Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] Absolute

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Violent I can't sell themes that were just mixed together, even if I did give proper credit. I'm earning money with your ideas. I'm working for free now. Even if I do sell a theme, only a percentage will go to me and I'll make sure the majority goes to the original people. If I earn $1000 off an idea of yours, $800 would go to you... Lol.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuint87 View Post
    Have I ever flamed you in any post?
    No.

I simply stated that you did not make those icons.
    Sorry. But in m defense I didnt have any knowledge of it and there was no author...
    That said thanks for pointing it out to me that they were someone elses and were on a well known website. Since they are I will be using stock app icons and it will delay the theme a little bit longer so I can redo icons

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Lol. Violent I can't sell themes that were just mixed together, even if I did give proper credit. I'm earning money with your ideas. I'm working for free now. Even if I do sell a theme, only a percentage will go to me and I'll make sure the majority goes to the original people. If I earn $1000 off an idea of yours, $800 would go to you... Lol.
    Are you a beta tester? On iOS4?
    I would like to test this on OS4 since i'm not sure how the HTML lockbackground would work.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-23 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Of course I'll test it on iOS4. I'm testing for iOS4 compatibility on all the themes in the themes thread. As I test, if anything is missing I will repair the faulty parts of the theme and send it back to you. Universally compatible. "All OS Compatible."

Thanks

Thanks a ton Halten, Ill get that to you once is done enough for that.
    You are a great addition to the Themeing community Halten and you ae without a doubt one of the most well known (At least among the themers) beta testers.

Thanks

Loading Screen so far. Wondering about maybe on the two lighter parts of the screen maybe cutting it out and sticking an image of that specific app??
    PSD for this is 5MB so i wont be including it in the full theme by default because i want to stay under 35 mb. and since im already at 23 with about 65-75% of the theme done... yeah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -default.png  

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

The loading screen looks great
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

cant believe I never saw this thread yet lol. I love the springboard.

I finished doing all the stuff except the icons themselves for the sbsettings and I really hope it shows up right because I didnt get a chance to test it out myself:
    Download Q9 SBS.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

I included the psd for making the icons if you felt like doing them. Hope it works good but if not tell me and ill try to fix it.

So is this thread just for your plug and play or could I post my stuff on this thread too?

Edit: Ohh... Im supposed to start another theme for my iNav stuff. Too tired now its 1 am here maybe ill do it tomarrow
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-23 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JayQuint87, am very surprised by what I see. I do not understand what the problem is the use of a picture to put original framework and gets something different from the original? Practically no icon of any picture is taken from somewhere, which I think is not a problem, a problem will be when this picture is presented in the original without any changes undergone

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

I can make the auto create for you if you want those look way easier to auto create than snowleo's were and i got those to work

Thanks

Allright then lol. I'll be visiting the Themes thread now, be right back!

Darkness he was referring to when people blamed him for stealing other peoples images in the theme that he was working on before this when he in fact had full permission to use a tut that he completely changed up but then abandoned the theme and let freeapple take over and started working on this theme

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (2010-07-23)

I see. Maybe I'm not quite right in what you say, but that is not allowed to agree on any image you find on the internet and we believe for good after associate with an application is not allowed to search every time the author of the picture. In Themes with 200 + icons is just too hard not to say impossible to find any photos of the author which is framed and used for the icon. However, framing is the working of the original, which automatically makes no problem to use image revised

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkness777 For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

OK - here's my two cents -- Violent, I think the reason why there's so much scrutiny on the authenticity of your work is that you busted onto the scene here very recently, and have very quickly moved along a path that took others months or longer to acheive. A lot of your comments about your skills and photoshop experience have unfortunatley set your bar very high - I think most of the theme creators here who have toiled hundreds of hours over the computer figuring out Photoshop, coding, widgets, etc - are simply holding you to your words. You have some great skills, but let your work speak for you... No one expects you to be the next Bars or K.Nit right away - this takes work and a lot of trial and error. Bottom line, i think you're doing a great job just expect a lot of potential critisism since you set the bar so high -- you'll have some skins on the wall over the next few months and I look forward to seeing your work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (2010-07-23)

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    OK - here's my two cents -- Violent, I think the reason why there's so much scrutiny on the authenticity of your work is that you busted onto the scene here very recently, and have very quickly moved along a path that took others months or longer to acheive. A lot of your comments about your skills and photoshop experience have unfortunatley set your bar very high - I think most of the theme creators here who have toiled hundreds of hours over the computer figuring out Photoshop, coding, widgets, etc - are simply holding you to your words. You have some great skills, but let your work speak for you... No one expects you to be the next Bars or K.Nit right away - this takes work and a lot of trial and error. Bottom line, i think you're doing a great job just expect a lot of potential critisism since you set the bar so high -- you'll have some skins on the wall over the next few months and I look forward to seeing your work
    Very well said TCcentex... I totally agree...
    Your problem Viiolent is you talk too much, as TCcentex said let your work speak for you.. Just an advise, stop preaching how good you are in photoshop or telling someone you can make a theme in 5 minutes...If you want to make a theme CREATE IT don't let our imagination create it for you inorder for us to see what your cooking...and lastly if you feel you need help JUST ASK, Im sure most of the Theme Creators here are very much willing to help... Cheers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xTianD For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (2010-07-23)

Thanks

Great reasoning tc and xtiand. I don't think Ive said I have super duper ps skills, in all honesty I don't. Most of what I do in it is stuff that I made while experimenting. And I don't think anyone can do a good theme in 5 minutes. If you're referring to the thread where I said someone could pull together that Chinese theme for biolumniscent in 5 minutes then yes I did say that. But on the other hand I did. Only because the images were already made. I do agreed that I talk to much, after all In just under 2 monthes I've racked up almost 300 posts. I personally don't think i will ever reach the levels that TC K.NiT and Z have reached. I think I'll go somewhere but doubt I'll ever be as good as they are. I just don't have enough patience

Oh forgot to include bars... I love his stuff too. And I do ask for help cnstantly. TC you've helped me so has santaf Nd FreeApple
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-24 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

I know that mr x agreed with everything I said, but I definitely don't agree with everything he did. I don't think you talk too much - we've pm'd and exchanged personal emails and I think you're a hell of a nice guy, and I apologize for opening this little can o' worms on your thread instead of using the aforementioned means of communication, but I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the critisism you're getting so I wanted to put it out there for everyone. All of us have copied and pasted at some point, that's essentially most of what a lot of the guys making Ubuntu and Windows themes do, but they don't get the same flak you're getting. I hope that you find the patience though my friend, because you do have some mad skills - I just wanted to express my opinion as to why you might be getting all this, and maybe get some of the haters to look in the mirror before slamming on you

...and I'm sure as hell not on the same level as Bars, K and Z, but thanks for the compliment
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-07-24 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks

TC you obviously haven't looked at your 1.Derful theme. In my opinion it is the absolute best completed theme here on MMi. I mean as far as I've seen absolutely everything that can possibly be themed is themed. Believe me, themed to themer you are on the same level as them. You just have a different style. Instead of navs you do plug n plays. Which in my opinion is harder because then more emphasis is put on icons an therefore they literally need to look perfect. I think that in a couple more monthes you could easily be making themes that are better than anything seen beforep

And themes that are HTC windows ubuntu etc, when you think about it they are easier, but on the other hand you can't go wrong with them. I've been thinking about doing a theme based on the new Droid X. I got one last week and took my iPhones service off.
    I decided not to for now just because of the amount of flak I've been getting, I was worried about doing it then catching flak because people would get mad because I couldn't custom make perfect android icons for every app. I would need to root my X and grab icon pngs from there. Simply put I can make good looking frames overlay etc. (the main part of iPhone themeing) but I cannot make a source image for icons and some loading screens. So my question to everyone is.... If in this theme I used a couple images not made by me but heavily modified will you all flip? Because if that is the case then you will have to deal with the loading screen I already showed.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-24 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-07-24)

I honestly think its a bunch of crap if you take an image and modify it to a point where youd never know it came from the original image.

I also think that as long as theres no copyright I think its perfectly acceptable to incorporate images from like google images into a theme as long as its not the whole theme like in the case of the images inside the orbs of my springboard.

It is also perfectly acceptable to be inspired by anything including another OS or PSD tut as long as credit is given and permission which Viiolent did in the case of the last theme but thats a different story.

Every theme out there has some inspiration or some images that are not theres. In fact about 80% of the themes in cydia are just a bunch of pictures from google randomly put together for the icons and a wallpaper or just android/pre/other OS images taken directly from that device

I appreciate people here trying to make sure proper credit is given but I HATE to see it when people here argue and dispute the use of images that are nessisary to make a nice theme especially if its something that needs permission but the permission was given.

Viiolent if you want to use an image whether modified or not as long is its not the whole theme like the crap in cydia go for it for the benefit of the people here that just want a cool theme.

The only theme where using other images was EVER an issue was in the case of the palm perfection theme that used so many of the original palm pre images and didnt give proper credit to palm to a point where palm had the balls to issue a cease and desist of the theme

Thanks

LOL. never saw the Palm Prefection since it was before my time here in the JB community. Guys I guess my whole point on themeing is just to get away from the standard apple look so that people who like the themes I make can use it. I primarily make my stuff on what i want, I dont do requests and more than likely never will. So if people see my stuff and want to buy it then thats fine or at the very least say thanks dude.
    just found out stuff at work today and its not particularly good.
    The job i work at (Which is a defense contractor) is getting some of its contracts cut by the curret administration here in the U.S. so now all Program Managers are getting their salaries docked.
    granted it is still way more than im sure a lot of people have but I doubt i can afford to be spending money on expensive stock images.
    So yes all of you wonderful people will have to be dealing with my custom made stuff without some special stuff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Violent - keep doing what ur doing man. I Admit- i was sort of suspicious of u when u came in with some quick themes, but then i started to pay attention to you a little bit more, and some of the stuff you're doing is awesome man. You have great potential to be an awesome themer and u are on ur way. Keep up the good work man. - King Shady

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast