Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: COMPLETE THEMES DO NOT WORK ON IPHONE 4.... yet

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    I'll let you in on a secret... There are forums here that are only accessable to theme creators, and we're further along than you think... Just need more time....
    thought so. the change in colour in the name made me think that lol reminds me of the secret menu some restaurants have. btw good luck with compiling the stock theme

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MuseFan288 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-05)

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

Yea,once we have a stock theme,things will be easyer for us.
    Also,as things like Springjumps arent working yet on ios4 (and iPhone4),dont expect a exact port of our themes.We will port them as we can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post

Off topic:check new BlueMetal Signature theme.It has a new widget that work on all devices,including iPhone4.A lot of dedication has put on this,by Holdemdog,Blue,Kamce and myself.
    Is the true working widget compatible with all idevices.

All widgets on my themes have been compatible with ALL iDevices!

I have had at least 10 ppl on the Beta with the iPhone4 and they all reported most things worked and LOOKED GREAT!!! They said the Icons were a little blurry and things such as the phone app and keypad did'nt work but ALL Widgets and Wallpapers looked great ran great So I think we are getting worked up over nothing....

Once we have a stock theme only then we will know

So BOTTOM LINE LETS GET THAT STOCK THEME GOING!!!

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

This is tha trick:
    if you take a photo on 3GS,the resolution in px will be 320x480.
    Now,if you sync that same photo to a iPhone4,that have a 640x960 res,the photo will look the same as in 3GS,but not hi-res.
    Thats why users are reporting that some themes (mostly the wallpapers) are still looking nice,cus they dont see the diference.they are seeing the same image on another phone.
    But iPhone4 support bigger images,so to get the most of owr themes,now we have to recreate bigger images,and the theme will look more outstanding.
    Themers has the option to just add the @2x in their files,but unless you recreate the images hi-res,they arent getting the thame better,is just the same theme that works on iPhone4,but not hi-res.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    All widgets on my themes have been compatible with ALL iDevices!

But owr new widget is the first widget that work on ios3,ios4 and iPhone4,that is fully customizable like it can be set to 6 different languages and the time can also be changed to a 24h clock,hide AM/PM.
    The widget have the syle that Blue wanted for his theme,but is very customizable and you can change anything to make it look your oun way.You can eaven add more strings to have a anologue clock,overlays backgrounds,and eaven animations.
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-08-05 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    iPhone4 support bigger images,so to get the most of owr themes,now we have to recreate bigger images,and the theme will look more outstanding.
    Themers has the option to just add the @2x in their files,but unless you recreate the images hi-res,they arent getting the thame better,is just the same theme that works on iPhone4,but not hi-res.

But owr new widget is the first widget that work on ios3,ios4 and iPhone4,that is fully customizable like it can be set to 6 different languages and the time can also be changed to a 24h clock,hide AM/PM.
    The widget have the syle that Blue wanted for his theme,but is very customizable and you can change anything to make it look your oun way.You can eaven add more strings to have a anologue clock,overlays backgrounds,and eaven animations.
    I agree man the iphone will not have much difference but we have the option to go high res with a theme ! We already know and can asume that 4.0 is mainly what iphone 4 is working off of and some where in the theme we will have the option to use their codes in the device and the new screen to go high res!

For the widgets though why would it be any different? HTML, css, Javascript ect.. all the same... the device only has a different os its not a different phone! Iam confused with the widget compatibilty issues that people think we might have here in the near future!

This is all a bit confusing. The @2x is only for iPhone 4. So now theme devs will have to double there work to make it compatible with all devices ie a smaller .png and a larger kore defined @2x.png.

That's is good and all but my question is what do we do about the icons in the icons folder. They aren't named icon.png they woild be named like cydia.png. How do we go around that? Will this need a winterboad update to support @2x?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeApple For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-05)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    Seriously though Joe, you are the sweetest sweetheart here, and I suggest a secret forum only accessable by you be opened. You'll just have to shake your own hands.....
    Post of the year. I'm going to have to borrow that one...
    iLive an iLife

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-05)

The iPhone 4 stock theme has both ios4 and the @2x images. iPhone 4 looks for the @2x image to use. So one theme can be used for both ios4 and iPhone4 if the Dev wants to take the time skinning all those images. Once someone smarter then me unlocks the [email][email protected] files we will be set. Or should I say I will. Lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Nobody has been able to look in the stock iP4 theme yet, so it's hard to say... I've heard of some people manually dripping hi-res icons into the specific application folder and name it "icon.png" or "[email protected]"....

But no definite answer until we see the stock theme....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (2010-08-06), FreeApple (2010-08-06), June'sIphone (2010-08-06)

just give me a heads up when themes are ready for my bad *** ip4, im done trollin for awhile

oh, hi Zausser, trust all is well.

Thanks

since there are a few themers looking at this thread let me put this out there...

I DO NOT want to have two seperate copies of my themes, one for up to 3rd gen and one for iP4 for sale seperately on Cydia. I intend on having "super-hybrid" versions that will work on all platforms and devices, and know the one big issue will be the size... My ios4-ready themes are pushing 30+ MB with all the mods as it is , so that may be the one big issue that has to be addressed with KM...

Opinions?

(wanted to put this out there for the public to see too -- what are your expectations?)

-------------------------------------------------

and Floppy -- i just read your PM -- I don't have an iP4 yet so i'm not following you -- can you send me another PM with some more detail or maybe some screenies? Thanks my friend
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-08-06 at 03:17 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-08-06)

I'm going to get sone info from Kyle and I'll be back

25. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-06)

I agree 100%! but to add to that I believe that we need to not make two seperate themes completely but have two seperate .theme folders one for 3.0 and one for 4.0 and 4.0 will be the major hybrid supporting the iphone 4!

Overall we do have an isssue here that I believe needs to be adressed before it gets out of hand with all the new forums being created and new jailbreakers due to it being legal now and the new 4.0 and IOS4 JB.

I have already had a but load of questions and comments on the IOS4 and I personally have a fellow who just yesterday downloaded my trail theme from cydia on his new iPhone 4 and now he is stuck in safe mode.... I tried to explain it is not my package but he states it happend during downloading my theme.

WE NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT AND FAST!! IBELIEVE IT IS NO ONES DUTY BUT OURS AS THEME CREATORS TO DECIDE TOGATHER ON A PLAN AND GO FOR IT!

This thread should stay in this forum but also get put into the other "new" forum if MMI decides they are going to keep that seperate ....which to me makes no sence a theme is always been a theme no need for syub forum due to a new device!!!

No need to male two packages one for retina display and non retina. Ios4 defines retina images with @2x in the file name. So you would make your high res and then size it down and save with out the @2x in the file name.

As for theming for 3.0 i wouldn't worry about it. Not sure how diff the files are but we are developers and as a developer we develop for current technology. The jb and unlock is out for 4.0 and there is no reason people shouldn't update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    No need to male two packages one for retina display and non retina. Ios4 defines retina images with @2x in the file name. So you would make your high res and then size it down and save with out the @2x in the file name.

As for theming for 3.0 i wouldn't worry about it. Not sure how diff the files are but we are developers and as a developer we develop for current technology. The jb and unlock is out for 4.0 and there is no reason people shouldn't update.
    There are a TON of differences between ios3 and ios4 themes -- different folders, images that used to be in one folder moved to another, etc. The last stats I saw concerning ios4 upgrade showed only half of all the jailbroken iDevices had done it, so we'd be leaving quite a few people without functional themes.

yeah I myself am only on 3.0!!! Youd be scewin ppl like me over! I see No Need to upgrade and have to deal with all the bugs! My device works fine and i already have mutitasking with backgrounder and mutilfl0w!

3.0 is going to be around for a hot min we definitly need to include them exspecially if your worried about sales! I think it kinda sucks but we NEED to make two folders one for 3.0 and one for 4.0. Its only logical to have this and not force the 3.0 users to cary those high res images and extra folders in their devices.

My personal opinon!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeApple For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (2010-08-06)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast