Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Concept] Transformation

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

i love that sbsettings look!
    Sorry for being gone from the forums last two days or so
    Ive been working and so YEAH

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-15)

Damn!! Im so pissed off right now. I had like 25 gigs left on my imac and a whole bunch of extra applications that i didnt use so I began uninstalling them with cleanmymac. Then I reboot after deleting them and like no images show up on my mac. The app icons show up but no folders or folder icons show up then all the image files wanted to open in like adobe fireworks and I couldnt get them to open up with preview. The videos wouldnt open up with quicktime either. So I opened onyx and rebuilt the folder structure or something and something else that someone with a similar problem said it fixed it for.

Anyways I had a backup with everything on my external hard drive that had evereything on it with time machine and decided to restore from a backup. So i inserted the install disc to start doing it and after 5 attempts so far at restoring from the backup it failed and the most recent came up with this crazy long error log.

Im extremely pissed off because I had years of files on that and so many applications and PSDs and like EVERYtHiNG on my computer and I thought time machine was supposed to work perfectly... lies.

If I cant this to work I will be extremely pissed off and wont be able to work on my theme or any mods for a while... ):

Really sorry about this viiolent but ill keep trying to get it working and I really really hope itll work out. I cant even send you my psds now or anything. just gotta wait and hope... *sigh*

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

If you backed up your whole computer and don't mind missing files since the back up then my suggestion is reinstalling Mac OSX and from there restoring from a backup I recently had a problem with my computer and I had to reinstall Mac osx but I couldn't even restore from s backup hah because the back up had the same glitch

but thats basically what I had to do to restore. I had to insert the install disc and hit restore from backup. Unless you mean just like install with nothing on it and then go back and try again

could it be because my computer goes to sleep mode after 15 minutes?

I think i figured out a solution- When I did the restore from backup it still erased everything on the hard drive so I did a normal install and it got to like the first time install screen with the option to get data from a time machine backup and it seems to be working. Only thing though is that it says ill only have 7.5 gigs left instead of the 35 gigs left I had before

Success!! Ok im back in business guys. Time machine worked perfect doing it that way and restored all of my apps files and prefrences exactly how I had them
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-19 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I love my Mac. I don't use tm tho, I have an external hdd, 1tb and back up pertinent files to it. When I perform my yearly cleaning I completely re write the hdd and reinstall my apps and files.

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,298 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post
    I love my Mac. I don't use tm tho, I have an external hdd, 1tb and back up pertinent files to it. When I perform my yearly cleaning I completely re write the hdd and reinstall my apps and files.
    Hows your new Themes coming along..aint seen you around for a while?!?

I have a cool new idea for how I can make the category folder orbs unique. The whole orb sphere thing just randomly gave me the idea of those awesome little like pinball maze things where like the little metal ball like zig zags back and forth and drops down and stuff. Its usually on like a colored wire track... anyone know what Im talking about.

This was the closest picture I could find to what Im talking about:

I was thinking like just having like the metal wires under the icons and maybe even on like an angle and stuff with it dropping off. Maybe the categories folder background itself could be like a wooden background with like holes and walls (that would acts as a dock under the icons of sort) so it would look like one of those labryinths that look like this:

You know what would be the coolest thing ever.... if the category folder icons could actually be moving and rolling down the track... lol as awesome as thatd be though it would be quite impossible as you cant have moving icons... however maybe I can have like the main track thats simple with maybe a drop or 2 with the categories icons static but then theres a second track that winds around it in skew and cuts through but actually has moving orbs that match the ones in the theme. Viiolent maybe you could help and put those movie skills of yours to good use and make a lightweight mp4 file that you wanted to do for the other theme.

Of course this is going to be extremely complicates much more so than the already rediculous stuff I planned so far even making the images and stuff itself so Im gonna need a lot of help and a lot of luck lol.

But now the springjumped pages are gonna be more complex and involved than the main normal page. I guess that just gives me room to add widgets and other madness to the main part.

Thanks

LMAO^^ Snow thats a great idea but you cant honestly expect people to set something up like that???? They might kill themselves before then!
    Neat idea but some people cant even SSH yet.

Oh and I went to Verizon yesterday and I saw a phone called the insomnia. It had the cube idea you were suggesting! Did you get the idea from that? Because using springjumps was way better than their idea because theirs stunk super bad

Oh yah forgot to say but im going to be starting a newer thread soon because as of today I have finished the media player popups notes and the keypads. i really want to do an HTML lockbackground but unless i learn how to do it im going to have to take extra time out of my day to learn HTML or ask for help >:-\
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-19 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^Well for people that want to take the time to setup my madness they can use your version. But I will try to think of ways to make it easier to setup. I was thinking maybe if it could be possible to set it up without iconoclasm or iblanks by making it so you just put the icons like in normal setup in like a row but the icon pngs are like the full size of the springboard with the icon where it should be positioned with transparent background. Not sure how this would work out though but its an idea.

Really theres a phone out there with the cube concept. I honestly had no idea. Its funny though because I work at a verizon store and dont sell that phone because its windows mobile. Lol everything windows mobile sucks even those KINs with the new "amazing" windows mobile software and it completely failed within a month.

Oh and can you post some screenies Im really curious to see what youve done so far.

Is this what you were referring to? I guess it is the same basic concept but now I definitely cant do it because people will think I was inspired by windows mobile. (thatd be an insult)
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-19 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

LOL yeah that omnia II stunk when i tried it out! Ours would of been better by a lot. Ill post some screenies but actually im working on doing some HTML Background stuff Ive had on K's themes last week or so and I like the HTML lockbackgrounds so right now im making an overlay for it. its looking good so far and im learning some new HTML just by looking at his stuff.

ill post screenies soon since im getting the trial version setup along with getting a nice UI done. I scrapped my first complete UI (SIGH) and ended up going back to something different.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-19 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Id love to see some HTML stuff and cant wait to see what you can do. I love all of K. Nitsuas work

Ohh this was the cube concept you were referring to. This one looks a lot closer to my idea. Wow.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-19 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

reminds me of the thing i think it's in ubuntu and they were going to put it in windows vista but then didn't then they were going to in windows 7 but then I dont think they did but they had it in the beta or soemthing.

Thanks

Sounds cool. Hey just wondering which icon ovelay do you guys like more? This one or the one from before. I personally like this one more... its sleeker. uses same laye styles as before so your safe Snow.
    I would say that I can be ready for a Lite release by later today. UI is coming along nice just working out simple stuff. Decided not to do the compass and some stuff simply because I am WAYYYYY to busy for a fully done UI. Next theme I promise to deliver something that sexy and complete
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dang Im slackin. Lol might still be a while before Im done with my madness. Ive just been working so late (and on weekends) because we had to fire a guy for stealing and another quit with no notice

Thanks

i havent done work on this since yesterday LOL
    How does a moving mediaplyer overlay sound? im working on it right now and it currently is miles beyond other things.
    O course a deault theme will be out also which is just a normal overlay
    hey snow on the next theme we should make one that is more or less itunes. But like literally made EXACTLY like itunes. I mean imagine making a mediaplayer that was the itunes visualizer???

Oh and or the name o this theme... Im thinking something more along the name o Absolute. I love it because it really shows what this theme is about. Precision and nothing but it.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-21 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

already thinking of a new theme and you want me to help. Im flattered lol. I still have a lot to do with my end of the theme but ill consider the offer at another theme. I like how itunes looks and all but Im just not too sure because I really want my phone looking as unique and non-apple as it can get lol. I actually had this awesome idea for an onlive theme. Onlive is this cloud gaming system with the coolest interface ever. I even had a request thread a while back to find someone interested in working on it.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ive-theme.html
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-21 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks

I wanna do that theme sooooo bad now
    it would be a B to make but it would get theme o the week without a doubt

yeah the concept is a pretty intense iNav mod but it would be so awesome if we could get that to turn out right

Thanks

Haha yeah. Today I ended up redoing the icons and the springboard and they look WAY better now. Turns out my new icon is even better than I thought

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast