Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Public Beta] Finality OS

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Smile [Coming Soon] Finality OS
    Hey everyone, Im getting very close to being completely done with the Finality OS Theme ive been working on this week! i just wanted to put out a beta so that I can catch anything that needs to be fixed.
    Here are some screenshots of the theme NOTE: The theme is customizable easily but that will be more explored in future updates once it is on Cydia. Also expect a couple of the icons to be changed. These are not by any matter the final pics for each icon. While the overall design will the stay the same some of them may change. If you find something similar dont blame me... Ive only been jailbroken for three or so weeks so i dont really know much... These icons are MADE BY ME. no one else contributed to them... Well except for apple by making some stock icons lol.

UPDATED 2.0:
    New Lockscreen/Loading Screen
    New UIImages
    Fixed Glitches with some icons not appearing correctly with the the autocreate. (Some kind of masking layer. I updated the PSD to match the new Autocreate. it looks the same but works different)
    This theme is getting better and better thanks to your guys feedback! Keep on Helping me to improve my VERY first theme!

DOWNLOAD--->Finality OS BETA.zip This the second beta update. It has a brand new lockscreen and loading screen along with some glitch fixes.

Installation Requirements:
    SpringJumps
    FiveIRows
    Five Icon Dock
    Five Column SpringBoard (If you want 9 Icons on the main part of the page instead of 6, It looks better with 9 bu to each his own.)
    iBlank
    BlankNull
    Ability to either SSH of use iFile

Optional:
    Categories/CategoriesSB

Setup Instructions:
    To install Finality OS install all of those things from either Cydia or Rock. First off disable all of your themes in winterboard (It just makes it a little bit easier), Next make 36 iBlanks. On the first page Along the top row put Phone, Messages, Mail, Safari, and Ipod. The next row down put 1 blank then 3 apps of your choice then another blank. Do the same for the next two rows of that page. Now go into your springjumps app and enable Pages 0-4. Make sure that there names are actually Page 0, Page 1, ETC... Put those 4 springjumps in ORDER along your five icon dock. These are your springjumps for the theme.
    Now for the next page follow the same instructions as the home page but put only your non game apps.
    Next page put your gaming apps.
    Next page put down your utilities
    Next is Favorites. There is one extra page called Extras but it is only for if you dont have Categories and in this beta release it isnt included.

PLEASE: Put in requests for icons here and if you know how to use photoshop a little bit just use the PSD file in the Finality OS.theme folder. Dont worry about apps from the Apple App Store (they autocreate).

So there you have it, Finality OS, a simplistic theme with beatiful looking icons and a simple setup/look. i personally love how it has turned out so far. More and more UIImages will be skinned as I go, as of this point the majority of the Arrows and stuff like that is skinned along with lockbackground and other such things. (I will change the lockbackground simply because I dont like how it looks with just plain white text. If anyone has good suggestions utilizing the Metalllic background I already have please tell me! As you use it make comments here about what is wrong with it. Im already aware of the Mediaplayer Overlay being too high up. Dont mention it ive already fixed im just too lazy to reupload etc.

I am completely done now and it ready for cydia/rock. i posted the Promo thingy for it so look at the way that the icons look and you can see the SEXY font I used for the theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-3gs-finality-os.png  
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-26 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Updated pictures

Those springboard icons look familiar, from an older theme. Are those your originals?
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Those springboard icons look familiar, from an older theme. Are those your originals?
    Yes they are mine. They are kinda general looking icons, not exactly surprising that they wouldnt look original. The PSD for the icons is in the file download so you can check out what it looks like. It was REALLY simple to make and looked good so i used it.

What theme would they be from? Ive only been around the jailbreak community for the last couple of weeks so im not sure. the oldest themes i know of are LePhone from ALIEN1974... LOL
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-25 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No sweat HD, if you made them, good for you. Looks nice. There's two older themes but I cannot remember the names, no sweat really if you made them. Keep it going.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Oh. Ok then. I'll endeavor to try and find these themes! Maybe I'll remake them and put my personal touch on them?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

nice job HD

Thanks

Thanks centex!

I updated the beta. More UIImeages are now included and the lockscreen and loading screen have a sexy new PNG Image.

Even more stuff changed. Added the newer icons. Up to 98 icons so far!. The Glitches with autocreate are fixed... mediaplayer is my next thing to be fixed right after i update the springboard pages with the new font. Called FulmutoonHMK
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-06-25 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost