Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 634

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

  1. #381
    every time i put in a value in a field, it auto. changes the value in the other field---so confused. pixels? cm? mm? custom? Arrrgh!
    Modding Addict

  2. #382
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    let me say this to hopefully put a lot of these questions to rest for now... no one has figured out how to theme an iPhone 4 completely just yet -- a stock iPhone 4 theme has yet to even be released by someone, and that's what most theme creators need to make themes -- the stock theme is used as a template. It isn't going to be as simple as just resizing images to double their current size either -- this will produce an ugly, blurry copy of the original image, so almost all theme creators are having to make the images from scratch to acheive the higher resolution. Bottom line, ios4 themes are not compatable fully with the iPhone 4, but as soon as a stock theme is made available and we figure out all the nuances -- you'll have your 4's looking mighty kick ***

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

    wim66 (2010-08-03)

  4. #383
    iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central LA
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    let me say this to hopefully put a lot of these questions to rest for now... no one has figured out how to theme an iPhone 4 completely just yet -- a stock iPhone 4 theme has yet to even be released by someone, and that's what most theme creators need to make themes -- the stock theme is used as a template. It isn't going to be as simple as just resizing images to double their current size either -- this will produce an ugly, blurry copy of the original image, so almost all theme creators are having to make the images from scratch to acheive the higher resolution. Bottom line, ios4 themes are not compatable fully with the iPhone 4, but as soon as a stock theme is made available and we figure out all the nuances -- you'll have your 4's looking mighty kick ***
    well not sure if you knew about thus one but im following this stock theme - just adding the"@2x" and resizing most pics gets the job done.

    4.0 Stock Theme

    Quote Originally Posted by JurisHP View Post
    every time i put in a value in a field, it auto. changes the value in the other field---so confused. pixels? cm? mm? custom? Arrrgh!
    thats even better!. it should be in pixels and once you enter 62 in width it should automatically change the height to 40
    Last edited by FURBY8704; 2010-08-03 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost


    iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

  5. #384
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    well not sure if you knew about thus one but im following this stock theme - just adding the"@2x" and resizing most pics gets the job done.

    4.0 Stock Theme
    That is not the stock iPhone4 theme -- the iPhone 4 wasn't even jailbroken so no one had access to it when that link was submitted 7/9/10. That is the ios4 theme which i myself and many other theme creators used to make our themes ios4 compatable ON THIRD GENERATION iDEVICES.

    I am very aware of the @2x trick, but like i said this will simply double the resolution of an image meant to go on a 3rd gen device so the images will look blurry and nowhere near hi-res. Trust me -- the theme creators here have been feverishly working behind the scenes and we'll have themes out to work with the iPhone 4 very soon...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

    korens (2010-08-04)

  7. #385
    iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central LA
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    That is not the stock iPhone4 theme -- the iPhone 4 wasn't even jailbroken so no one had access to it when that link was submitted 7/9/10. That is the ios4 theme which i myself and many other theme creators used to make our themes ios4 compatable ON THIRD GENERATION iDEVICES.

    I am very aware of the @2x trick, but like i said this will simply double the resolution of an image meant to go on a 3rd gen device so the images will look blurry and nowhere near hi-res. Trust me -- the theme creators here have been feverishly working behind the scenes and we'll have themes out to work with the iPhone 4 very soon...
    thats great! cant wait =]
    but for now ill just have to settle with the "@2x" trick =/


    iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

  8. #386
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    thats great! cant wait =]
    but for now ill just have to settle with the "@2x" trick =/
    just trying to save a bunch of you from spinning your wheels -- here's what the @2x trick will get you by doubling an image's size -- the first is my charging battery from one of my themes doubled from it's original size which is what your @2x will acheive, and the 2nd pic is the same battery redone the correct way to utilize the hi-res screen of the new iPhone 4... as you can see you will truly be "settling" by doing this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -batterybg_11.png   -batterybg_16d.png  

  9. #387
    iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central LA
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    just trying to save a bunch of you from spinning your wheels -- here's what the @2x trick will get you by doubling an image's size -- the first is my charging battery from one of my themes doubled from it's original size which is what your @2x will acheive, and the 2nd pic is the same battery redone the correct way to utilize the hi-res screen of the new iPhone 4... as you can see you will truly be "settling" by doing this...
    thats pretty =]


    iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

  10. #388
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    Thanks bro sorry if I came across the wrong way, but I've had a few people running my themes try the @2x and it made my beautiful themes look ugly as sin -- I'm halfway through theming my hi-res images but really can't finish up until someone finally posts a stock theme...

