Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] MP2 Theme - iOS4 (v1.0)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 256 Posts

@ Psy and rapidtommo : SBSettings HD has been submitted to Cydia and will be avail shortly.
    Concerning the 'fixes' Psy talked about, most are actually present in the theme (Status battery, switches, page indicator, loading screens) are all in HD (@2x) inside the theme.
    I'll look into this to see why you're not getting the @2x images displayed....

and finally for BiteSMS, it should be there, at least the bundle's there (com.bitesms > icon.png) i'll check if the bundle's name or icon name should be corrected.

@ downtrodn : yes it is.... and that's also the version i'm using (MP2 - iOS4) so i can confirm it works fine.
    Last edited by FIF7Y; 2010-08-29 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in Winterboard I pressed optimize pngs and now i have a themed bitesms icon

Thanks

strange, everything was optimized prior to release.... you sure it wasn't just the icon's cache?

when i look in the bundles folder under the theme for bitesms, there is no "2x icon file...

Quote Originally Posted by FIF7Y View Post
    strange, everything was optimized prior to release.... you sure it wasn't just the icon's cache?

Thanks

yep, i just saw that biteSMS now has a @2x icon... i'll get that ready for the next update.
    also a VERY requested icon will be present in next updates : "Flashlight"

and in regards to Psy problem of Rock.app loading screen not being HD i found that if you renamed the [email protected] to Default.png then the loading screen will load in HD

same goes for the Settings Loading screen. i think the loading screen HD file just needs to be called Default.png

i guess the loading screens dont need to have the "@2x" in them???

yep, i just saw that biteSMS now has a @2x icon... i'll get that ready for the next update.
    also a VERY requested icon will be present in next updates : "Flashlight"
    Last edited by rapidtommo; 2010-08-29 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks

thanks rapidtommo, note that i don't currently have an iPhone4 so i could only theme what i found and the feedback i got from my testers.
    There's still a lot of apps that don't include both resources and therefor some adjustments might have to be made. But please report them so i can get everything in order asap.

no probs. i know nothing about theming so i have worked that out by trial and error and what i have found is that with apple apps, you need to have the HD file called [email protected] but for other apps you need the HD file called Default.png.
    i tried that on the Rock app and Cydia app vs the Apple Stocks app.

glad to help

thanks rapidtommo, note that i don't currently have an iPhone4 so i could only theme what i found and the feedback i got from my testers.
    There's still a lot of apps that don't include both resources and therefor some adjustments might have to be made. But please report them so i can get everything in order asap.

FIF7Y the battery only works when I open safari. Is there a themed battery for the springboard? Because mine is still default. Btw, this is the best theme for IOS4! Hope you keep updating it. I've been following your themes for a while!
    Last edited by downtrodn; 2010-08-29 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks

ok i've made a topic for the iPhone4 version, please post there for things concerning that theme.
    MP2 Theme - iPhone4

Thanks

@ downtrodn : what version are you using?

I think it's 1.2. For the 3GS 4.0
    it's the newest release.

Thanks

Well the battery is themed in every apps using the light gray statusbar (then you get the blue battery) like mail, safari, iCal, Messages, etc.. The black-on-white remains with the 'normal' one.

For those that can't wait for the update here's the Cydia app Flashlight icon(s) :
    First create the folder in Thme/Bundles : com.bigboss.flashlight
    and then name the icon you want to use (small or big) : icon.png
    Finally put the icon.png inside the newly created com.bigboss.flashlight and respring

Large (120x) < iPhone4 version

Small (60px) < iPhone3 version
    Last edited by FIF7Y; 2010-08-30 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Boggles my mind that people are completely happy to blow $1.19 or $2.49 on throw away games in the App Store but are so reluctant to put down the same amount for a theme you get A LOT more use out of.

This theme is amazing.. it's a job exceptionally well done.

Thank you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to serial_x For This Useful Post:

FIF7Y (2010-08-31)

Great theme. One question. I'd like to customize it a little by having some larger buttons for a couple of apps (Facebook). I put the icon I wanted in the correctly named folder in the Bundles directory and the theme is selecting that icon instead of the default. The only thing is that it's applying the folded edge effect to it and what I'm trying for is a larger, non- folded look. How do I get it to use the icon in the Bundles sub folder but not apply any further affect?
    Last edited by Deanerh; 2010-09-15 at 12:48 AM.

Hi, just bought the theme: very nice!

Works fine, just one question; is it possible to get the labels back for the icons on the dock?

Thanks...

/edit:
    If I may: I'd like these icons themed:
    - BeejiveIM
    - Remember The Milk / RTM
    - WeatherPro
    - Navigon
    - Camera+

Please excuse me if I'm being a noob for requesting these here, I just registered here
    Last edited by mikkelnl; 2010-09-15 at 04:46 PM.

Jádore this theme, you know, your french, i wrote french, .

Thanks

Hi all, sorry i haven't been around much lately
    The 1.3 update is being processed and should be available in Cydia in a few hours.

Take care, and glad to see you're enjoying the theme.

Hi,

After upgrading to 1.3, my sms applications are no longer themed. Running iOS4.1, jailbroken using limera1n.

Is this a widespread problem?

In addition, I can't find the Bundles folder in iOS4.1, so that I can add custom icons. I've done a search as follows:

Code:
    Matts-iPhone:~ root# find / -type d -name '*Bundle*'                                                                    
    /Library/PreferenceBundles                                                                                              
    /System/Library/AccessibilityBundles                                                                                    
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles                                                                                         
    /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/DisplayBundles                                                           
    /System/Library/PreferenceBundles                                                                                       
    /System/Library/PublishingBundles                                                                                       
    /System/Library/SearchBundles                                                                                           
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/AddressBook.searchBundle                                                                  
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/Extended.searchBundle                                                                     
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileCal.searchBundle                                                                    
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileMail.searchBundle                                                                   
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileNotes.searchBundle                                                                  
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/TopHits.searchBundle                                                                      
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/iPod.searchBundle                                                                         
    /System/Library/Spotlight/SearchBundles                                                                                 
    /System/Library/Spotlight/SearchBundles/SMSSearch.searchBundle                                                          
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles                                                                             
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Glasklart Core.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Helix Battery.theme/Bundles                                                            
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Light Bulb Battery.theme/Bundles                                                       
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/MP2-iOS4.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/NativeMatte.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Pimptastic Pro.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Saurik.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Transparent Dock.theme/Bundles                                                         
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/analogue.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3.theme/Bundles                                                                      
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3_Carrier.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3_WeatherIcon.theme/Bundles                                                          
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iElemental Pro - Badges.theme/Bundles                                                  
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iElemental Pro.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iTopSB.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iTopSB_Carrier.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Helix Battery.theme/Bundles                                                            
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Light Bulb Battery.theme/Bundles                                                       
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/MP2-iOS4.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/NativeMatte.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/No Icon Shadows - iBlank.theme/Bundles                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Saurik.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Transparent Dock.theme/Bundles                                                         
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/analogue.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/iElemental Pro - Badges.theme/Bundles                                                  
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/iElemental Pro.theme/Bundles
    But it doesn't seem to find a "universal" Bundles folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
    Last edited by dmbkiwi; 2010-10-11 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dmbkiwi View Post
    Hi,

After upgrading to 1.3, my sms applications are no longer themed. Running iOS4.1, jailbroken using limera1n.

Is this a widespread problem?

In addition, I can't find the Bundles folder in iOS4.1, so that I can add custom icons. I've done a search as follows:

Code:
    Matts-iPhone:~ root# find / -type d -name '*Bundle*'                                                                    
    /Library/PreferenceBundles                                                                                              
    /System/Library/AccessibilityBundles                                                                                    
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles                                                                                         
    /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/DisplayBundles                                                           
    /System/Library/PreferenceBundles                                                                                       
    /System/Library/PublishingBundles                                                                                       
    /System/Library/SearchBundles                                                                                           
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/AddressBook.searchBundle                                                                  
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/Extended.searchBundle                                                                     
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileCal.searchBundle                                                                    
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileMail.searchBundle                                                                   
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/MobileNotes.searchBundle                                                                  
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/TopHits.searchBundle                                                                      
    /System/Library/SearchBundles/iPod.searchBundle                                                                         
    /System/Library/Spotlight/SearchBundles                                                                                 
    /System/Library/Spotlight/SearchBundles/SMSSearch.searchBundle                                                          
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles                                                                             
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Glasklart Core.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Helix Battery.theme/Bundles                                                            
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Light Bulb Battery.theme/Bundles                                                       
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/MP2-iOS4.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/NativeMatte.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Pimptastic Pro.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Saurik.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/Transparent Dock.theme/Bundles                                                         
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/analogue.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3.theme/Bundles                                                                      
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3_Carrier.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iD3_WeatherIcon.theme/Bundles                                                          
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iElemental Pro - Badges.theme/Bundles                                                  
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iElemental Pro.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iTopSB.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.iGr48g/iTopSB_Carrier.theme/Bundles                                                           
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Helix Battery.theme/Bundles                                                            
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Light Bulb Battery.theme/Bundles                                                       
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/MP2-iOS4.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/NativeMatte.theme/Bundles                                                              
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/No Icon Shadows - iBlank.theme/Bundles                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Saurik.theme/Bundles                                                                   
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/Transparent Dock.theme/Bundles                                                         
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/analogue.theme/Bundles                                                                 
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/iElemental Pro - Badges.theme/Bundles                                                  
    /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/iElemental Pro.theme/Bundles
    But it doesn't seem to find a "universal" Bundles folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
    Apple changed the names of some of the files relating to SMS icons and the like. You'll have to either wait for an update to the theme or find and rename the theme files yourself.

I'll try to find what has been changed, but I can't promise anything.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to hunt it down as well. Let me know if you have any success. Presumably the info should be available on theming sites?

I've worked out the SMS issue. The name of all the SMS images has changed by adding '~iphone' just before the .png extension, so all of the .png images in /private/var/stash/Themes.yQPf7P/MP2-iOS4.theme/Bundles/com.apple.chatkit need to be changed accordingly. So for example:

Balloon_1.png changes to Balloon_1~iphone.png

and so on ...

Then respring.

If anyone can tell me where custom app icons go, that would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by dmbkiwi; 2010-10-13 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast