Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Coming Soon. Maginot

I believe 500 bx 500 then once in the phone they are 60 by 60.

Spirit hopefully, I used it on 3.1.3 and worked great.

Viiloent, I can help you tho with some graphics if needed, lmk.
    Last edited by NuckinFutz; 2010-06-27 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NuckinFutz For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (2010-06-27)

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

WOW 505 b 500?? Thats bigger than the Previous phones SCREEN Sizes? Then it auto resizes down to 60 x 60?... Oh wait tho it has a 326 PPI so yeah that should be about right... Hmm well once I get an iPhone or it gets JB ill port this theme over... Good thing Everything I make starts at 1280 x 1280... then gets resized down.. It takes longer but that way everything looks perfect.

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,298 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post
    I'm patiently waiting on the fix for my new phone so that I can make my new theme.
    Hmmmm...new Theme eh!! This i gotta see
    It's gonna be good..i know it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^ lol

Stick with the Dark graphics and the blue. Get rid of the font.
    Graphical Fonts used are almost 98% tacky looking.
    I am not trying to be mean but constructive criticism...

Try to go with a clean Arial, Vrinda, or Century Gothic font.

Also later on in your theme'ing, try not to over use that blue!
    It always happens to me and I end up redoing half my theme.
    Keep it settle with only a few highlights using the blue.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JayQuint87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow! Jay that actually is really great advice! Specially since I personally love your themes. I had iScience on my phone as my very first theme.

Good post ^^ , it's very easy to get carried away. I'm more into the clean themes without too much clutter and easy access to the basic most used buttons, I don't like having to click on three different things to get to mms or safari and such.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

^^^yea,i always use Arial for my themes,and let the people change that to whatever they want.

I LOVE the glowing blue. Good stuff. You should definitely work around that.

Thanks

I like how this thread all of a sudden has 3x more posts in it . Im very thankful of all of the replies and comments! the advice that all of my elders are giving about this! i will be changing the fonts though. And yea i was planning on just using the blue as more of a highlight than anything else. the black/silver is gonna be the main part of the theme.

Heres a 320x480 version.. Its not perfect yet but so far it looks decent. It has Arial for the clock font...
    For this theme im planning in using springjumps and on the first page the most basic buttons... Phone, SMS, Mail, Safari, Ipod

Here is an image taken DIRECTLY from the phone... I havent put in the Phone SMS and mail icons yet so it is still the blank Icon template... Although I have almost finished the UI now... Its up to a total of 400 images in the UIImages folder.. Still workin on improving the clock... Im writing the .JS file for the clock right now actually. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of today. Then I can start to change stuff. LIKE getting rid of that annoying little search png at the bottom and start making the Springjump Icons along with the rest of the icons!

Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-27 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    I like how this thread all of a sudden has 3x more posts in it . Im very thankful of all of the replies and comments! the advice that all of my elders are giving about this! i will be changing the fonts though. And yea i was planning on just using the blue as more of a highlight than anything else. the black/silver is gonna be the main part of the theme.

Heres a 320x480 version.. Its not perfect yet but so far it looks decent. It has Arial for the clock font...
    For this theme im planning in using springjumps and on the first page the most basic buttons... Phone, SMS, Mail, Safari, Ipod

Here is an image taken DIRECTLY from the phone... I havent put in the Phone SMS and mail icons yet so it is still the blank Icon template... Although I have almost finished the UI now... Its up to a total of 400 images in the UIImages folder.. Still workin on improving the clock... Im writing the .JS file for the clock right now actually. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of today. Then I can start to change stuff. LIKE getting rid of that annoying little search png at the bottom and start making the Springjump Icons along with the rest of the icons!

Dont distort your images!!!

You can tell that it is stretched out now.
    Try to keep the original size, but cut off the edges.

Be careful using the Scale tool in photoshop you can easily loose quality on your photo's when you use it.
    Remember you can always scale down, and never scale up.

Edit*
    And if you are going to use a tutorial..change it up a bit man...
    Tutorials are meant to teach you how to do something.
    Use what you learned from the tutorial and make up your own design!
    Last edited by JayQuint87; 2010-06-27 at 09:54 PM.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

You could use the canvas image(or something like that) feature in photoshop

17. The Following User Says Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

woah violent reagen has a point. If you used a photoshop tutorial posted by someone you should definitely give that person some credit and make sure theyre okay with you using it for a theme

JayQuint also has a point it would look a lot better cropped than stretched

maybe you can shrink the background but keep the main part the same
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-06-27 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's true guys but this is a freeeeeee theme. I'm not intending it to be paid or anything whatsoever... I did ask. And i this isn't the final design. This is after one day if work so it's more or less a concept still. The final is going to be different and the reason I didn't bother to resize correctly, is the same as above. It's not final.

Hmm I am going to change this but before I do i want to know if you wold rather have an effect like this or like the normal way... NOTE: Not the final... In no way is this FINAL!! Its CONCEPT
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-27 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just a quick question for ya, did you follow the tut or just copy and paste the image?

And the filter is not so good.
    Last edited by NuckinFutz; 2010-06-27 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i like how you made the numbers stand out more but not so sure bout that filter

Thanks

Or this...

Lots of Burn and Dodge... Some Super White as an under layer on the M...

Im not sure if I should stick with a clock because I honestly feel like this theme would benefit (In terms of Simplicity) if it is just a Icon/UI theme.. Instead o fusing widgets. This thing for the springboards is so Eye catching that it isnt good for a widget. Although if someone wants to mod this to make it into a clock widget here is the PSD for it... With simplified layers of course... (My laptop is kinda slow so I have to collapse all of the layers in, just a lot of layer effects )

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post
    Just a quick question for ya, did you follow the tut or just copy and paste the image?

And the filter is not so good.
    I did the tut. It wasnt THAT hard to follow. I started off doing it as a way to learn illustrator (I was looking for good Illustrator tuts on google) and this one showed up somewhere. After finishing I decided to keep it for a theme and change it as i go. So far I like what Ive gotten out of it.

Rights to the original design go to Kaiser Sosa.
    Modifications rights- Anthony Giola (Me)
    I have permission from Sosa to use this as long as the end product (Which is free) does not look exactly the same as his tutorial material...

Before everybody blew up about this they should have looked and saw that it says That none of it is Final.

Whoever suggested the Canvas Size idea is correct. It More or Less Crops the picture directly to the size you specify
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-27 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey violent any chance I can get your psd with all the original layers instead of them all combined in the background? I tried following the tutorial but its like completely different in CS5 and I cant figure out how to do any of it

Thanks

I dont have it anymore. Later if im feeling less sick ill go and redo all of the stuff. becuz right now all I have left is the PSD for creating the Current state of it (SB HighGlow) And what do you mean different in CS5? Thats what I am using right now? The first 30 or so steps are in Illustrator THEN the rest is in Ps. The reason I dont have the tut PSD anymore is because when I was saving it with everything simplified down I accidentally clicked on the original PSD. Which of course Auto replaces it... Not even into trash. In the next Windows they need to change it so it goes into the trash or just auto rename! BTW i like that keyboard mod you have in your sig... You just selected areas with sq marquee then filled with red or Whatever. Then reduced Fill to 20 or so percent. Last you added a white stroke right?

Hm kind of like this? Except yours is darker. I just made this in Photoshop super quick.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-28 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast