Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My First Theme {WIP}

Default My First Theme {WIP}
    Hi guys, ive been working on this theme for quite a while now.
    thought id give everyone here at these forums a screenshot to see what people think...

The icons... Yes they are Bluemetals icons from his Minimum Pro theme. i originally only used them as a set of icons that wernt standard, but have kind of built my theme round the look of them.
    so, after all this, i decided to ask Bluemetal himself if i could use them, and guess what! he said yes :P

i have a few diferent influences that might be visible, but all the work (other than the icons) is my own.

it is designed for iOS4, but maybe putting 3.X compatablility with it aswell.

time for my question: Does anyone know how to theme the status bar in iOS4? i cannot get it working for some reason? is the naming convention different? or in a different folder somewhere?
    also, i cant figure out how to remove the labels of the clock and weather app, within the theme... i know it used to be a .strings file within the springboard.app folder, but this doesnt seem to work anymore :S
    if someone can help me with these minor little hiccup, i would be very happy

any feedback, whether is negative or positive, will be greatly appreciated. obviously dont be too harsh on me, it is my first theme :P

Thanks in advance guys! look forward to your constructive criticism :P

** I will be releasing a beta version of this theme within the next couple of weeks... So if anyone is interested, please PM me!!

**JUST ADDED A COUPLE MORE
    SCREENSHOTS **
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by ukhellfire; 2010-08-29 at 01:46 AM.

nice theme..!!

Download available..???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carlipods For This Useful Post:

ukhellfire (2010-08-25)

Thank you
    Unfortuantely this is the only part of the theme thats near enough completion, to show. Hence why only one screenshot, so cannot provide a download link yet... Give me a couple more weeks and im sure ill have something more for you

>also, to everyone, i have no name for this theme, so any suggestions would be very welcome!!!

Rename clock and weahter to " " with rename II.

How do i do that? Will that be theme specific? I only want it within the theme...?

I´m not a pro themer so I don´t know any other way. Rename II renames the app iPhone specific.

Ahh righty oh! Thanks for that! Least i can have it on my phone for now will just have to do a bit more research... Coz i know u used to be able to by changing the strings file or something... Ill have a play

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

looks good, but for release, I recommend making your own icons
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Yer i was toying with the idea of my own icons... But just dont have any ideas for how they could look. I like the look of the simple icons... Any ideas of how they could look?

Also, still looking name suggestions

Hi, I like the look of your theme, matt black always looks good... to me anyway.
    Regarding get rid of your clock and weather names: I wouldn't use "Rename II" as it's not theme specific. I did it by adding lines in the following:your theme\Bundles\com.apple.springboard\en.lproj\ LocalizedApplicationNames.strings
    To get rid of the clock and weather names add these lines: (I can't remember the clock one so I have two...one works but no harm using them both)

"com.apple.mobilephone" = " ";
    "com.apple.weather" = " ";
    "com.apple.mobiletime" = " ";

If you don't have this file in the en.Iproj folder then use the one I have attached here.

I have not upgraded to os4 yet so cant verify it will work for that but it works on 3._._

Looking forward to this, keep up the good work.

EDIT... PLEASE don't use the mobilephone one... that will take out your phone icon name, just use the other two, let me know if it works.

Ian.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-08-26 at 12:30 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I like how the analog clock is the center of attention! This has some great potential!

@Ian nicoll: thanks for your input! Gave this a go, but unfortunately didnt work i really want to get rid of the names within the theme, as i want people to quite literally arrange their icons, and select the theme. I dont want a huge setup process for the theme, ie, download this, download that, put this here... Etc lol. So ima keep searching. Surely there has to be a way!
    If rename ll can do it, then surely there has to be a way!!

@pronup: thanks mate! There is so many themes with digital clocks as the center of attention, i thought it would be different to use an analogue one glad you like it!!

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Nice work.

1. Localized strings DO NOT WORK anymore on ios4. Sorry but no chance. I tried every method for three days and failed.
    2. If you use our magic widget or holdemdoggs analog clock mod please give credits too when releasing.

I'm in contact with Zausser. If there is any new method for hiding specific icon labels I'll let you know.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-08-26)

@Bluemetal: yer i figured the localized strings dont work.'ive tried everything now too also, whats this magic widget?? The widget im using a the good old WAD widget. The exact same one i used to use in my old theme i created back on 3.1.2... And as for the analogue clock that was, the vista lockscreen clock, is that still by holdemdogg? Just wondering... Of corse, anyone who needs crediting will get all the credit they need. Including your good self!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ukhellfire For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-08-27)

Any more screen shots yet? I was looking at your home page screen shot again and you do realize you have 3 clocks on it :-) So you don't really need the one with the name...
    Sorry about the localized strings not working, I still have 3.1.3 so didn't know if it would work for you or not.
    Love the vista clock, especially the way you have it embedded into the wallpaper, good job.
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing how you progress with this.

Ian.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

How is this theme going! Any update on a release date or any updated screeenshots?

@ian: you have a point. A couple of mate ive shown it to personally hve said that about the clocks. I like the idea of the weather widget tho, and own its own, the bottom looks a bit one sided. Failing that, i cud move it to the top, in the middle under the folders? And then just have a third icon each side where thr clock and weather wud ave been??
    Also, i will have more screenshots in the next day or two. I shall be up all night tonight working on it

ok..... due to a few people saying about the digital clock at the bottom of the homescreen, being not needed, i have a had a little play.
    ok people... this is where i need you help!!
    there is 3 options:
    1, The original, with the digital clock at the bottom.
    2, The screenshot with the digital clock gone, and the weather widget at the bottom in the middle.
    3, the digital clock still gone, but the weather widget at the top, in the middle, with an extra icon each side of the analogue clock...

here are a couple of screenshots, of the last 2 options (as you already have a screen shot of the first option :P )

Option 2

Option 3

let me know which one you guys prefer!
    as always your feedback, and input is much appreciated!
    Last edited by ukhellfire; 2010-08-27 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

just thought you use our widget, sorry

I like option 3, but I would like to see the date back again, perhaps under the clock. JMO.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -aaaaaaa.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-08-27 at 01:46 AM.

@bluemetal: i can see how you thought that! No worries mate! They all probably derive from the same coding anyway

@ian that looks good actually! I like that! Ill have to have a play with the html when i get in... In about half hour this theme creation is addictive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast