Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Concept] Transformation

awesome any chance you can post some screenies. If you want to keep it a secret you can just email them to me.

I REALLY got to start working on mine again. Too many distractions. I even got the chance to run the 6 miles I promised myself i would run every day of the summer for the 2nd time and didnt work on my part.

maybe to add to the 3d rotation look of my mod I can add another sphere to the center with some sort of symbol or logo on it and the center sphere actually rotates around when you use the springjumps

If I add some chrome (and maybe color) to this itd be a perfect font on the pages with the categories icons:

Should I make like a different track for each type of apps or the same? Should I give the tracks different colors along with the titles for each different type of app?

To make mine actually look more 3D and realistic should I make the outer most orbs off of the screen and the one in the back physically behind the first so its more like 3D rotation rather than 2D rotation.

I still think there should be some sort of color accents to distinguish the different types of apps on the orbs better. Maybe just the text or maybe the horizontal band or maybe small slivers of color or even like beachball-like full color stripes. Not full color and different colored glass would be to hard to see whats inside.

ill work on that after I finish the sbsettings which ill do if I get a chance tomarrow. Then ill work on the pages with the categories folders.

Please send me some screenies and PSDs of your latest Viiolent thanks.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-22 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Everything you said there sounds good. Soon as I get my background lined up with everything else I'll send it. I do have a quick mockup of the lockscreen though. And I will give you some sneekies of my icons. Trying to get the damn auto create to work again. I have it right and I know it but It is only working on half of the app store apps. Think it's something with the extra effects I have on it :/

try running iwipe cache

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

auto create isn't effected by effects hah it's effected by if you are using the images correct if you are using an overlay then it wont apply on all the apps if that is your problem.

Thanks

Nah its just being a B....
    i fixed it now. im just fine tuning the Shelves and the Non shelved. The non shelved is pretty neat because it has a 3d sort of effect to the center two columns.
    Cant wait for everyone to see this because so far it is totally awesome

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-23)

This is kinda what I had in mind for my main page. Complete with widgets and the name. I have no idea what to do for the color aspect and I need to change the font and fix the pics in the orbs but heres the concept.

I have no idea how Im gonna get the widgets so Im gonna need some mega help there.

I have an idea on how to not need iconoclasm or iblanks and I want to know if it seems crazy enough to work. Ok if I create a semi transparent rectangle the size of the springboard and take a screenshot of the normal springboard and then align it so that the center of the rectangle is the center of the 1st icon on the page and then keep the positioning and put the big orb icon in its exact spot behind it then make the rectangle fully transparent and copy the whole transparent rectangle with the icon and not the rest of the document and paste it into another document then save that as ie. safari.png. Then I put the safari app as the first app on the page and turn on the theme with that icon..... will it turn into the orb icon in the exact positioning. (obviouslly I'll be using this for the springjump icons but just use something like safari as a test.). Even though it be a pain in the a** on my end to do that it could really be an awesome way to get around iconoclasm and iblanks to make the setup a "little" easier for the user

Oh and if I end up using the weather icons props to spil for the awesome icons but i'll make sure I get his permission and some help to get the widget set up

The earth is a 3D image and I will make it rotate 90 degrees on each rotation.

Now to get working on finishing that sbsettings before viiolent releases his stuff lol

Some props also needed for the creator of this shiny realistic 3D earth tut which I obviously changed a lot and used in a completely uniqur manner:
    Create a Shiny Earth with Photoshop 3D Layers | Psdtuts+

i can maybe go with a live weather icon instead of a full weather widget to make it easier

maybe i can make a version without the widgets where those 4 icons could be quick access apps
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-23 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey there is a seperate preview thread just for the plug n play of this theme.
    Its called Absolute. Once im done with ui ill send it too you for sure

^Didnt realize that thanks.
    What do you think of the changes I made to my SB madness

Thanks

I like it, keep with the rotating circle orbs and the rotating earth. looks super cool
    I already can tell how to set it up simply. A couple springjumps and categoiessb and you are set
    kinda coverflowish

yeah but I still gotta figure out a way around iconoclasm/iblanks if possible and I need help with the widgets

Thanks

try to finish up those SBSettings soon so that we can show them off on the Absolute thead
    It already has quite a lot of views on it so you can get more people seeing it.
    This thread is cluttered with so many images that it is scary

K ill get on it. Mind posting a link to the other thread Im too lazy to search for it

Thanks

hmm. you know widgets only work on the page 0 right??
    and per page wallpapers dont work on os4 so dont worry about os4 compatibility for now. Im thinking for the clock widget i can maybe do it but weather is more iffy. it really is amazing how in like 2 months ive learned how to do themeing

like my new sig?

dang really? widgets only on page 0... That might be inconvient

Ohh... I'll just make it a liveweather and liveclock instead of actual widgets... Thatll work right?

wow...photoshop just crashed. GREAT
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-23 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah liveclock and liveweather works great. and lol i love that. You should make something like that for your lockscreen

ATTENTION ALL MODDERATORS: Viiolent.hd has been unfairly IP banned for absolutely no reason. PLEASE SEE TO IT THAT THIS MISTAKE IS FIXED IMMEDIATLY. If there is any reason in the world why he would be banned please post it here and provide reasonable explaination as to why this would happen. I have been a member here for A very long time and am very disappointed that such a thing would unfairly happen to such a great member who was just trying to help out and make an awesome theme.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456