Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Concept] Transformation

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Default [Preview] Q9
    SnowLeo will be the half developer also So i would appreciate if you address not just me but him too. he is currently working on an alternative Nav sort of thing (Not sure cuz hes still making) but from how excited he sounds it must be good

Im going for a similar style to the already released Nine and Classified. I personally admire those themes and want to make something inspired by them but it will have its own flair. When you see it you will think WOW Thats new. Do you all like this carbon look?

Hopefully you will all approve of this and personally I feel like this is going to be the type of theme that people like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -q9-promo-poster.png  
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-10 at 10:52 AM. Reason: new stuff :D

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

enuru999 (2010-07-12), sgt.pepper (2010-07-11), SnowLeo (2010-07-08)

Alienware is beautiful. Your themes are beautiful.

The world is about to be a very beautiful place.

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

be original! already can see possible similarities to the Alienware theme. hope this comes out cool
    ]

Thanks

Yes. But this isnt going to look like that at all. Im working on the icon set right now and it looks WAY different. The layout is going to be very simple. Just a nice little color set, the normal Layout, and of course a complete UI.
    Dont worry about the originality factor, this is going to be something completely different from other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    Alienware is beautiful. Your themes are beautiful.

The world is about to be a very beautiful place.
    LMAO!! I dont know what your on about but it sounds cool I guess
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-08 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

looks really nice I like the color scheme. Cant wait to work on this with you and see how it turns out

Thanks

[QUOTE=ViiOLENT.HD//;5333178]Yes. But this isnt going to look like that at all. Im working on the icon set right now and it looks WAY different. The layout is going to be very simple. Just a nice little color set, the normal Layout, and of course a complete UI.
    Dont worry about the originality factor, this is going to be something completely different from other stuff

Aight cool bro
    ]

Thanks

Here is a current Springboard work up. Im still working on how its being designed but so far it looks really cool. This is image is as you notice a 640x960 image. Which means it is easy to resize to a smaller 320x480
    This means that as I go i am simply making two copies of everything so that when it is released it is iPhone 4 and current iPhone Capable.

Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-09 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

My first theme was Alienware DarkStar inspired,with red,black and gray colors,with animated Wallpaper,but I never release the theme cus,well,it was my first one.

Im liking the design so far and have some ideas.

Just a brainstorm you dont have to use any of these-
    Maybe make it a 2 page wallpaper with the other side of the circle on the second page with an iconoclasm layout circle being like a half circle on each page the makes a circle with i think its called smoothboard for smooth scrolling on the pages
    I also think maybe like a weather/time widget with like like large bold font for weather/time and like flashy looking non realistic weather icons
    The app icons should be like the theme name you have on the first post but like stand out with an autocreate.
    another (better) idea- maybe just like different springjumps along the edge of the semicircle with bold looking icons for the different types of apps that will take you to different pages that will have maybe the type of app integrated into the semicircle part of the wallpaper and then some categories folders maybe with some more flashy icons that have have a circle iconoclasm layout within the folders.
    Possibly having the metal circle section of the wallpaper moving horizontally while the diagonalls aremoving diagonally with maybe some more lighting and depth to them if possible would be pretty cool.
    Naw I doubt any of these are that good of ideas. Sorry once I get some sleep i might be able to come up with some better ones. But just tell me what you were thinking of how you would like a setup or how it should look so i have a better idea.

What a sec... you said asthetic... i told you basically flashy bold.... hmmm... Sorry i swear ill come up with some better ideas tomarrow.
    I almost think the chrome and the lines take away from the anesthics. I think you can keep the chrome if you make it more like smooth and clean with maybe a more vibrant smooth red half circle that has depth that sticks out almost like a big red button but more flat with like a smooth (shiny) chrome outline (shell) around it and like silver hexagonal chrome kinda like you have in the middle on the sides but shinier with some sort of red accents or red backgrounds.
    Sorry if this is too hard too like understand or to do but ill try to like draw it out or something as im not too good at making things in PS from scratch

new idea- you know that like james bond thing- (and the camera thing for iphone)- maybe make it like a red and black half one of those with the chrome around it (but maybe like bulging outward). Honestly these a bunch of ridiculous crazy ideas just coming to my head and I dont any will work. Sorry. I just want to make sure its definitely unique and not just another chrome theme. But you should definitely make it more streamlined, clean, and bold (like Zs nine theme) if you want it to turn out great.

i think a neat thing you can experiment in PS for texture is filter -> distort -> glass
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-09 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ur a great helper snow I love what u do for this website :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-09)

Thanks

Those are some great ideas. And right now I have at least 10 different wallpapers with this sort of thing going... It's super annoying because any icon that goes on there doesn't match. They are just too brightbandbthey stand out way too much...

I would love to see something like that.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-09 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah. maybe you can send those wallpapers my way and ill tell you what I think

Edit: Holy sh*t! I just had an apithany. I just thought of the most uber insane awesome idea that would make the best and most unique theme possible EVER if we can pull it off. Its so insane that it would take like hours for me to explain and woulf seem like the most impossible thing you could ever imagine.
    But I know exactly how we can go about accomplishing it but I must go and create something first so you dont think im crazy. It would also go perfect with the name of the theme the colors and every aspect of it while being completely unique and completely rediculously awesome. If i fail at trying to make something in PS to express it I will do it by hand. If we can get this as even being possible..... itd just be insane.
    It might take me days to make up this concept but I will make it worth every minute. You just wait viiolent but if you REALLY want me to try to take the time and explain I guess I could. Just not now. And not in this thread-gotta make it a surprise

just a heads up thou its prob gonna take a while to set up
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-10 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

LOL Dude dont know what it is but take your time with it
    And I actually just spent the last like 3 hours making something and once i show it off im sure people will be like omg LOL!
    If I could take it and make something with the style of it into this theme it would be epic@@@@@@@
    Yes meant to be @ symbols^^
    Snow is there any chance that want you want to do is going to be able to made as a more carbon look? Maybe not as much red in it?
    Im thinking about just switching over to a carbon look because what I made is very metallic and carbon looking
    If your idea is like crazy and only works with red ill stick with red tho.

nope I was definitely going for a metallic and carbon look. I might mix a little red in or I might not. (;

Thanks

here is my idea for a Icon for this new carbon look!
    If you can dont out in the red!
    I personally think this looks beautful. oh and the reason its 360x360 is because I always work at about 6x higher resolution then size it down for the final so that any mistakes aren't visible.
    IF I EVER SEE THIS ICON BEING USED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOUR SOUL. This took nearly 4 hours to get just right and so F*** with me on this guys.
    Template for Q9 Icons.psd

^can you please post a pic. its 1:15 am where i am and i dont feel like getting up and turning on my computer to view the psd

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    here is my idea for a Icon for this new carbon look!
    If you can dont out in the red!
    I personally think this looks beautful. oh and the reason its 360x360 is because I always work at about 6x higher resolution then size it down for the final so that any mistakes aren't visible.
    IF I EVER SEE THIS ICON BEING USED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOUR SOUL. This took nearly 4 hours to get just right and so F*** with me on this guys.
    Template for Q9 Icons.psd
    have you tested these out on your phone? The stock canvas for an icon is 59x60 px and those icon frames look pretty big. I don't mean the fact that you work your graphics at a larger size then scale them down, but I mean the icon frame you made is very large - i wonder if you'll be able to see much of the icon graphic through the small window of your frame?

nice icon frame!!!! I would like to see in a screenshot though! If it does not work out for an icon or you get a better idea this would be sick for a music top overlay skin!

Nice work bro, but you aint won nothin yet.... lol.....the comp is ON

Thanks

Hmm yes I tested them. They look have pretty good visibility. I am going to make them a bit bigger though because right now they are still just a little bit too big
    Hopefully I can still keep the feel of having the center part of the icon in a tray?
    But yeah just like you said I always work many times higher resolution than needed just so that when scaled down any imperfections arent visible and its easier to make it to start with

Thanks

Default Q9 Icon Temp
    Here is a changed Icon Template...
    Its in PNG format for Snow
    I just made the slot for the icon bigger so that it actually works for visibility.
    Now I have to get my autocreate working... SIGH
    Those things are buggers to get working!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -q9-icon-template.png  

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast