Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    Hey all, i've given up on scouring the internet to find out how to do this, so I've come here because all of you sound quite educated on this stuff!

I've made 2 PNG (Black and White) images to use as a custom "carrier logo", (quotations because I'm on a 3G Touch, not an iPhone) but CANNOT figure out where to put these files using WinSCP and OpenSSH on the Touch...Is it even possible yet on iOS4, or have I been looking for no reason!? I thought I've seen some things saying it was possible on 3G iDevices running iOS4, but I'm not positive. 3G iPod Touch running iOS 4.0, NOT iPhone!

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm just sick and tired of searching for an answer!
    name FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png - Black_CARRIER_IPOD.png and Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png - Silver_CARRIER_IPOD.png and put them in the UIImages folder of your theme

Quote Originally Posted by brittanyhuynh View Post
    My iPhone dock is pushed up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help!
    your dock image needs to be 320 x 45 px not 320 x 91 px
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-08-04 at 02:50 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

brittanyhuynh (2010-08-04)

does anyone know how to change the keypad for the one in settings >> general >> passcode lock

cheers

Hey guys, i'm going crazy with this, i cannot change the status bar signal wifi and battery on the status bar, i have followed the step to renaing the black / silver and wifi parts and placing them in the uiimages folder..maybe im doing something wrong maybe im putting the uiimages in the wrong place but they wont change...

how are you naming them?

i followed this here and the signal bars WORK -- the battery has not changed to black and the letter "E" has not changed to black

for all "FSO" change to "Black"
    and for all the "Default" change to "Silver"
    and for wifi change "Airport" to "WifiBars"
    reception bar name is the same just to change the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by xstevex View Post
    i followed this here and the signal bars WORK -- the battery has not changed to black and the letter "E" has not changed to black

for all "FSO" change to "Black"
    and for all the "Default" change to "Silver"
    and for wifi change "Airport" to "WifiBars"
    reception bar name is the same just to change the first part.
    Black_Base.png = FSO_BG.png
    Silver_Base = Default_BG.png
    Translucent_Base.png = FST_BG.png

go to the spreadsheet link in my post at the top of page 27 for other names

edit: sorry read your post wrong
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-08-04 at 05:22 PM.

i have checked that but i don't see the the battery to the top left and the edge file name changes
    i changed the edge to silver_edge_on and nothing changed

ok i got the battery to work but the inside of it is to high for the battery box??
    Last edited by xstevex; 2010-08-04 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

R.I P. Master Theme Creator flybritn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,609 Times in 878 Posts

i have checked that but i don't see the the battery to the top left and the edge file name changes

ok i got the battery to work but the inside of it is to high for the battery box??
    Resize the caves area of the batter insides image to 20px high and then you can adjust the inside by moving the image down on the canvas to fit into your battery

just updated the spread sheet it should help you now

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to theme the HUD as shown in the screenshots below. (The box that has the volume and says tap for BiteSMS QC). What is the name of this file and what directory is it in? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    I want to theme the HUD as shown in the screenshots below. (The box that has the volume and says tap for BiteSMS QC). What is the name of this file and what directory is it in? Thanks

in your theme, under bundles/com.apple.springboard:
    ?block.png?
    mute.png
    ring.png
    silent.png
    speaker.png

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    name FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png - Black_CARRIER_IPOD.png and Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png - Silver_CARRIER_IPOD.png and put them in the UIImages folder of your theme

your dock image needs to be 320 x 45 px not 320 x 91 px
    Thank you so much!

Thanks

Sorry but Thant what I was looking for thanks for your info though, block is the little blue boxes when changing the volume, I'm talking about the actual dark transparent cube in which everything is in...

Does anyone know how to change Edge to 3G icons? The one in winterboard doesn't work. Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brittanyhuynh View Post
    Does anyone know how to change Edge to 3G icons? The one in winterboard doesn't work. Thanks!
    To Change Edge and 3G Icons;
    Navigate to var/stash/themes/THEME YOU WANT TO CHANGE/UIImages and change your 3G and Edge icon names to this ;

Edge= Black_DataTypeEDGE.png and Silver_DataTypeEDGE.png
    3G= Black_DataTypeUMTS.png and Silver_DataTypeUMTS.png

Everything you do regarding theming and anything iPhone Mod related is ALWAYS case sensitive. So a word of advice to anyone having issues with "that didn't work", check the spelling, Capitalization and you put "it" in the right spot.

**Note; I put my icons in both var/stash/themes/actual theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard as well as var/stash/themes/actual theme/UIImages because I know it goes in one of the two but not exactly sure which one but it works.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-08-06 at 08:27 PM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks

So does anyone know how to theme the HUD I was talking about? I want to theme the actual transparent box in which the Vibrate, Sound, and volume controls are on. Anyone know where this file is?!

Anybody know what to name the files to change the Charging Battery on i4?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    So does anyone know how to theme the HUD I was talking about? I want to theme the actual transparent box in which the Vibrate, Sound, and volume controls are on. Anyone know where this file is?!
    should be in var/stash/themes/name of theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

it used to be in var/stash/themes/name of theme/UIImages

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    Anybody know what to name the files to change the Charging Battery on i4?
    heres a link to help you with the battery Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 19: Changing status bar images and more!

your Battery will be located in;
    For a theme; var/stash.theme/name of theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    Main battery images; System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

The reason your edge/3G icons didn't change is because you named them wrong. Everything is case sensitive when it comes to anything theming or modding related. Heres what you need to do to get the 3G/Edge Icons to change;

Navigate to var/stash/themes/THEME YOU WANT TO CHANGE/UIImages and change your 3G and Edge icon names to this ;

Edge= Black_DataTypeEDGE.png and Silver_DataTypeEDGE.png
    3G= Black_DataTypeUMTS.png and Silver_DataTypeUMTS.png

**Note; I put my icons in both var/stash/themes/actual theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard as well as var/stash/themes/actual theme/UIImages because I know it goes in one of the two but not exactly sure which one but it works.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-08-04 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone been able to get any of the bundles to work on the iP4?
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast