to do a bunch o stuff on a pc? Please, step by step directions if u would. Thanx to all
    1. Download/Save the image (use Safari download manager if you're doing this from your iOS device, saving the image down-scales the quality)

2a. If you are on your iOS device open iFile and navigate to /var/mobile/Media/Downloads your pictures should be there. Press the Edit button and select the pictures by touching them. Then cut/copy them.

2b. If you are on your computer (I'm assuming you're on Windows) download WinSCP and follow this guide to SSHing into your iOS device

3. This is the same for both. Now navigate to /Library/Themes/Metro IV/Icons and paste the pictures in the folder.

4. Respring/reboot your phone and the icons should now be applied. Keep in mind the pictures MUST be named correctly. To make sure its named correctly when icon labels are visible the label under the app will be the correct name. The name is also case-sensitive so make sure its exact or your icon won't be skinned.

Hope this helps you bud

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast