Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Please Support Kyle Matthews' Charity to Fight Cancer"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Default "Please Support Kyle Matthews' Charity to Fight Cancer"
    If any of you are unfamiliar with the name KYLE MATTHEWS, he is one of the owners and founders of this wonderful site we visit and take part of every day. For those of you that don't know the incredible hardship that has faced his family in the very recent past, I'll leave that up to you to research for yourself. Because Kyle is such a humble, honest and good man he would never do something like this himself, but I feel compelled to do so..

What I am here to do is ask EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU to visit this site:

http://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFund...232&PID=166135

...And PLEASE consider supporting Kyle's charity to fight cancer. This is a horrible disease and if enough people would continue to join together in causes like this we CAN make a difference. I PERSONALLY CHALLENGE EVERY PERSON READING THIS TO THINK ABOUT THE MANY DOLLARS YOU HAVE "DONATED" TO PUT A SILLY THEME OR APP ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPOD, AND CONSIDER DONATING AS MUCH IF NOT MORE TO THIS AMAZING CAUSE. In my opinion it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY to support Kyle in this endeavor. I know he has helped me COUNTLESS times on trivial issues involving my stupid phone, and I'm sure he has done the same for a lot of you reading this. If not, TRUST ME -- he has indirectly helped you without you even realizing it.

Thank you so much - and Kyle, if you're reading this I know I just made you very uncomfortable but I'm sorry my friend, i had no other choice.

Tim Collins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -logo2.png  
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-09-16 at 05:04 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (2010-09-17), FreeApple (2010-09-15), Kyle Matthews (2010-09-16), MindGem (2010-09-16), ziggy7 (2010-09-16)

Ill keep your family in my prayers every night.

If it would be alright with Kyle I would like to make a theme and have ALL proceeds go to him and his cause. I was already very aware of the situation and just thought of that idea. Only if its alright with him I don't want to cross any boundries. much respect and love from my family to yours Kyle i couldnt even imagine being in ure posistion. You inspire me and make me more grateful for my life.
    Last edited by FreeApple; 2010-09-15 at 09:48 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

i will keep his family in my prayers
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deathbybunnies6 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16)

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,298 Posts

^^ me too, will donate a.s.a.p
    Good post TC, I wasn't aware.
    Last edited by ziggy7; 2010-09-16 at 12:59 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16)

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

First off soon as my payday comes around I would love to donate for Kyle. He is a great guy. Second, I second FreeApples idea of a theme to get some donations toward him. I think though that we should try to get as many people as possible to help make it so that when it goes live it can get some REAL money moving kyles way. This has always been my favorite place on the web and its all thanks to Kyle.
    Ill be keeping you and your family in my prayers Kyle!

I just wanted to say that once I release the theme i'm already working on Ill be sure to (if its alright with him) give him and his family 100% of my profits. Cancer is a terrible disease and to have to deal with it is terrible.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-09-16 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16)

Thanks

I just want to say that I am so proud to be a part of this amazing community. I encourage everyone to continue to show their support of the Children's Hospital, and blow Kyle's original goal out of the water. If you can only donate a dollar or two please do so, and if you can't please keep he and his family in your prayers. Thank you all again so very much
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-09-17 at 12:13 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-09-16), FreeApple (2010-09-16), ziggy7 (2010-09-16)

This is AWSOME!!! Anybody I have talked about this website about I have said that it is just amazing how people are and I am PROUD to be a part of this community here at MMI and cant believe that within hours Kyle hit the mark!

Like TC said lets not stop now keep em comin even if its just a dollar or two every liitle bit matters and could be the difference in saving a life!

If you have not gone to the link provided PLEASE do and just see for yourself the severity of the situation .

I have not yet had the green light with the cancer awarness theme but I have already started becuase regardless I feel it is my obligation to do somthing. TIM YOUR A GREAT GUY AND WERE ALL LUCKY TO HAVE YOU HERE WIH US!

Kyle theres nothing I can say or do to change your situation but man I sincerly want to help! So if your reading this please allow me and Tim to make a cancer awarness theme and 100% of the profits go to your fund raiser!

Thanks

I would like to give something that I would feel might help alot.. If any as many people can wear something like my signature Im sure that more and more people would be able to see the situation and help....
    Here is the code you would put into your signature to place this in your signature!
    "["IMG]http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a475/ViiOLENTHD/EisforEzra-1.jpg?t=1284597417[/IMG]Please Support Ezra and His Family ["URL="http://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1390&AID=1232&PID=166135"]HERE["/URL]"

Simply remove the quotations marks at "["IMG ["URL and ["/URL
    and paste it straight into your signature...
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-09-16 at 02:51 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16), ziggy7 (2010-09-16)

This is a very good cause and I will definitely donate. Kyle Mathews is a great hard-working and dedicated man and deserves our help for founding and creating such an amazing forum.

However I believe this thread may be in the wrong section (:

^ maybe, but this thread kinda belongs in any/every forum here @MMi

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    ^ maybe, but this thread kinda belongs in any/every forum here @MMi
    Many people cruise the theme section but still many stay in the general iphone seciton.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    This is a very good cause and I will definitely donate. Kyle Mathews is a great hard-working and dedicated man and deserves our help for founding and creating such an amazing forum.

However I believe this thread may be in the wrong section (:
    sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by cer0 View Post
    many people cruise the theme section but still many stay in the general iphone seciton.
    yep
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-09-16 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks for the head's up guys -- i want as many people as possible to see this, so I've added a 3rd thread to the general section. As a themer I honestly never get out of the Themes sections here so I hadn't even considered that.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my phone seems a whole lot less important to me after thinking about this all day today. I'm going to love on my family for a few days and take a break. Thanks again so much for everybody who has chosen to support a great cause and an even greater person and his family.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-09-17 at 09:58 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-16), ziggy7 (2010-09-16)

+1 for Kyle.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Thanks guys. To set the record straight - this money isn't going to me, it goes straight to the local Childrens hospital. Just wantedto clarify that!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (2010-09-17)

I was aware of this Kyle but we know every bit helps....god bless u and ure family...I pray that we can make a difference in sombodies life...

Thanks

Even now knowing this Kyle, Its still to me the same cause. Saving children from a horrid disease.

Thanks

Wanted to remind everyone to consider supporting this great cause. To make sure you completely understand why this is so important, here is a great description of where your donations go:

Cure on Wheels raises money for Tampa Bay families coping with a diagnosis of cancer through an annual Cure on Wheels Bike Challenge. This year our event takes place at the beautiful Flatwoods Park located in Tampa Florida. As Florida’s only ride to benefit cancer research, Cure on Wheel’s intention is to successfully meld support from committed cyclists, volunteers, corporate sponsors and individual contributors. All are essential to Cure on Wheel's goal and model: to attain maximum fundraising efficiency while increasing its annual gift. Our hope and aspiration is to provide Tampa Bay families the necessary resources to help them cope with the potentially debilitating diagnosis of cancer.
    ... These are families that have recently discovered their beautiful babies are sick and on top of quite possibly the most horrible news they will ever face, are now faced with a financial crisis due to the expenses associated with fighting this horrible disease, people that our friend Kyle and his family have grown very close to.

I can't think of a better cause - to help those who are going through possibly the toughest time of their lives with a child in the hospital in very dire condition. Can you imagine adding the additional stress of money issues and worrying about whether you can support your family? Now imagine how woderful it might feel to one of those families to know that complete strangers have made such a selfless gesture to assist them in their time of need.

Kyle has vowed to put himself out there and ride an awful long way on a bicycle to "earn" the money we donate to support him in this cause, and I don't have to explain again how important the money they can raise will be to families that need it so badly.

So PLEASE - open your hearts and consider supporting this great cause. Thanks again everyone and God Bless.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-17)