Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Concept] Transformation

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

What the Plug N Play version of this theme looks like so far

No bevel just shadows and patterns

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    My first theme was Alienware DarkStar inspired,with red,black and gray colors,with animated Wallpaper,but I never release the theme cus,well,it was my first one.
    Sounds cool! you should show MMi... Do you like the way that this looks now? Cuz i completely revamped the colors and set up
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-10 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow viiolent can you like read my mind or something??
    Your picture looks so much like stuff that I was imagining for my version. Of course mines a little bit more crazy but I NEED YOUR PSDS!!!

Nice work guys!

Hey SnowLeo I thought you wanted to see the "M-Phone" go on so I did and havnet heard from ya since....Its lookin sweet but would like some input! Swiong through and let me know......

Viiolent you cant have SnoLeo! LMAO ...He gives you to many good ideas and I need some! LOL ....Iam glad I met with you guys....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeApple For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-10)

is it possible to make an autocreate larger than 57x57?

Im starting to work on my idea but I just felt like playing around with your icon and made a unique chrome on it.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-10 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    is it possible to make an autocreate larger than 57x57?
    not for a plug and play theme - the appiconmask, shadow and overlay files in UIimages that make the icons auto-create are 59x60

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-10)

Okay... let's see how far this one go... I hope Snowleo will not be doing all the ideas and hardwork...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    how do you make a reflection in photoshop??
    Try duplicating the layer and use Perspective then Gradient...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xTianD For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-07-10)

just to give a tiny hint at what the icons in my version might look like (this will just be the autocreate icons not the springjump and category icons- oh wait did I say too much?)

But dont worry I'll have plenty more surprises as I continue to work on mine.
    *Please note this was created greatly with the help of this photoshop tut: Glassy Orbs in Photoshop Tutorial but as you can tell I signifigently changed it but I will get permission from the creator of that [like viiolent did for M-phone but everyone was blind to realize he said that like 20 times on that thread]. I will also specifically mention the name of the tut creator and give credit so theres no confusion.

Oh and dont worry xtiand I may be coming of with some awesome ideas and working on an intense springboard but Viiloents making a simple springboard version as well as the UI (hardest part) but we will be constantly helping each other out throughout the making of this theme and will take equal credit for the creation of this theme

viiolent do you want me to make all my images at iphone 4 size?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-10 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Heya do me a favor and LAY OFF. I am the one who has every single image on this thread except for the more chrome looking icon that Snow Posted...
    He is heading up another half of the theme that uses the same styles but is a different setup. So just leave it alone. Those threads were supposed to be gone

Hmm and as for making them iPhone 4 size I would have to recommend that you dont. No one knows what exactly will work on the i4 so lets just wait. If it comes out and is themeable ill port everything over.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-10 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^your repling to xtiand right? not me? by the way its 2 images from me now lol. But yeah that was really rude of him to say because your working really hard on this theme and make like 95% the images and the UI and im just making my cool springboard

o ok second half of post was for me- yeah okay ill stick with the normal sizes but make sure I save my original psds with the larger images for when the time comes.
    But could you please send me the docks (preferably psd either pm or send to [email protected])
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-10 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

OOPS!! I forgot to email you the PSD's and stuff lmao
    Hold on il email you some stuff.
    And if you want to make more stuff just use a mask and fill it in with black. Then just copy and paste those layer styles into your new shape and wala instant Carbon Look

Just got your email thanks.
    I sent you a pm with my current progress and my springboard idea. ill continue to work on it though and feel free to give me any suggestions and ill use your psds to make it look match yours more

Thanks

It looks like a really cool idea. i dont know hard it would be to implement it though. maybe if done just right this could be done and done well but if not done exactly right it could end up beng sloppy. Maybe we should just go for a normal Nav theme? IDK both ideas sound good so yeah.

yeah but thats why theres gonna be two springboard versions- my crazy nav idea and your simple one but both will have your UI (2 UIs would be crazy)

Thanks

Oh ok
    and yeah if I had to do 2 uis I would strangle myself lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

hey Violent, i was thinking - you ought to work less with the free-hand stuff and go crazy trying multiple layer effects, even making multiple copies of one image and applying seperate layer effects and placing them in order of transparency so you can reach even deeper levels of detail... Since you've been working on your images on a huge scale then resizing them down to a much smaller size, you're going to lose a lot of detail that way -- you can literally work with a very small canvas and create and maintain pretty good details if you work with multiple layers set at different opacities, lots of layer effects and even using masks....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-07-11), FreeApple (2010-07-11)

good suggestions TC I do the same as Viiolent cause thats how learned but you can teach an old dog some new tricks every now and then! I will have to try because I hate loosing detail and it happens all the time doing that! As you seen with my icon frame for Black0ut OS.... and I do not know how TC accomplished resizing my icon but if you plan to have auto icons I would think ahead of time!

Great job man cant wait to see the progress!

Thanks

I already have working auto icons thanks to Santaf
    he got them working in like 10 minutes. Lol
    now I know how to do it too so happy face. And yeah TC this is the only theme I haven't done Hand Drawn stuff on.. LOL!!!
    The entire thing is accomplished through layer styles and patterns

And me and santaf figured out making resized icons look good still. You just have to scale down any shadows bevels and patterns/gradients to match the new size.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-11 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

yay I help you free apple and tc with auto icons haha I like the icon man hope you guys get this figured out can't wait to see more of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast