Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Illuminated - Preview - Distraught

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    Its ok XTianD ..... he does have his own thread on this though Transformation....I wish an Admin would step in and settle this once and for all because I have nothing to hide!!! PSD anybody? I got em all day! look at the original tut from psd tuts on the highly detailed power button and now look at my screenshots....all I have used is the idea like Alien and his HTC themes such as Dusk! But just like Alien it is all original work and I can prove it!!!

Anybody doughting me call me out NOW or forever hold your peace ppl!
    Well I hope so... that kind of guy doesnt deserve here...eventhough I just registered just now I've been following the previous 2 threads. You and Nuckin are doing the theme and he's just the thread creator...

Keep up the good work man... Im beginning to see the beauty of this theme..

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    NEW THREAD FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

Name is still up for grabs lets hear your ideas!!!

I have taken over this theme and will continue its progress from here with the help of some other theme creators at MMI.

Here is my progress so far I will hard to continue with this but use this thread now and lets get to making a OUTSTANDING THEME AND REACH FOR THEME OF THE WEEK ONE DAY WITH THIS ONE!!!

There is a download link but that is only for a preview of what the rotation would look like and it is in flash because GIF SUCK and loose a lot of quality I am doing the rotation due to request and learning purposes I will convert the Flash to a MP4 later down the road when the theme is actually a theme as of right now it is still an idea that I am running with and counting on ideas from the community here at MMI!!!

LockScreen original shape changed because of people having a problem with it and thinking I can not make my own!

Media Player Skin

Home Screen, Clock, icons

The original work and ideas came from here How to Create a Highly Detailed Hi-Tech Power Button | Psdtuts+
    Big thanks to them for the tutorial! All original work will NOT reflect at the final product. The theme is subject to change.As you can see from the origina to this it has Changed! I have done all original artwork and am going to continue to do so.
    As you can all see this looks nothing like the tutorial at this point an so if you are flaming FreeApple then please stoo. He doesnt deserve bad publicity with this theme because he is doing a GREAT job. This theme is looking great. While not my style that much anymore (Too Many Widgets) i still think this is a GREAT thing. And at this point he will able to charge for it if he would like and if you are half smart you would not call him on it. He canged this a lot and made it better in a lot of ways

HERE IS A DIRECT POST FROM BATTLECRUSHR::::::::::::::::::::::
    (Are you sure you want me to delete this thread like you said?

Ill close it for now and if you really want me to delete it pm me again
    /closed

BTW people the flaming of Free-Apple and Violent-hd stops right now.

if it continues infractions will be given, this stops now)

Guys SERIOUSLY STOP IT. I made that reddish Background thats metal but i abandoned it because I didnt like the look.
    So stop flaming guys. I deleted a lot of images and so then most of you didnt know what you were talking about by flaming me...
    CHILL
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-10 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

fraud...u do not even know what ure talking about what are you 12? Fraud....are you serious..you should be deleted from MMI for harrasment!!! If you write anymore allagations at least know what ure talking about u dooshbag! Have you looked at the top themes such as Eight OS dusk, and Real HTC all of them are work that reflect other work so go stick your head in a hole because obviously thats were you have been......TheEmperor of asholes!

U Guys need to calm down...I remember violent posting the link to the psd tutorial before he even started with the theme. So give him a break, he's been Working hard on this and he has the permission to do so.

& also, you guys do realize 90% of the themes on here AREN'T made from scratch. They all are started from images found over the Internet. Trust me in that one (;

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-10)

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCHHH RAPTORS FOR JUMPING IN ON THIS ONE!!!! I tried to tell ppl that the link i s posted and the theme is not going to be the same as the original tut.....

Just like you said and I said it 100 x before 90% of themes....most of all the good ones started and get the ideas going from other images that get the wheels turning!

THANK YOU RAPTORS YOU ARE AWSOME!!!

Thanks

Even what I'm doing rght (transformation) was Inspired by a picture of some awesome carbon fiber text I saw on google images. But I took it and made it my own from scratch. No tuts were used, just a lot of trial and error. So If you want to call this a fraud then you might as well call EVERY photoshop artist Except for the VERY first one a fraud because in one way or another everyone copies something they see. I'm sure even k z bars blue alien all of them (there are more just naming some of my favs) have
    seen something and of course tried to implement it into their themes.

If you still dont believe US.....two theme creators an admin and me

look here
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ased-dusk.html

then go look here

Dusk Evolution 2.5 v4.0 [Dusk Graphics CAB for CHT v1.8.5 22.06.10} - xda-developers

and Iam stealing work....all i have is a shape not even anymore... LMAO.....enough said

like Waynes World ......Game ON

No problem man, it just really bothers me when these ignorant people post things like this. Everyone starts somewhere. And to make things from complete scratch you gotta Play around and build on what you know.

Bars first big theme (iElegance) the icons for that were the Windows Vista login screen minimized. Nothing wrong with that, it's being creative. His GT theme icon was believe it or not the Video Editing bar in the Camera app

But yea anyways, these guys deserve some credit, they're talents will keep growing & before you know it u guys will be building themes from full scratch

Thanks

Wow didn't know about the gt thing

Working on the UI's and their looking clean! updates later today! Will include pop up images with selection tabs, keypad and I might get to either the calculator or Safari , but she is coming right along....I put all my focus towards this and plan on releaseing a beta by the end of the month!

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

nicee
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deathbybunnies6 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

It's coming along very nice FreeApple. Good job!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

holy crap monkey what is wrong with people here hahah this whole thing is how this is fraut it's rediculous if a new themer comes and makes something nice but resembles something people get all up on them about how it's stollen it's not they worked hard on it they didn't take any images they have the psds to prove it that they made. hah

As raptors said almost every single theme was inspired by someone else's work it's okay as long as people are making the stuff everyone learns how to make some things on photoshop through tutorials

Good job on this freeapple this looks excellent. people need to calm down about this "fraud" stuff

and wow i didn't know aobut the GT thing either i jsut looked and that's right it is pretty similar though some changes made

17. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,298 Posts

Hey dude..great work but c'mon there's no need to argue amongst fellow MMI folk..lets all get on..life's way too short!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy7 View Post
    Hey dude..great work but c'mon there's no need to argue amongst fellow MMI folk..lets all get on..life's way too short!
    I would normally agree but he was calling him and me complete and utter frauds, also telling me to never theme again...
    It was very uncalled for especialy when the theme im doing right is completely made from scratch. There was an original IDEA but everything else is made by me or SnowLeo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

this is sick its cool how u transformed that theme into something awesome
    ]

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

holy sh*t I cant believe i just saw this thread lol. Dude like even though viiolent thought of using the psd as a concept- damn you got some talent! You really took that tutorial and successfully made a completely unique and DAMN sexy theme.

I wish I couldve helped you with this but Im working with Viiolent on Q9/Transformation here: http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...-new-post.html

I just love the widgets and everything man great job (:

viiolent man I know you orignally came up with the concept inspired by the tut but just let it go because were making an awesome theme thats completely original and as much as it might seem like hes taking your idea- what he just made shows that hes really got the talent to turn it into something unique.
    No offense at all but he was able to make it more unique from the original tut than you were. And theres nothing wrong with that but lets just try to make our theme even better lol
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-07-12 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This theme is shaping nicely.
    Lots of nice details, but there is one thing bugging me horribly...
    What's with those awful half white circles over the cover arts?

And don't tell me this is a "light effect" cause omg it's horrible.
    You should make it barely visible, not like the way it is.

Other than that, will this remain a classic iPhone arrangement theme or will you propose other layouts? (1Page, iNav, OS...)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MadBat For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-07-12)

LMAO thanks for the true honesty...kinda blunt but honest! LOL I will change the "glass look over the cover arts" I kinda like it but no biggy! And yes As I state in the begining description I am also going to make this a iNav, and page set up theme and some other more advanced themes with this as well. I am just getting the overall look down and the others will come after as well as migrating it to OS4 when it is nessicary!

I would love suggestions for the more advanced themes ! Thanks everybody
    Iam working hard on this one to stand my ground and show everybody what I can do!

SB PRO update.......will update fully later thanks for the custructive critisism I like it alot moer know myself...

Last edited by FreeApple; 2010-07-12 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xTianD View Post
    Well I hope so... that kind of guy doesnt deserve here...eventhough I just registered just now I've been following the previous 2 threads. You and Nuckin are doing the theme and he's just the thread creator...

Keep up the good work man... Im beginning to see the beauty of this theme..
    well of course he is doing it. I told him to do it....
    If not he wouldn't be doing it because you can't just take a theme idea without at least asking.

Lol

why don't you go look at the transformation thread? It is looking absolutely amazing and everyone says that it looks beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    holy sh*t I cant believe i just saw this thread lol. Dude like even though viiolent thought of using the psd as a concept- damn you got some talent! You really took that tutorial and successfully made a completely unique and DAMN sexy theme.

I wish I couldve helped you with this but Im working with Viiolent on Q9/Transformation here: http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...-new-post.html

I just love the widgets and everything man great job (:

viiolent man I know you orignally came up with the concept inspired by the tut but just let it go because were making an awesome theme thats completely original and as much as it might seem like hes taking your idea- what he just made shows that hes really got the talent to turn it into something unique.
    No offense at all but he was able to make it more unique from the original tut than you were. And theres nothing wrong with that but lets just try to make our theme even better lol
    I don't think he is taking my idea. Specially since I told him to
    I'm totally cool with him doing this because honestly he is doing it better than I was. I just wasn't feelin the creativity when I was making but freeapple is good at widgets so it really made this theme come out.
    Although when the plug n play version of this comes out he is gonna have to do some serious creativity with the background
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-07-12 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast