Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Coming Soon. Maginot

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    I dont have it anymore. Later if im feeling less sick ill go and redo all of the stuff. becuz right now all I have left is the PSD for creating the Current state of it (SB HighGlow) And what do you mean different in CS5? Thats what I am using right now? The first 30 or so steps are in Illustrator THEN the rest is in Ps. The reason I dont have the tut PSD anymore is because when I was saving it with everything simplified down I accidentally clicked on the original PSD. Which of course Auto replaces it... Not even into trash. In the next Windows they need to change it so it goes into the trash or just auto rename! BTW i like that keyboard mod you have in your sig... You just selected areas with sq marquee then filled with red or Whatever. Then reduced Fill to 20 or so percent. Last you added a white stroke right?

Hm kind of like this? Except yours is darker. I just made this in Photoshop super quick.
    Ohhh that makes sense. I was trying to do the first steps in CS5 didnt realize I need to use illustrator. I only got PS CS5 but I think I might have illustrator CS4

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

^^ LOL Yeah, my wife has had illustrator for a while but I never bothered to learn it. Decided yesterday i should learn LOL. Its not too hard (After Effects is 12x as hard) but it is kinda confusing. Biggest stretch is how all of Interface works.

Here is an image taken from the phone. im liking this triangle thing... But To be a Functional theme i will of course Need to fill in the blank spots with icons. These are just the only Icons I have so far LOL. Im tired so im gonna go and relax and tomorrow I ll do more icons and try to finish other stuff. The clock is almost done. Just finishing up making it work with all of the images
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-28 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (2010-06-28)

Hey bro keep up the good work, didn't mean any offense by posting the tut link just wanted to make sure you had permission to use, sorry if there was a misunderstanding keep up good work
    Can't wait for ? ? ? ?

Thanks

^^ there was a link to the tut on the first page of comments. I didn't mind it being there... Just that everyone went nuts and said that I wasn't changing anything. When it was literally just to be something as a baseline. I mean the way it looks now is almost completely different.

Great concept Got me looking foward to its progress! Keep going with the clock !

Thanks

hi all. Just Finished Making an Icon for Everything on my iPhone! Please put down all cydia/rock apps on yours guys phones!
    It took about 20 minutes to make this set of icons! However the PSD I used to make it took almost an hour to get just right! So guys I am going to be VERY unhappy if I see these Icons on other forums or used in other themes without my Express Permission! These did take a while to make and I plan on making a lot more depending on if you guys post stuff!.

Oh and here is an early springboard! There is a bunch of empty space here on this early picture but this was before i did all of these icons ^^. There will be much less space there once Im done. Not to mention that I will be putting a springjump dock down there!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm sure that everyone here will look out for you, but sad to say that this type of icon is already themed ;(. I believe 9 is the theme check it out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he asked Z for permission but I'm not sure^^^
    ]

I wasn't gettin on him about anything, but before saying don't steal my stuff make sure it's original.

Thanks

I did ask him.. He said that it was fine... Its not that close to Nine but it is a similar look .

i just made an Iconoclasm layout since grid layouts werent working . Z said this was fine and he knows fully what the icons look like.

If anyone likes this then put down your name as a beta tester and when its in that phase ill email you a DL... No donating need

Here is an image of Z's Blue Mod... It isnt that similar but the reason I originally made this theme free was because the Icons looked Similar... Then once that happened I decided it was fine to use stuff that wasnt completely original... In all honestly this should be a paid theme for .99c. Go look on Rock at all of the "Paid" themes... There are more than a few that are only 1 mb or so and are having 2.99 charged on them. No disrespect but that is WAY too much for something that really doesnt have very much.

^^ Thats Z's

What do you mean Original? I hadnt even seen Z's theme till after i showed this to my good friend and he said it looked like Z's icons. So i went and looked it up and true to his word they were. they were made independently and without any sort of PSD from him. Im VERY new to the JB community (June 15th...) and hadn't ever seen it. Not trying to be snappy but it IS original. Just similar to something else.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-28 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im kinda disappointed theres no widget but i like the layout and the theme seems to be coming along very nicely

maybe you could also make a layout with like 4 or so categories folders that will have different types of apps.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-06-28 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh the widgets coming... Muhahaha! Wow that was lame! Thanks and yes the widget is coming I'm just trying to get the perfect font and colors and of course finishing the .js. Does this look like something you would pay for?? Like a dollar? Obviously it's going to be free but I'm just asking . Although if I change the bg enough I can ask for money . Did you ever figure out that tut btw?? Lol

Did you read my mind Leo?? WtH? Was thinking about doing that for a 1 page
    setup (CategoriesSB)... It would be pretty awesome to do... Sadly only Iconoclasm users will be getting this theme until I find a GOOD way to make the setup...
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-28 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Widget should be cool. Theme looks pretty cool, dock looks nice
    ]

Keeps getting better!! Goodjob! (:

Thanks

Ty shady and raptors. Eminem^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    Ty shady and raptors. Eminem^^
    Yea He is the man
    ]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King Shady For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-06-29)

Thanks

Yea +^
    Umm having trouble with the Auto Create Images. They work on some of the icons but on others they just trim the size... Cant figure out why they are though... On my other themes they worked fine. ran iwipecache NO CHANGE...

Maybe one of you can have a go...

Oh and here is an iPhone 4 Made in Ps and Illustrator... So its easy for you guys to use it. Just replace my screenshot with yours and you are SET!

Im liking this theme a lot! Make sure to PM me if you want to be a beta tester for it... Just tell me your iphone model and Firmware so its easier for me to track whats happening
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think itd be pretty awesome if like this theme was made entirely with bosspapers so that the blue parts of the icons would actually be cutout as well as the light and M in the middle then the wallpapers for the bosspaper would be all different color mods of these things so it would produce an awesome effect. (dock can be made semitransparent with different colors behind it in the bosspapers)

Then there should 3 main categories folders on the first page to keep the original disign with 3 icons that could be like media, productivity, and apps (which would be springjumps to pages 2, 3, and 4)

Then page 2 (media) could be broken down 3 more times into music, games, and entertainment (which will be categories folders)
    Page 3 (productivity) could be broken down 3 times into business, organization (ie. notes calendars), and utilities (which will be categories folders)
    Page 4 (apps) could be separated into travel, lifestyle, and apple (which will be categories folders)

Since it is broken into 3 each time you can have the bosspapers running on all of the pages and this would look really awesome. Maybe if you could use some HTML5 to get the center thing spinning and some animated weather- naw thats just crazy.

Anyways this is just a suggestion and maybe you can use this to make a separate pro version or nav version but I hope these suggestions can help you to make this theme more unique and awesome. (maybe even this version could include the widget and cost some cash money (;

Thanks

OMG SICK IDEAS! Already thought about using some high quality .gif's to make the Center part spin.. In all honesty i dont even know what bosspapers is... After all im only 3 1/2 weeks into the JB commmunity. can you explain plz?
    All ive gotta say is that i expect to see a theme from you soon! Or at the very least Ill make the images and you design all of that fancy stuff up there ^^. That stuff all sounds crazy but i dont know coding or stuff like that... Im an engineer... Damn near genius with math and advanced 3D modeling. But otherwise... OOFFF OVER MY HEAD
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-29 at 03:46 AM.

bosspaper is an app that allows you to rotate wallpapers without draining much battery and at set time intervals. You can enable bosspaper underneath winterboard so you can just have like cutouts in the main wallpaper then just have those images in different colors as the rotating wallpapers so it looks like the theme is changing colros

but maybe if you planned to just use gifs you could just make the whole wallpaper a gif and make it change colors while it spins within the gif

oh and i actually have some experience with gifs so if you plan to make high quality gifs take note you can only have up to 256 colors in a gif but if you save it in photoshop with dither set at 100% there is minimal quality loss
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-06-29 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-06-29)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast