Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] "Vintage"

Formerly known as anonycanadian CanadianThemer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default [PREVIEW] "Vintage"
    Welcome to the preview of a theme I'm working on, which I would like to call (more like pulled out my rear end at the last second) Vintage.

This is the first theme I've ever made (not counting that Team Fortress 2 theme I was working on, I gave up on that). As such, please don't hurt me if my theme looks like garbage

Right now, I've only gotten one thing finished for the theme, and that would be reskinning the Notes app.

I plan on using this thread as a blog of sorts, where I will edit this post with the various things I've finished theming

Details
    Created for/on: iPod Touch 3G (I guess the theme would work on an iPhone 3G. Not sure about the newer iPod Touches/iPhones. I'm not exactly an expert on the differences between iPod Touch/iPhone 3G and 4G.)
    Required iOS: Currently only iOS 4.1 (Theme is being created for my iPod which is running 4.1, so if you want this to work on 3.x, you may have to change filenames and such.)

About the theme
    Originally, I had planned on making this theme mahogany wood grain with black accents (gold accents would be an "Alternate" choice, so you'd be able to choose black accents or gold accents). I was going to make all the buttons and such black, and have the main parts of the theme be a nice mahogany wood grain.

However, when I started working on the skin, namely the Notes app, I was going to set the paper color to a light gold color, but instead settled on a nice grey. Personally I think the grey looks better with the mahogany wood finish. So I've pushed aside the black accent/gold accent features, and I'm gonna save that for another skin (I plan on making my own blingy gold-style theme). With that simple choice of grey over gold, the Vintage skin was born.

Screenshots
    (Screenshots are below)
    (Also, you'll see in the two images that show the search bar that the wood grain transition from the top bar to the search bar is seamless. I took my time to make sure it was perfect. I'm not OCD, I just believe in putting out a final product that I can be proud of )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0002.png   -img_0005.png   -img_0006.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CanadianThemer; 2010-10-21 at 03:04 AM.
    Currently using: Photoshop CS3 (Will be upgrading to CS5)
    Currently working on: "Vintage" theme for iOS 4.1

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Nice! I hope this themes more than just notes!
    If you need help PM me
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Thanks
    Well, I hate to say it but this idea was a failed idea from the start. I'm focusing my attention on something that's been brewing in my noggin for quite some time.

An ultimately blingy gold/silver theme. Once I've gotten some work done on the blingy theme tomorrow, I'll change this topic over from Vintage to blingy.

Thanks

Allright then. Let me know how you go

You cant change topic name.

Thanks
    Hmm....I wonder if an admin has that ability then?

Thanks

Just start a new thread

Yeah, start a new thread.