  11. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    just trying to save a bunch of you from spinning your wheels -- here's what the @2x trick will get you by doubling an image's size -- the first is my charging battery from one of my themes doubled from it's original size which is what your @2x will acheive, and the 2nd pic is the same battery redone the correct way to utilize the hi-res screen of the new iPhone 4... as you can see you will truly be "settling" by doing this...
    You've convinced me the 2x trick, (while maybe a nice temp solution for SOME folders like my phone dialer), isn't worth the time renaming all of the theme files.

  12. #390
    Does anyone have any clues to why this lockscreen clock is deleting my wallpaper?

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2135764/Lock...-12H.theme.zip

    Its a simple lockscreen clock but on my 4.0.1 OS it works but turns my lockscreen wallpaper completely black =[

    any help would be greatly appreciated =]

  13. #391
    AppleSauce over at macthemes has made a speadsheet for the new and changed images that you can add to


    edit: lol I'm half a sleep
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-08-03 at 11:01 PM.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    Kat_Kingdom (2010-11-08), wannabprogramma (2010-08-03)

  15. #392
    iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central LA
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    AppleSauce over at modmyi has made a speadsheet for the new and changed images that you can add to
    over at modmyi?? hahaha so where are we now?? lol

    thanks for the link though ;]


    iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to FURBY8704 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (2010-08-03)

  17. #393
    I am having a problem that I can't seem to resolve. All of the icons that I have changed that are from the App Store have a black background. I have replaced the following files in Bundles/SpringBoard.app with transparent versions but still no luck after multiple re-springs and re-starts. I've included a picture of what it looks like. I am using winterboard, but have made the changes manually with no luck also. iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 if it matters. This is driving me crazy!

    Thanks.

    WallpaperIconShadow.png
    WallpaperIconShadowT.png
    IconDarkeningOverlay.png
    SwitcherIconShadow.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0022.png  

  18. #394
    Add @2x to the end of each one

    Example

    [email protected]

    Some images on iphone4 are twice the size that is why they are labeled @2x. They also need to be twice the size. But it doesn't matter on clear images

  19. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    Add @2x to the end of each one

    Example

    [email protected]

    Some images on iphone4 are twice the size that is why they are labeled @2x. They also need to be twice the size. But it doesn't matter on clear images
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but the icons still have the black background behind all my AppStore icons. I did what you said and cleared the icon cache and resprung, but still the issue remains. What else can be causing this?

  20. #396
    Angry Carrier Logo on iPod Touch 3G running iOS4! :(
    Hey all, i've given up on scouring the internet to find out how to do this, so I've come here because all of you sound quite educated on this stuff!

    I've made 2 PNG (Black and White) images to use as a custom "carrier logo", (quotations because I'm on a 3G Touch, not an iPhone) but CANNOT figure out where to put these files using WinSCP and OpenSSH on the Touch...Is it even possible yet on iOS4, or have I been looking for no reason!? I thought I've seen some things saying it was possible on 3G iDevices running iOS4, but I'm not positive. 3G iPod Touch running iOS 4.0, NOT iPhone!

    Sorry if this has been answered, I'm just sick and tired of searching for an answer!

  21. #397
    I figured it out. I needed to replace the AppIconMask.png, AppIconOverlay.png, and AppIconShadow.png files with transparent versions. Duh. Thanks to anyone who tried to help.

  22. #398
    I found that for the music player the image that was MusicVolumeKnob is now just VolumeKnob.

    Now I'm trying to figure out how to theme the volume bar, VolumeWhiteTrack and VolumeBlueTrack work but that themes both the track bar and volume bar, anyone figure that out yet?
    Last edited by seanG; 2010-08-04 at 06:49 AM.

  23. #399
    My iPhone dock is pushed up. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

    Thanks for your help!

  24. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by x| LiB |x View Post
    MCNext, MCPause, MCPlay, MCPrev- these images are for the ipod controls in the MTDock. There are three images for EACH ONE, and are called >>MCNext, MCNext_d, MCNext_p
    There also black versions of these images, we dont know what they are for though. they are called PlayT, PauseT, NextT, NextOffT, PrevT, PrevOffT..
    Settings > General > Accessibility > White on Black

    Just a guess without looking at them.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •