Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Minimalist and sleek SBSettings theme with high resolution graphics for retina display

  1. #21
    I guess I will hold off until winterboard is compatible with iPhone 4 I've heard lots of things like it being a mess creating tons of icons, causing reboots is this true?

    Nonetheless great work man theme looks nice

  2. #22
    I'm trying to get it worked out right now. At the very latest, it will be fixed with version 1.5.2 in a few days. Thanks for letting me know

    EDIT: bobright - I haven't had any of that with Winterboard, but I'm not much into theming most parts. I theme SBSettings because the default isn't exactly a looker, and I use winterboard to put a small clock above lockinfo on my lockscreen. It's absolutely fine for that! However, the official word is that it's not really ready for iOS4. Just installing it won't cause any problems, only once you start turning on themes (SBSettings themes excluded)

    EDIT2: Word is this: The dependencies will be fixed on the next version. I intend to submit that tomorrow with even more icons, so just hang tight until then. For anyone who doesn't want WinterBoard but doesn't know how to SSH in themes, I can provide a full how-to
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 2010-08-06 at 12:51 AM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-06)

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by clarinetJWD View Post
    Word is this: The dependencies will be fixed on the next version. I intend to submit that tomorrow with even more icons, so just hang tight until then.
    Thanks for looking into it!

    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    I guess I will hold off until winterboard is compatible with iPhone 4
    Or you can wait until tomorrow's new version of this theme which shouldn't require Winterboard.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Odilatinam For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-06)

  6. #24
    ^Great will do that, I know how to install normal themes via SSH but not sure how to install SBSettings themes. If you can do a simple write up on how to install the theme via SSH tomorrow id be very appreciative.

    Cheers on the quick iPhone 4 themed release

  7. #25
    If you're already familiar with the SSH process, all I need to tell you is:

    Place the unzipped folder into this directory
    /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-06)

  9. #26
    *bookmarked*

  10. #27
    Sorry, guys, I might not be able to get my next version submitted today. I've been procrastinating a programming assignment, so that's getting the priority treatment today...

  11. #28
    thnx for this looks very nice indeed

  12. #29
    Hi peps has anyone worked out how to change the carrier logo on iPhone 4

  13. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballaghadigue View Post
    Hi peps has anyone worked out how to change the carrier logo on iPhone 4
    I just removed mine with Make it Mine, but I'm not sure how well it works if you didn't do it before getting the iPhone 4. I used MiM on my 3G, and when I restored a backup to the 4, it restored the carrier logo

  14. #31
    Thanks. But I have a custom logo that I used on my 3GS I SSH into my carrier bundle but it doesn't show on iPhone 4

  15. #32
    Just finished the next set of icons. Version 1.6 should have 63 icon sets now, so getting pretty complete. Hopefully it will get rid of the need for Winterboard as well.

    EDIT: Well, my moronic self decided to forget to update the version number when submitting my update, so they were rejected. I'm resubmitting them now, but in the mean time, I feel I should take a moment to engage in some shameless self promotion

    My new SBSettings skin Bold is now availavle for all iPhones and iPod touches in Cydia
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 2010-08-09 at 12:42 AM.

  16. #33
    Your latest update doesn't work. You put your theme in SBSettings/Theme when it should have been SBSettings/Themes. Just letting you know.

  17. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by XceL View Post
    Your latest update doesn't work. You put your theme in SBSettings/Theme when it should have been SBSettings/Themes. Just letting you know.
    Heh you beat me to it by 20 minutes

  18. #35
    Unfortunately, I'm not in control of that step in the process. Another version has already been submitted, so hopefully it will fix the issue. Thanks for loeeting me knoe!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-10)

  20. #36
    i went ahead and downloaded Winterboard tried getting v 1.6.1 from modmyi but it isnt in SBSettings themes, or showing under Winterboard.

    am i doing something wrong? i dont mind using winterboard how can i get this installed. cheers for your work.

  21. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    i went ahead and downloaded Winterboard tried getting v 1.6.1 from modmyi but it isnt in SBSettings themes, or showing under Winterboard.

    am i doing something wrong? i dont mind using winterboard how can i get this installed. cheers for your work.
    This version is broken. There was a typo in the path, so it put it in the Theme folder instead of Themes. There's a new version out soon, so hopefully it fixes it. Otherwise, you can SSH in and move it yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience!

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-11), Odilatinam (2010-08-11)

  23. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by clarinetJWD View Post
    This version is broken. There was a typo in the path, so it put it in the Theme folder instead of Themes. There's a new version out soon, so hopefully it fixes it. Otherwise, you can SSH in and move it yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    ahh i see ill wait till its live and be checking on this thread, much easier.

    right on clarinetJWD

  24. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by clarinetJWD View Post
    There's a new version out soon, so hopefully it fixes it.
    The new version is up in Cydia. Thanks!

    It doesn't require Winterboard, and it installs in the correct directory! It works perfectly now.

    I love this theme \o/

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Odilatinam For This Useful Post:

    bobright (2010-08-11)

  26. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Odilatinam View Post
    The new version is up in Cydia. Thanks!

    It doesn't require Winterboard, and it installs in the correct directory! It works perfectly now.

    I love this theme o/
    Thanks so much!


    Just in case anyone is interested, I decided to set up a page on my website for iPhone related things. Right now, all that's there are my two SBSettings themes, but I intend to also have Winterboard themes, and eventually full blown apps as well.

    http://jwdphotography.com/iphone/iphone.html

    This theme has now had 500 downloads! Thanks
    Last edited by clarinetJWD; 2010-08-14 at 09:38 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to clarinetJWD For This Useful Post:

    RXDI (2010-08-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •