Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] Absolute

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Thanks King. I love how you always post on everyones stuff and give them compliments or tell them how some good suggestions

I dont think that making a theme is hard. However I do think that it is hard when you are like K or TC and theme EVERYTHING. the amount of effort stuck into those themes is ridiculous. As strange as this may sound I actually rarely do work on my themes. Usually I just chill here on the forums or work hang with friends etc. But the reason why sometimes on my threads you just randomly see tons of screenshots from 10 pm to 2 am is because ill suddenly feel like doing it, and when I feel like doing I pump out a lot of stuff and do a lot of work. Ive done just over 100 icons for this so far and the only stuff left is iOS4 proofing it, doing the other half of the UI, and of course making the Shelved version of the theme.

It sounds like a lot but in the next two weeks ill probably have 2 or 3 nights where i get inspired by a movie or book and just do it. So for an ETA of this theme I would put out a rough estimate of 2-3 weeks. And as for the person who PMed me asking if I could send them this theme with a download link right now, im sorry but its not done yet. I could send it to you but with only half a ui and not as many icons as I would like.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-24 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

King Shady (2010-07-24)

2-3 weeks eh? I'll work hard on mine and start the new thread tomarrow or sunday. Just been working constantly with no time for theming.

Anyone try my sbsettings yet?
    If not I will when I get the chance.
    Do you think I should do something besides the side of the on/off slider to distinguish on/off because I was having trouble getting color.

Maybe a chrome lightswitch instead of icon w/ slider would be cool
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-24 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks

Oh snap. I didn't even see your sbsettings link!!! Omg! Please just pm me it! I've been getting so many emails because people have been sending me lots of messages asking for a download link to this theme or to beta test

Thanks

You might as well and go be mad at every themer who hasn't used 100% made
    icons..... And so in this case I'm thinking you are the one who fails. Once you can make hat this theme is in Photoshop come back and talk trash.
    Original?
    I haven't ever seen a theme that looks like this?!? This is a unique theme and I have psds for all of my work. Sorry for not giving credit when I had no author to give
    credit too!
    But since you mention it again I'm going to update it with Louie 's name and the fair use law.

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Sooooo is this theme coming together or not after all this?
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Thanks

Here is a quote showing what exactly fair use is. If it is non-commerical it is fair use,
    Gathered from this website... The 'Fair Use' Rule: When Use of Copyrighted Material is Acceptable - Free Legal Information - Nolo
    And since this is a LEGAL encyclopedia don't BS me and say it isn't right.

Here is the quote (Do I need to cite fair use for this too????)
    "When Is a Use a "Fair Use"?

There are five basic rules to keep in mind when deciding whether or not a particular use of an author's work is a fair use:

Rule 1: Are You Creating Something New or Just Copying?

The purpose and character of your intended use of the material involved is the single most important factor in determining whether a use is a fair use. The question to ask here is whether you are merely copying someone else's work verbatim or instead using it to help create something new."
    If you have a brain you will notice that I am using whatever these icons are from in a way that lets me make them new. They are not a straight copy and never will be.
    Secondly the Free version of this theme is the only version which will incorporate these icons. The paid theme (Charging $1.49) will not use these. These are basically MMi only.
    From what I have seen from Codethemed these are only a few of these icons, and lastly I am in no way using the icons to compete with CodeThemed.

This would stand up in a legal court, which in this case wouldnt even hold this as a case since they are individual free source icons posted on the internet for free download WITHOUT copyright.
    If a legal U.S. court wouldnt hold this case why will you Emperor??
    Oh wait thats right, you exist only to hate on stuff when it does fall in with your beliefs and when it does you refuse to give back to the community. only take.
    Have a nice day sir and I believe you just got destroyed, LEGALLY.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    LOL busted again, over and over... when are you gonna learn?
    one more time, BE YOURSELF!!!! be original, shame on you
    shame on you for wasting one of your 46 posts in a year on bashing poor Violent

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (2010-08-13)

Thanks

Everyone please go read the updated first post so that you may see what exactly I am going with this. I treat this seriously and am not messing around, any hackers who read this be warned, IP's can be recorded and submitted to authorities for review of violations of laws. If you have any further questions regarding the legal state of theming and in particular Absolute please E-Mail me at [email protected]
    Have a good day everyone and I hope for everyone this will put an end to people flaming each other.
    And if anyone is wondering how exactly I could charge someone with a law when it isn't copyrighted, the answer is Intellectual Property. Go look up cases of it online and you can read what exactly happens there.

Here are the icon frame overlays for you to pick apart because the next thing is someone will say i didn't make them. I did along with all other images besides the one from Louie Mantia
    Absolute Icon templates.psd
    its 3 mb so download and check it out. Its all layer stlyes so only a couple layers were actually needed.

And to respond to AllanWattus, I will fight to make sure that this theme stays alive. I think it is the best thing Ive done so far and I refuse to let people like Emperor kill it like i let them kill M-Phone (Granted its in better hands with FreeApple)
    You can bet your iPhone that you will see this theme done in a couple weeks with themed UI and all.

Huge thanks to Santaf for making my icons autocreate. I think i understand how it works now and next theme no matter what ill get it done MYSELF.

All of these are from santafs autoskin

Oops! Off center labels. I used the earlier PList so woops. Ill fix that too! LAWL
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-24 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (2010-07-24)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

=/ Why does this always happen to new theme creators hah This theme is his idea and he has worked a lot on it. People please can't we jsut get along without all this arguing come on. Okay he didn't make the images that are inside the icon border... Neither did almost anyone else who has made a successful theme... granted there are some that make them too... but bars, k. nitsua, zausser, myself, tccentex, and so many others all our themes use images we didn't take the photo or we dind't make in photoshop we just make the border and and the effects that give the images dimension.

By the looks of it, it seems like we should be giving apple credit for the stock images we use, and every single company that we have made an icon for their app using their image for their icon they should get the credit too. hah.

Viiolent has also said multiple times that he got the icons from a different place that said anyone could use them even for commercial purposes. There was no author given so he had no one to give credit to. He has given the credit now that he knows who really made the image not the icon but the image.

We can all settle this now it should just end.

Thanks

-santaf

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post

Huge thanks to Santaf for making my icons autocreate. I think i understand how it works now and next theme no matter what ill get it done MYSELF.

All of these are from santafs autoskin

Oops! Off center labels. I used the earlier PList so woops. Ill fix that too! LAWL

no problem do you want me to make the bottom part more dark? the style looks a little not visible on most icons

Thanks

I would say that they are MAYBE a tad bit lighter than the others. i didnt notice till you pointed it out and im the one who designed the damn things LOL
    They look good Santaf. Great Job!

Technically we should never even let a theme that uses Standard app icons through because those are legally owned by apple and copyrighted. No fair use will get you through apples monkey men in suits... >:{
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-24 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

hah I'm guessing the ones custom made like the dock ones aren't made from the psd I sent you... If you make them from the psd I sent you they will look the same as the auto create Because I created exactly what the appiconmasks do only using photoshop so try remaking those icons with my psd

I posted the sbs here on page 2 and emailed you all my extra PSDs...

I was gonna go to work todat but then I slept in so I have time to work on this theme (dont worry im 15 and work at my parents store so its cool lol)

If people are gonna give me crap because I used a tut and completely changed it and gave credit to the creator and recieved full permission but it still isnt good enough I might just leave MMi altogether.

If the credit is given when its needed then THERE SHOULDNT BE ALL THIS DAMN ARGUING.

Maybe ill still finish mine up if I dont get crap but Im sure you guys will hand the crap on a silver plater when I work on a theme inspired by onlive
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-24 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    shame on you for wasting one of your 46 posts in a year on bashing poor Violent

I like the way this is coming together, looks clean, love the metallic frames, very sexy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jdmss1 For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-07-24)

Thanks

LOL Crap on a silver plate?
    Ill download the SBSettings and try them out. Ill make sure to post some screenies here
    Sorry for not seeing it at all

Nice work mate!
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Im actually in the process of making new SBS icons that are actually like chrome light switches so its more obvious when its on or off but I still havent tried it out yet. When I get back from lunch ill post some screenies of thr new sbs and a screenshot if it works

How would something like that look for an SBS icon with like the word on or off in the inside of the switch (obviously there will be a sep icon for on switch)

Should I put the icon image on the plate or the outer part of the switch? (or the inner part instead of the on/off text)
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-24 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That looks great Snow. Maybe you shouldnt do an actual switch so much as a little LED below the actual icon and that lights up green when on? I like those more just because they seem less gimicky. IMHO K's Twilight SBS were the best Ive ever seen. I just loved how they looked when turned on.

yeah ok. I like gimmicky though but the other one went better with the theme. Not sure how ill get the LED in there but ill give it a shot.

Did you try my SBS yet? I still didnt get a chance

just tested out the sbsettings so far:

Just need to move up the dock a little and make the icons as well as some sort of LED
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-25 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Actually dont do LED's. This looks better.And no I havent. im still in town and dont want to use iFile

Anyone else noticed TheEmperor never returns after a bash? He just does a hit and run.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-25 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-25)

but if it has the icons and not the text will people know that if its on the left its on?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast