Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] Absolute

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

yeah photoshop is very expensive, I think gimp is free isn't it?
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Yea I use gimp and it's free but I suck at it lol. Viiolet I'd love to beta test if you'd like.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    GIMP!? Seriously? Gimp!? Doesnt GIMP like suck alot? Why not photoshop?
    I had CS3, but when I updated to Windows 7 it was not compatible, saving my pennies to buy the new Photo Shop. boo hoo...........

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Almost done porting... Added some missing ui I found.

Photoshop is 500 bux bro. some people dont have 500$ laying around. Or maybe she likes gimp?
    I hate gimp, and no I haz no 500 monies to buy it right now.

I love a ton of things about this theme, the ui is awesome absolutely love the dialer and calc, very sweet.

Oh my, there are 2 of us gals using the POS gimp now huh, funny.............
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-10-24 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have Pixelmator for mac that I bought for $80 as well as photoshop CS5 and other than super pretty awesome but typically unnecessary features, I find Pixelmator to be much easier to use, nicer interface, and not at all lacking. Of course its only for mac....

For simple things photoshop.com photoshop express editor is really nice and easy to use. Often I use preview on mac for very basic stuff. Im sure if you look there are quite a few free or cheap photoshop alternatives out there better than GIMP

This application seems to have more features than gimp: PhotoLine: Image Processing
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2010-10-24)

Gah! I started making a new theme and some people pointed out that it looks a lot like this one what do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    Creator of Modern Blue
    Follow me on Twitter! PermaBanMMI

Thanks

yes it looks alot like Absolute. Try making the icons a different shape
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aldog18 View Post
    yes it looks alot like Absolute. Try making the icons a different shape
    So... Circles? Horizontal ovals? Rhombi? :P
    I'm also concerned about the wallpaper and the way the names are bordered by the silver bars sort of like in absolute. Should I get rid of those too?
    Creator of Modern Blue

quite a bit of difference though- the diagonal lighting is the opposite way, the metal stroke is on the outside with the color on the inside which is the reverse of absolute.... the color is the opposite.... hmm its almost like he tried to make it the opposite as Absoulte..... opposite... same.... just sayin.

His also have an inner black stroke and slightly narrower shape. Not to mention the lighting itself is completely different.

As for the theme itself- completely different look and style. More of a slick metal and gloss look with HTC weather images in the widget compared to Viiolents faded, grainy wallpaper with more depth and shadow as well as contrast and full image weather icons and no metal.

All in all both look like completely different approaches at style and theming with different feels and both look like good themes. Keep up the good work to both of you.

But to all them haters maybe just ask Viiolent for permission and see what he thinks just to be safe (:

lol Id love to see rhombi icons. I did make some nice 3d orb icons myself for a few theme mods I made.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    quite a bit of difference though- the diagonal lighting is the opposite way, the metal stroke is on the outside with the color on the inside which is the reverse of absolute.... the color is the opposite.... hmm its almost like he tried to make it the opposite as Absoulte..... opposite... same.... just sayin.

His also have an inner black stroke and slightly narrower shape. Not to mention the lighting itself is completely different.

As for the theme itself- completely different look and style. More of a slick metal and gloss look with HTC weather images in the widget compared to Viiolents faded, grainy wallpaper with more depth and shadow as well as contrast and full image weather icons and no metal.

All in all both look like completely different approaches at style and theming with different feels and both look like good themes. Keep up the good work to both of you.

But to all them haters maybe just ask Viiolent for permission and see what he thinks just to be safe (:

lol Id love to see rhombi icons. I did make some nice 3d orb icons myself for a few theme mods I made.
    You seem to know what your talking about haha
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter

Naw I just pay attention to details lol. its ok though I'm glad that you were concerned for Viiolent that someone may be taking his theme ideas and using it as their own but I just wanted to point out that fortunately that isnt the case
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 06:47 AM.

Naw I just pay attention to details lol. its ok though I'm glad that you were concerned for Viiolent that someone may be taking his theme ideas and using it as their own but I just wanted to point out that fortunately that isnt the case
    Yay I'm not a poser!
    Creator of Modern Blue

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBan View Post
    Yay I'm not a poser!
    First off let me say, that looks marvelous!! Great job on it! Second I dont think it is similar to mine at all... Unless you lockscreen magically looks like this your theme looks nothing like mine except for a similar shape of icons!

Oh btw LockScreen V2 is on the way
    Much nicer.

I like this one a lot more and may I say... Its on my iPod right now and it looks crisper than the other one.. By a wide margin.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-10-24)

Viiolent geez man you keep making this theme so much better and better. Viiolent I can honestly say you are very quickly rising in the ranks of Theme Creator to Master Themer..... of course to become master themer you need like 10 different high caliber themes released in somewhat rapid succession like BlueMetal, Zausser, K.Nitsua, and BarsOverBeats have done. (I see it in Alien 1974's near future too (: )

I really gotta start catching up with my theme... But I have been working on a pretty hardcore NineHD nav-style mod that you should check out.

I don't know how many times Ive already said this... but keep up the good work
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Viiolent geez man you keep making this theme so much better and better. Viiolent I can honestly say you are very quickly rising in the ranks of Theme Creator to Master Themer..... of course to become master themer you need like 10 different high caliber themes released in somewhat rapid succession like BlueMetal, Zausser, K.Nitsua, and BarsOverBeats have done. (I see it in Alien 1974's near future too (: )

I really gotta start catching up with my theme... But I have been working on a pretty hardcore NineHD nav-style mod that you should check out.

I don't know how many times Ive already said this... but keep up the good work
    NineHD and i-Nav in the same sentence? Why am I still in this thread bro? Where TF is my link?!!!

Were or how can i get this theme ?
    Looks great.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post5531633 #8233
    It's not only gonna make use of the new iOS 4 springjumps but also infiniboard, folderenhancer (yep bug was fixed), and per-page wallpapers on iOS 4 via simple background. I can only make this for nonRetina though. I did however make HD versions of my awesome 3D NineHD orb icons and autocreates and a nice loader mod I just posted on the NineHD thread. Also plan to incorperate June'sIphone's animated weather into the theme if possible.

Made a custom NineHD wedapanel LS to go with it too. Like i said... its pretty hardcore lol.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 07:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I had CS3, but when I updated to Windows 7 it was not compatible, saving my pennies to buy the new Photo Shop. boo hoo...........

I hate gimp, and no I haz no 500 monies to buy it right now.

I love a ton of things about this theme, the ui is awesome absolutely love the dialer and calc, very sweet.

Oh my, there are 2 of us gals using the POS gimp now huh, funny.............
    <3 blkcadi heart
    GIMP must give you a headache! CS5 is marvelous. When CS6 comes out I bet CS5 will be cheaper... if you see what I mean
    anyway Im sending out the new lockscreen tonight to donaters

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio27 View Post
    Were or how can i get this theme ?
    Looks great.
    Well you can wait for GOD knows how long for it to get submitted in Cydia or you can donate via paypal to [email protected] and you will instantly get it
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-10-24 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Content aware tools in CS5 are god! I swear I found I was working on a project for school and I wanted to usse photoshop to make a tombstone with an epitaph of something I wanted it to say but I couldnt find a single picture in google images of a good blank tombstone so I took one that already had an inscribed epitaph and then loaded it into CS5 selected the area, pressed delete, hit the content aware button in the popup... and BAM! looks as if it were never there. I was amazed! I dreamed of tools that awesome but didnt think it would be real.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post5520111 #8183/#8190 is my wedapanel mod
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-10-24 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That new lockscreen is awesome!!!!
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter

I can provide photoshop for free
    Sent me a pm and i let you on my ftp server, works with windows 7 :-))

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast