Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Timeless

Question Replace standard phone icons with new ones ~ Where
    Where do I go to replace the standard phone icons that came with the iphone with the new ones that came with the new 1.2 Timeless HD?
    I think the Timeless HD theme has a specific folder for this. ( I knowticed if you turn on and off the Timeless theme the icons for phone and mail revert back.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musrmgr View Post
    Where do I go to replace the standard phone icons that came with the iphone with the new ones that came with the new 1.2 Timeless HD?
    I think the Timeless HD theme has a specific folder for this. ( I knowticed if you turn on and off the Timeless theme the icons for phone and mail revert back.

Thanks in advance.
    Do you have SummerBoard Mode turned off in Windterboard?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have iFile?
    There you can replace/modify the icons in map /Library/Themes/Timeless.theme/Bundles/ there you'll find the folders off all the apps with the icons.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Blue, (or anybody who can help)

I have made my clock icon transparent and placed it behind the analog clock (5 rows), so when I touch the analog clock the clock application opens, but of coarse I still see the icon label and it looks bad! I would like to make only the clock icon label transparent. On 3.1.3 we use to use the "LocalizedApplicationNames.strings" but as you know, this does not work any more on ios4.
    Could you be more specific on the method, what exactly would I add to the info.plist file to make this text and shadow transparent for this icon?

Many thanks for all your help.

Ian.
    Thats the problem why i did not place the clock app there by default. This Localize...Method is what i mean and your´re right it does not work on ios4.
    With reworking the info plist you loose all lables on the homescreen.
    If you want so, you can use the default winterboard method too. There is a little tweak by default at winterboard called "no homescreen labels" or something (not sure i deleted this). If you move this at above my theme at winterboard and respring it works.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-26)

Hi Blue,

Just want to say thanks for another marvelous theme...and it does look so incredible with wynd's animated weather widgets ...really a toally new feeling on my old 3GS -

thanks 2 you and the community for porting this to IOS4 non IP4

7. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-09-27)

Lovin this theme
    This is for my own personal taste.
    Modified the widget to accept .png files for the clock hands.
    Changed the clock face & hands, added slight shadow to clock hands
    Added the "Spils" icon set for the weather.
    Moved the temperature left a bit.
    Added a gradient to the dock part of the overlay.png wallpaper so transaction from light to dark is smooth.
    Added a color overlay.
    Added a calendar.
    Lovin every minute of it... Thanks Blue for this theme, I will be using it till your next one
    Well deserved donation sent.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0018.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-09-27 at 05:42 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-09-27), henftling (2010-09-27), jepp376 (2010-10-19), ziggy7 (2010-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Lovin this theme
    This is for my own personal taste.
    Modified the widget to accept .png files for the clock hands.
    Changed the clock face & hands, added slight shadow to clock hands
    Added the "Spils" icon set for the weather.
    Moved the temperature left a bit.
    Added a gradient to the dock part of the overlay.png wallpaper so transaction from light to dark is smooth.
    Added a color overlay.
    Added a calendar.
    Lovin every minute of it... Thanks Blue for this theme, I will be using it till your next one
    Well deserved donation sent.

The new "glass" with the light shadow on the clock is wonderful. It makes it really like popping out of the screen. Would you mind, sharing just this one to combine it with the standard timeless widget? Just drop me a pm in case you would be willing to share your talent. ;-)
    Last edited by henftling; 2010-09-27 at 06:07 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-27)

Quote Originally Posted by henftling View Post
    The new "glass" with the light shadow on the clock is wonderful. It makes it really like popping out of the screen. Would you mind, sharing just this one to combine it with the standard timeless widget? Just drop me a pm in case you would be willing to share your talent. ;-)
    Yeah.. I made it very cone shaped!
    I can give you the overlay.png with this clock in the green/Blue and standard black, (I sure hope Blue doesn't mind!) as for the clock hands, I have changed the widget to use the png files as hands and I would need Blue's permission to pass this to you. Note: the widget would be in English only.

Ian

EDIT..

Thanks Blue for allowing me to share my small mod. This is from the free version, Although I have the paid version I don't have an iphone4 yet but I was hoping sbsettings was included but cant find it anywhere! Searched Cydia but only shows TimelessHD!
    You can download the mod here:
    TimelessMod.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    This includes the re-worked widget and the calendar, the calendar is standalone and should be placed above the theme in Winterboard. It has a transparent background so it could be used on top of any of your own backgrounds providing you are using one of Blue's transparent overlays for your wallpaper.

If you want the month on the calendar in your language, navigate to: Calendar/Widgets/Calendar and open "CalendarSB.js" On the second line you will see all the months, simply re-type them in your language & save the file. Done.

@Blue, Thanks for the kind words below, coming from a professional like yourself it means a lot.

Ian.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-09-27 at 04:00 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

henftling (2010-09-27), ziggy7 (2010-09-28)

Thanks

Thanks for donation.

This is a very professional and excellent mod. You can share here everything that is part of the free version. Also your reworked widget.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-27), henftling (2010-09-27)

@Ian
    I like your mod. Will the date automatically change on the calendar?)

@Blue
    Will the paid version with the digital clock be available in Cydia, or do I send you a donation. (I only TimelessHD in Cydia)?
    Last edited by amitaf; 2010-09-27 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Found answer

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amitaf For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-27)

Thanks

I'm still waiting for the release. I sent it to modmyi/cydiaStore two days ago. I will post here when it's avaiable.
    Both analog and Digital widgets and everything you can see in post one (SBSettings) is part of the paid version.
    It's identical with TimelessHD 1.2 and will start for that reason with Timeless v 1.2
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-09-27 at 01:58 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-28), amitaf (2010-09-27)

Quote Originally Posted by amitaf View Post
    @Ian
    I like your mod. Will the date automatically change on the calendar?)

@Blue
    Will the paid version with the digital clock be available in Cydia, or do I send you a donation. (I only TimelessHD in Cydia)?
    Hi amitaf,

Thanks, and yes, the highlighted date (for today) will change automatically every day.

@Blue, I got the SBSettings when I downloaded the HD version to my 3G, I removed this version from my iphone but kept the sbsettings, will keep it till i get my iphone4. The SBSettings look fantastic.

Ian.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

amitaf (2010-09-27), ziggy7 (2010-09-28)

@Ian
    Is it possible to make the calendar smaller (half the size)..I want to put icons next it.
    I tried editing the font size; this makes the font smaller but the calendar size did not change.

@Ian
    Is it possible to make the calendar smaller (half the size)..I want to put icons next it.
    I tried editing the font size; this makes the font smaller but the calendar size did not change.
    Use the CalendarSB.CSS file (which is in "Calendar/Widgets/Calendar/StyleSheets folder) Where it says "main, width:320px, change this to 160px, then play with the font sizes and calendar position till your happy.

You could make it half size, place it in the center & put icons either side of it, or you can place it on one side. For the alignment, try changing where it says "text-align:center"

Good luck.

Like to see a screen shot when your done

EDIT.

Actually I just tried this and it's a lot easier than it seems, I just changed 3 settings in the "CalendarSB.CSS" file
    Under "td#CalendarWidget" change position to: "top: 216px" "left: 75px
    Under ".main" change width to 170px

Here's what it looks like (I added two icons each side just to let you see how they fit but I am using fivecolumSB so you may need to adjust the above settings a bit!, just keep in mind that the total should equal 320px to keep the calendar centered eg, the above shows the calendar width at 170px with a left position of 75 (leaving 75 on the right) so 170 + 75 + 75 = 320 (the width of your screen).
    You can download it here:

SmallCalendar.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0021.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-09-27 at 06:33 PM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

amitaf (2010-09-27), EdgeNsketch (2010-09-28), jepp376 (2010-10-19), smiler887 (2010-10-11), ziggy7 (2010-09-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

dude that looks great. with the calendar surrounded by the four apps.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MuseFan288 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by MuseFan288 View Post
    dude that looks great. with the calendar surrounded by the four apps.
    Thanks,
    I am going to try and make the calendar interactive so you can go to the next month or previous month but it's hard finding the time to sit and figure it out.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

amitaf (2010-09-28), Blue (2010-09-28), ziggy7 (2010-09-28)

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,298 Posts

Awesome work from the 'infamous modder' Ian
    Looks amazing!!!

Gave my 3G away but hopefully you will do the same to the HD version when you get a iP4?!?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-09-28)

@Ian, Great work with the small calendar (Thank you for the info on changing the size). I am waiting on Cydia to get the digital mod...I want to try to resize the calendar, shift the weather, and put the calendar in place of the analog clock. (If it is not too small).

@Ian, Great work with the small calendar (Thank you for the info on changing the size). I am waiting on Cydia to get the digital mod...I want to try to resize the calendar, shift the weather, and put the calendar in place of the analog clock. (If it is not too small).
    Sounds like your on a mission Look forward to seeing your creation.

Nice mod, it fixed my "No Clock" issue

i moved some stuff about and i am very happy with the layout and look of this theme.

Last edited by frotack; 2010-09-28 at 10:56 PM.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast