Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dusk Evolution

Default dusk evolution
    i think your themes are awesome keep up the brilliant work a big thank you

Great Job Alien. I've been out of the theming stuff since you're HD2 theme. Anticipating the iPhone 4 jailbreak I'm looking for my first theme. I'm thinking about trying your dusk theme or this once they are iOS4 compatible

Dusk Evolution + Htc Desire Mod

** Htc Desire Mod created by Mone (Kleinmone), translation & minor code alterations by me.
    Last edited by Scoot62; 2010-07-29 at 10:28 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scoot62 For This Useful Post:

Centauri (2010-07-29), fdw1 (2010-07-30), LT_510 (2010-09-25)

This is honestly the best theme I've ever seen. great job. I went ahead, once I get this setup, I'm definitely donating. Especially since it seems you keep releasing new things!

a couple of questions.

1.) is there a difference between if I download the theme here and download via the cydia repo? I notice that this one says v 1.25 3.1.3, the Cydia one only says 3.1.3.

2.) And if I download using the Cydia repo (seems easier), can I install all the Dusk mods that's on this forum?

3.) I liked the youtube videos of the animations. Does the Dusk Evo have the same capabilities or greater than the Dusk had? I read that the animations aren't working for the Evo.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by crewxp; 2010-07-29 at 04:20 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

The theme is on Cydia,but I didnt upload it.
    I shared the theme to MacCiti,and someone upload to they repo.
    So hudge thanks to the one that post the theme over that repo in Cydia.
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-07-29 at 05:18 AM.

cool thanks Alien. I've never downloaded a theme for my iPhone before, but this one was just too hard to pass up!!

just TWO more questions. Sorry to burdeon you.

The animations in Dusk Evo are better than the animations in Dusk, right?

And if I have 3.1.2, this theme should still technically work, right?
    Last edited by crewxp; 2010-07-29 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks

The weather animations are the best you can find,no other weather animations can compare to this...(exept for the original animations on the real Htc devices that I was inspired)
    I didnt test on 3.1.2,but it should not give problems if you follow Dusk and Evo tutorials.
    I know that this theme is not the easyest to set,but once finished,it looks outstanding.
    I myself am afraid to make a diferent theme,cus I love this so mush,that I dont want to change it,is the one that I use and people in the streets dont beleive that is an iPhone...(sometimes I have to take off the cover to show that is an iPhone)

Thanks

Alien.....you gotta make anpther theme. These have been amazing and a lot of fun. It may seem difficult to set up but i thought that it was the best part. I've really enjoyed helping others with these themes and mods. Great work!!!!! Keep it up.

Thanks

Thanks w00dS
    I will be making more (and dirferent) themes.
    Yea,the setup was fun for me to,but many people dont like,or are afraid,to get to the procces (I was afraid to before making my own themes,but now I like it)
    but I will try my best to be simple in the future.
    One thing I like and Im very pleased,is people like you,that take a time to help others,and making mods.You are great guys,and thats why I keep sharing my themes and ideas,and give them for free.People like you deserve more than I have done.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

fdw1 (2010-07-30), w00dS (2010-07-29)

thanks Alien. One quick question. I just stumbled upon this while reading different forums.

The EVO version doesnt have 'realtime' animations, right? If I want realtime animation, I should install the regular Dusk version, not EVO, right?

Thanks

The weather images on DUSK widgets animates in realtime.
    The best thing:you can use them in DUSK EVO.
    So you can use DUSK EVO theme with the DUSK widgets,to have realtime animated weather icon.
    Just look for the ANI word,they have realtime animations.

sweet thanks! I took your advice and used the DUSK animations with DUSK EVO. Looks awesome!!!

Is there somewhere that shows what the Settings, Internet, and Media page is supposed to look like?

I saw this image here:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2mw8oav.jpg

And my Internet page doesn't look like at all. It's just a normal springboard with EVO Icons. No search bar. Or big internet icon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    sweet thanks! I took your advice and used the DUSK animations with DUSK EVO. Looks awesome!!!

Is there somewhere that shows what the Settings, Internet, and Media page is supposed to look like?

I saw this image here:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2mw8oav.jpg

And my Internet page doesn't look like at all. It's just a normal springboard with EVO Icons. No search bar. Or big internet icon.
    The settings page is explained with screenshots here: http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ased-dusk.html
    It's a seperate selectable theme that you will select in winterboard and move above your main theme.

The internet page is set up much of the same way. First, you need to create about 20 iBlanks and put them on the internet page. In my screen shots: the big G at the top is actually the Google app from the app store. Download the app and put it there. The App in the middle is the stock Safari app. You may or may not have Opera Mini, which is the big O at the bottom. The bottom 2 icons that I have are not necessary, but if you have other internet webclips or icons, you would put them there. Select your main theme in winterboard and respring.

Last edited by w00dS; 2010-07-29 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks

. This is my version had to show kid freindly pic but I use one page for everything my icons in the dock are categories folders which scroll not quite done got some ps tricks for the other pages but I need psd for cover and the buttons that I use for phone and messages tell me what you think
    Last edited by fdw1; 2010-07-29 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks

Looking good fdw1. Nice touches.

Thanks

Hey but can someone help with a dock psd and adding fuzzy cootie font that's what I need and how do I increase the size of the font for rss and think I will be done on the mods changing handle to something more sexy

Awesome guys! How much do you usually donate to Alien? I really need to do so now. A few more questions.

1.) Thanks!! Strangely, that's how I have my Internet page setup. When I change to DUSK instead of DUSK EVO, I see how it's supposed to look. But when I change back to DUSK EVO, It's just a regular page. So does DUSK EVO not have that layout for the Internet page?

2.) And can anyone tell me what I need to have enabled in Winterboard to get yalls awesome looks? I didnt know how to install Dusk RSS and Notifier, so I put them in /var/stash/Themes like all the rest. When I enable it, nothing happens.

3.) And my home page doesnt show the dock for some reason, it's weird. Does it have something to do with the 'label' or 'cover' that goes over the dock icons i'm seeing on some peoples screenshots?

4.) I really like your icons w00ds and fdw1, can you tell me how you got the look yall have (ex: what you have enabled in winterboard)?

5.) On DUSK EVO's official screenshot, there's something called 'Calendar' on the home page. Is that the DUSK Notifier?

Here's some screenshots of mine now (basic, just after installing):
    Winterboard Settings 1

Winterboard Settings 2

Internet Page

Testing Scrolling from Page to Page

Weird dock/Empty Home Page:
    Last edited by crewxp; 2010-07-29 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fdw1 View Post
    Hey but can someone help with a dock psd and adding fuzzy cootie font that's what I need and how do I increase the size of the font for rss and think I will be done on the mods changing handle to something more sexy
    You want the psd or do you need us to make you one and give you the png?

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Awesome guys! How much do you usually donate to Alien? I really need to do so now. A few more questions.

1.) Thanks!! Strangely, that's how I have my Internet page setup. When I change to DUSK instead of DUSK EVO, I see how it's supposed to look. But when I change back to DUSK EVO, It's just a regular page. So does DUSK EVO not have that layout for the Internet page?

2.) And can anyone tell me what I need to have enabled in Winterboard to get yalls awesome looks? I didnt know how to install Dusk RSS and Notifier, so I put them in /var/stash/Themes like all the rest. When I enable it, nothing happens.

3.) And my home page doesnt show the dock for some reason, it's weird. Does it have something to do with the 'label' or 'cover' that goes over the dock icons i'm seeing on some peoples screenshots?

4.) I really like your icons w00ds and fdw1, can you tell me how you got the look yall have (ex: what you have enabled in winterboard)?

5.) On DUSK EVO's official screenshot, there's something called 'Calendar' on the home page. Is that the DUSK Notifier?

Here's some screenshots of mine now (basic, just after installing):
    I can't remember how much I donated.....I think it was $3.00. Well worth every penny!!!!

1) DuskEVO has the icons to make the internet page the way you want it to look. I have DuskEVO right now and my internet page is fine.

2) My theme is a combo of several of Alien's themes. DuskEVO, DuskEVO-HTC HD2 (Clock and weather), Dock Cover theme, Glass balls from the Pewter theme....and just different mods here and there. In order for us to help you, you need to be very specific on what you want.

3) It could have something to do with the order of your themes in Winterboard. The dock cover theme has it's own home page.

4) My icons are the glass balls icons from the Pewter theme.

5) No. The calendar on the home page is nothing more than a spot for your calendar icon to go. The calendar icon has to be clear and in that spot to work properly.
    Last edited by w00dS; 2010-07-29 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the dusk evolution downloaded from cydia, and I don't have the background pics on the home page or lock screen. How do I get them???

That's better.....

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast