Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

R.I P. Master Theme Creator flybritn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,609 Times in 878 Posts

yea,it's there and it works on 3 firmware but on ios4, it aplies the stock image.

try these from TelephonyUI

BarBottomLock.png

and /or

BarBottomLock_T.png
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-07-26 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    How do i change the color of the clock on the springboard? I tried using/editing the old info.plist i used to use from 3.1.2 but it wont work..
    Help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Help, I'm converting a lockscreen to iOS4. The current lockscreen background in back of the passcode field is transparent, screenies below

I Need to make the background of the passcode field look like the image on the right:

With that black background.

Any idea what the name is of the file to put that background instead of the current transparent one? Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Help, I'm converting a lockscreen to iOS4. The current lockscreen background in back of the passcode field is transparent, screenies below

I Need to make the background of the passcode field look like the image on the right:

Any idea what the name is of the file to put that background instead of the current transparent one? Thanks a lot!

I been after this image file for 2 days now on one of my themes and haven't found the correct one yet. I asked the same question and havn't got an answer yet that I haven't already tried.
    Hopefully someone on here will discover it

try exporting your DeviceLockBottomBarBackground.png at 24bit and see if that sorts it

sorry, I'm just guessing, I'll stop now

Try DeviceLockBottomBarBackground.png in the Springboard.app folder and set UIPasscodeFieldBackground.png to transparent in UIImages

how do i theme the carrier name like the one above? what do i name it thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question for theme'ers. I would like to know how the springboard is setup for the more advance theme style. For instance, the one that looked like a wallet. Is that all CSS/HTML or is there something i'm missing. I'm really REALLY deep into themeing right now, and gradually want to move on to programming. But i'm stuck on themeing because of my artist background (doing IT now) and would like to create some off the wall SH!T. Either way, some guidance/tutorial/advice to a theme'ers secret book of how/why/where/function information would greatly be appreciated. Also, being that I myself cannot seem to theme all of the tab portions of the 'phone' aspect except for the dialer, and I have seen themes that mod the whole damn phone (jealous), HBO (help a brotha out) with my themeing endeavors.

Just to reference work, my first theme is the God of War 3 theme (don't bash to bad...LOL).

Thanks and greatly appreciate the work you all put in... it feeds my passion and ideas to continue themeing!

KJ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    try exporting your DeviceLockBottomBarBackground.png at 24bit and see if that sorts it

sorry, I'm just guessing, I'll stop now
    Thanks, I will give this a try

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

I completed a hybrid upgrade of my theme that works with both ios3 & 4 , but I'm still having the issue with the dock icons riding too high on the springboard... How do I resolve this issue on a hybrid setup like this? Thanks

------------------------------

EDIT: i don't know why but I always assumed that if I deleted the SBDockBG files from the com.apple.springboard folder, since that folder applies to the ios3 version too, that it might mess up the dock on the old ios, but i deleted it and my ios3 dock is still a-ok.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-07-27 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

One more thing: I want to theme the complete "In-Call" Table while placing a call. I want to theme that table that says Mute, Add Call, Speaker, etc. Where are these files located for the table and what are they called?

Screenshot:

Thanks

One more thing: I want to theme the complete "In-Call" Table while placing a call. I want to theme that table that says Mute, Add Call, Speaker, etc. