Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: COMPLETE THEMES DO NOT WORK ON IPHONE 4.... yet

By the time we get done with ip4 themes the ios5 will be out. Lmao. Damn. I have so many themes I don't really know where to start. I'm thinking of just making ip4 themes from ground up. New themes that is and updating my 3.1.3 and below to ios4. Still thinking that is....

Hey Joe_ all is okay. Been super busy with my kids and work. Don't have as much time to theme as I did in the early days. Really not even sure where to start on a new theme as so we have so many really great themes out today and the ideas ( new ) are running out. I may just take the best of all my themes and put them together. Lol. Not even sure I can make that happen. :-/
    Last edited by zausser; 2010-08-06 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Few points I'd like to touch up on:

1. For those of you saying not to theme for iOS3, please remember that some people here have either first generation devices that can't run iOS4, and some people have second generation devices that barely run iOS4, and prefer to stay on 3, and theres no reason to exclude them in the slightest.

2. Maybe it's time for a different category in cydia, and since the iPT4 is most likely going to have a retina display as well, maybe there should be a few new sections, for example, we should have:
    Themes (Complete)
    HR-Themes (Complete)
    Themes (Dialer)
    HR-Themes (Dialer)

Follow that pattern through with all of them, as to preserve space, and because it will stop all questions of "Is this a high res theme? Why does my device look like ****, oh, there no iPhone 4 support. ****!" I know some of you might not double uploading to Cydia, but then you can keep track of how often the HR ones are downloaded as supposed to the LR ones.

-or-

Have it uploaded/downloaded in a manner that iOS3 and 4 are saved as two separate themes, and have one person just write up a guide on how to use iFile or SSH to delete the one you don't need. If you can jailbreak, you can delete a folder.

Just a few thoughts.

I spoke to Kyle... It seems that it will be In all of our best interests to make it two separate themes. The size of a hybrid theme, would be enough to cause MANY headaches for end users, hosts and us. I had started planning to make it a separate theme myself, although a hybrid would be nice, just not really feasible.... Theme on gang

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (2010-08-06), FreeApple (2010-08-06), TCcentex (2010-08-06)

Two seperate themes as one simply for iphone4 and one for 3.0 and 4.0 or two seperate themes as 3.0 and 4.0 including iphone4 in 4.0? You lost me on that on Bars...its early...lol

Just separate one for iPhone 4...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-08-06)

Can someone just tell me how to use custom walls and lockscreens and the iphone4. I have the images i want and have tried putting them in my photos library and the phone wallpaper folder. I even followed some instructions about making a copy xxx.thumbnail.png. but will not show as a selection in settings. all i can use is photo ive taken with the device and the stock wallpapers. help a blindman see.

Alrightly then..... so is ths the verdict or what? I think us theme creators need to all do the same thing so ppl do not get more confused then they already are!

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    Can someone just tell me how to use custom walls and lockscreens and the iphone4. I have the images i want and have tried putting them in my photos library and the phone wallpaper folder. I even followed some instructions about making a copy xxx.thumbnail.png. but will not show as a selection in settings. all i can use is photo ive taken with the device and the stock wallpapers. help a blindman see.

what is wrong with your phone?

Seriously though that should be not a problem at all! Try using jpg instead of png....a suggestion
    Last edited by FreeApple; 2010-08-06 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whatever, i just added the @2x to everything and it works. just seems stupid to have so many files for one image

What rob is saying is that for ios4 the size of the theme would be way to big to make it compatible for retina and non retina displays. It would make a 35mb then a 70mb theme and would cause to many problems

So it's suggested to make two themes themes for ios4 to cut Down on the size.

I'm not sure if I plan om doing another theme just cause with my work schedule and having kids takes up all my time. But, and this is only my opinion, is if ii make one it will only be for ios4. Ios4 is by far better than ios3 and it's paving the way for the future. Those who are not on board now will be sooner or later.

Most likely devs will create themes for the ios they have available. And from the sound of it, most devs have ios4 and or an ip4.

I know that leaves out a lot of people but ios4 is now and will never go back to the ways of ios3. All new programs will be made for ios4. So that's my thoughts
    Last edited by subywrex; 2010-08-06 at 06:05 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2010-08-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I suare if I had the iPhone 4 (Dad's phone broke = Contract extension until 2013) I would have had the i4 stock theme already prepped up and ready to go... I'll have the iPhone 7 stock theme FOR SURE! i7 stock theme will be released almost immediately after a jailbreak is found.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

Im still on 3.1.3,cuz there are Cydia apps that dont work on ios4 yet.
    But,as soon I get my iPhone4 next week,I'll start making iP4 themes.And Im now scratching my head on how to give support to all devices.This hobbie is getting hard (damn Apple)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    Im still on 3.1.3,cuz there are Cydia apps that dont work on ios4 yet.
    But,as soon I get my iPhone4 next week,I'll start making iP4 themes.And Im now scratching my head on how to give support to all devices.This hobbie is getting hard (damn Apple)
    All you have to do is keep 3.0 4.0 stock themes and mix the new icon names into the 3.0 theme. Then you have a universally compatible theme. But as more iOSs come out, the more dang time it's going to take to do it....

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

The thing is that I dont have a device with ios4,so I cant make test.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Thanks

got it done guys. all the uiinages from the iPhone4 has been excracted

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ibnyaffa For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2010-08-07), eonC4PDA (2010-08-07), FreeApple (2010-08-07), subywrex (2010-08-07), TCcentex (2010-08-07), ziggy7 (2010-08-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibnyaffa View Post
    got it done guys. all the uiinages from the iPhone4 has been excracted
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

can i bug you for a link? We've all been waiting for someone to crack this new theme - you are the man!

ib coming through in the pinch!

Thanks

complete iPhone4 UIImages. credits are due @vicarious78 @ecko666 & @0xced for the extractor and mostly the bAdGB team Download iPhone4 complete uiimages.zip
    Last edited by ibnyaffa; 2010-08-07 at 08:48 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibnyaffa For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-08-07), June'sIphone (2010-08-08), TCcentex (2010-08-07), ziggy7 (2010-08-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    whatever, i just added the @2x to everything and it works. just seems stupid to have so many files for one image
    How you liking the theme Joe?

complete iPhone4 UIImages. credits are due @vicarious78 @ecko666 & @0xced for the extractor and mostly the bAdGB team Download iPhone4 complete uiimages.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    are these bundles folders all we'll need to theme to release an iP4 hi-res theme? There's no uiimages folder, icon folder, etc - and per the boss man Kyle we need to submit iP4 themes as stand-alones in Cydia... Will we need to simply fill in the gaps with the previously released ios4 low-res theme files?
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-08-07 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2010-08-07)

Thanks

look for the shared folder. it's all there.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibnyaffa For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-08-07), TCcentex (2010-08-07), ziggy7 (2010-08-07)

complete iPhone4 UIImages. credits are due @vicarious78 @ecko666 & @0xced for the extractor and mostly the bAdGB team Download iPhone4 complete uiimages.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Thanks To you and the team of goons!!! My wife might not see my face for a few days GAME ON!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

ziggy7 (2010-08-07)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast