Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Concept] Transformation

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Thanks Santaf
    Still cant believe the GT Icons were the Video Scrubber!!
    That blows my mind since I always thought those Icons were amazing!

Yeah! BIG THANKS TO SANTAF!!!!! You and TC are the shiznit!!!! I am working hard to be known here at MMI and hope to continue working with you fellows. you have been outstanding and just made me feel welcome here! .............so seriously.........Thanks guys!

my springboard versions actually coming along very nicely and starting to get a lot closer to what I originally visioned for it. Viiolent I sent you an email with it so far tell me what you think.

thanks santaf.... maybe you can help me with my autocreates too if you get a chance. I'll pm you the psd
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-11 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

poor Santaf! Everyone is going to make him into an Autocreate whor!
    Just wondering what you all thought of this. I suggested it and Snow seems to like it so yeah
    Obviously this isnt even close to final i made it in like 10 minutes super fast so it isnt very well done or final.

^Oh wow.... lol I just made my own and emailed it too you. Yeah thats basically what I had in mind but I was going to do it based on the concept the emailed you about before *shh its still a secret lol*

But since you did post you version of the idea... this was mine

(and dont worry people this is just a small incomplete part of my springboard version)

Edit: added some colors.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-11 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I like the colorless version. Maybe those colors could be used for if we do any mods. Only thing I have against yours is the Arrows (I like the idea but they look kinda odd with that super chrome. Email me the psd for those and for that media icon and I'll try to mess with em. I wonder if making it a completely realistic metal would look better? They just look too busy with all of the other patterns in this theme

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

No problem guys and I don't know what you are talking about violent with the gt thing. But yeah free apple if you need anything just ask. Snow I'll do your auto creates soon during the big game

8. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-11)

thanks so much santaf.

You know what... screw the secret Im at a far enough point to just tell my concept. I have 3 versions that Ive been working on.
    This was my first idea which i thought was pretty cool but viiolent didnt like the cube idea:

I just posted the second one I started working on which viiolent suggested but I dont think it looks as good and the colors look gaudy on it. I might work on it more to get it too look better
    This is one I just made- all orbs

Now the concept that would be applied to all of them:
    -There will be 4 general categories of apps: media, games, productivity (or tools), and apps
    -As you can see there are arrows pointing left and right at the bottom-
    -these arrows will basically be springjumps:
    -for the cube the left arrow wont do anything but the right arrow will be a springjump to page 2 which will be the other side of the cube (orange and green colored sides) which will have the other 2 general categories of apps.
    -for the coverflow and the orbs the left arrow will take you to page 4 will which have the 4th general category in front of the circle/coverflow
    -in addtion for all 3 the sidse of cube/coverflow cards/orbs each of the 4 of those will be springjumps themselves which will take you to another page that has more specific categories for each type of app which I originally planned to use the orbs for.
    -I originally planned to have these orbs as categories folders that would have a themed category folder that would be on like a shelf and I would use those little orb icons as the autocreates for the app icons.
    However I may just combine the 1st/2nd idea with the 3rd one by having the orb categories folders arranged in a circle (no more springjumps though because cant make more than 8)

But Im gonna let the people here (and viiolent obviously) decide which idea I should use. I also just wanted to post my progress here and see what everyone here thought and what suggestions they had.

Of course these may all be cool ideas but making into reality as a theme is gonna be the toughest part. Quite obviously my springboard version is gonna use iconoclasm, springjump, and categories. Im definitely gonna need help making the iconoclasm layout and figuring out how to actual set this theme up on an iphone.

Of course Im still working on this and will be adding more and may get new ideas. Widgets may come about at some point and suggestions are appreciated from anyone.

I still cant wait to see what Viiolent has in store for the UI of this theme as well as his springboard version and any other things hes making.
    Viiolent once I finish this Id love to help out with some things like status bars, sbsettings, and anything else I think I might be able to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-07-12)

Thanks

no problem sending the icons images right now they will look a bit different then what you had but i think i like how these ones look more seems like there is more depth in the image part let me know if you like them like this i can try to figure out a way to make it less dark in the image or something but it might be difficult.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-11)

wow thanks so much santaf. Your right though they do look better like that. Any chance you can send me the modified PSD so I can make sure when i make the icons for stock/cydia apps that it will match the autocreate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    I already have working auto icons thanks to Santaf
    he got them working in like 10 minutes. Lol
    now I know how to do it too so happy face. And yeah TC this is the only theme I haven't done Hand Drawn stuff on.. LOL!!!
    The entire thing is accomplished through layer styles and patterns

And me and santaf figured out making resized icons look good still. You just have to scale down any shadows bevels and patterns/gradients to match the new size.
    Yeah, i'm so proud of Santaf - taught him everything I know

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-07-12)

Thanks

lmao TC hahaha dude what's up with spain not finishing their plays haha.

anyway here you go snowleo i'm glad you like the new ones
    Attached Files Attached Files

17. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    lmao TC hahaha dude what's up with spain not finishing their plays haha.
    i know - it's really pissing me off... at least the goalie has kept them from being down by 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by santaf;
    i'll take it off if you want after you grab it
    Im not at home to download it and i can use SDM but it doesnt matter because ill repost it it when Im finished anyways.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-12 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks

Snow definetly go with the Sphere Idea. I think we can use springjumps to mimic arrows and if we use Page by Page wallpapers well we can make it look like they are actually rotating as you go through the pages!

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    No problem guys and I don't know what you are talking about violent with the gt thing. But yeah free apple if you need anything just ask. Snow I'll do your auto creates soon during the big game
    When i posted that about the GT icons i thought i was on FreeApples thread
    Woops though
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-12 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

only problem though is if I go with the spheres then the pages with the specific categories what should I do for those?
    Also Im not sure how to make it look like your cycling through it other than just having the first one in front on page 1 then have it move behind with the 2nd in front on page 2

oh and is that font I used hard to read?

Page 1

Page 2

Do you like?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-12 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

teresaync (2010-07-12)

Thanks

i like it man but yeah i think it may be too had to read. but the spheres look sweet

do you know if the auto create actually worked?

K thanks Im trying to find the perfect font but whenever I find one that looks cool its too hard too read.
    Made a brushed metal statusbar for the hell of it:

But what do you guys think of the images inside the spheres? I hate the white around the lifestyle images but itll take forever to get rid of it.

santaf I never tried the autocreate but i will when I get a chance tomarrow.

That circlflow revised thread reminded me that like when I was thinking of this theme idea in the back of my mind I was like... wasnt there a theme a while back that had a concept like this with like circle coverflow so I want to thank deathbybunnies for putting that idea in the back of my mind so I would be able to implement my theme idea in an awesome manner

should I have the icons equally spaced so part of the side ones are off the screen or just keep it how it is?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-12 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

For the status bar make sure to use a pattern overlay from the artist surface pack in Photoshop. Don't remember itsexact name but when you put it on a surface like that it makes a pretty wicked looking brushed metal design.

Hey Snow thanks for that Statusbar i just put in my .theme folder and lets see how it looks!
    I have done all of the stock icons so far and quite a bit of my other Cydia Apps. We can expect for me to to release a lite/trial version for the MMi Repo soon. It wont include any UI and only 30-40 themed icons, but it will have a custom Lockscreen Springboard and of course the icons.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-12 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast