Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanpromance View Post
    I figured it out.. The Iphone 4 iOS 4.01 wont autoskin icons like phone, mail, safari, sms, etc.. only icons downloaded from appstore.. And my reference icons was all from those icons.. once I entered my category folder and moved it into springboard, the mask worked.

How do I autoskin stock images tho? Is that possible too? sucks to have to skin those manually..

and yeah.. its TEBlack.theme
    only app-store icons auto-create... native apps and cydia apps have to be manually skinned... essentially, if you press and hold down an icon (like you're going to move or delete it), all the app icons that jiggle around with the "x" box allowing you to delete them are app store apps - those will skin with your mask and shadow... all the ones that jiggle and DON'T show the "x" box to delete are bative or cydia apps - those you have to manually create.

I reckon NINE HD edited the original to get the HD images then, and not found in the theme folder?

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

hi,
    probably this post does not belong here, but if any one knows how to delete these 3 pngs, appiconmask, etc... from the phone i will appreciate the help

PS i am theming without winterboard and i cant find where these files are..

thanks
    THIS IS AN ADDICTION CALLED IPHONEINE

If im not mistaken alit uses this feature? I also think that illumine and black chrome theme?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonicz View Post
    If im not mistaken alit uses this feature? I also think that illumine and black chrome theme?
    all the best themes are using this auto-create feature. It's not something that's limited to one particular theme and everyone else copied it, it's an iPhone thing. The mask and shadow is how apple programmed the idevice to skin the more than 250,000 app-store icons with the stock shape and overlay - all we're doing is customizing the graphics of Apple's stock mask and shadow so our custom icon overlays can apply without having to manually create hundreds of icons from scratch.

this is a great tutorial, how would you suggest changing a theme (elite) which has a WB thick boarder option, yet only changes the native apps and then a few more so that all apps are consistent with thick boarders?

Great tutorial, I am a newbie and this is the first time I have tried to make something like this, also I am not the best at photoshop so it will take me a while.

I'm trying to make semi transparent icons that are a little bit smaller than the original icons. I can make them transparent and I can make them smaller, just not at the same time, If I make a black border around the outside and say make the middle white with 50% Opacity on my springboard you have the middle bit transparent but then the outside is normal?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

to make your icons smaller and transparent, assuming you just want them to look like stock icons just smaller and transparent, you could just have your icons have not that little white overlay at the top that the stock images have, and that would be easiest, but the other way wont be too hard either, and I can make you a psd and the images for auto create to have that. The problem with your idea is that you will have to make your cydia icons, and your stock apps icons manualy.

The easiest way, in my opinion to go about this is to use something like shrink, where you can shrink your icons to the size you want, and then make a theme with an info.plist telling your icons to be more transparent. I am pretty sure this still works on ios4 but maybe I'm wrong. I know it does on 3.x I just assume it does with ios4 haven't tried it yet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-09-05)

I dont mind having to autocreate the stock and cydia icons I just want it to autocreate appstores for now and as I haven't done this before I got a bit stuck.

I've attached a pic of what I have got it to look like so far after about an hours playing a springing but I would like them a tad smaller.

What is Shrink?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.png  

Thanks

Shrink is an app that allows you to change the size of your icons. And of you want to post your things you have so far or upload them to a website and send the through a pm to me I'll try to help you out

sent you your icons revisited :P

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

aph1982 (2010-09-03), TCcentex (2010-09-05)

Awesome Icons mate, looking at how you have done it makes it seem so easy, Thanks so much!

Thanks

no problem i'll upload images here in a sec i have two versions one of which i didn't give to you cause i just made it... turns out what i gave to you the border isn't so transparent, but this new one makes it more transparent so you can see the background see

Its weird. I cant really make a template like this. Someone really needs to give me lessons how to make a good theme.

Yeh looks awesome, I'm having a play with the PSD now .

Do you have to save them somewhere else also as in the multitasking bar you can see the black outline on them?

Thanks

i'm sorry I don't know what you mean save what somewhere else and black outline on what? haha sorry.

as for kryptonicz if you have some sort of icon you want made auto created i can try to do it for you and youc an check out what i do the best way to learn is to look at other psds. like aph is doing right now.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

Kryptonicz (2010-09-03), TCcentex (2010-09-05)

Lol sorry let me try and explain better.

Icons look awesome on the springboard but when I double tap and bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom they have a big black border round them....

Pic attached, should make it easier

Ignore this I have done it, bit of research on MMI and you can pretty much find everything
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0008.png  
    Last edited by aph1982; 2010-09-03 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    as for kryptonicz if you have some sort of icon you want made auto created i can try to do it for you and youc an check out what i do the best way to learn is to look at other psds. like aph is doing right now.
    I
    If you look at my fist theme, Frammed it was just copying the mask to an icon and cropping and pasting it back. Know it seems a lot harder

Santaf thanks again.

Here is how it is going so far with just the icons.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-3...ml#post5437565

Thanks

no problem man glad it all worked out and oh tht was an icon shadow image haha but you got it fixed good thing :P

24. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-09-05)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast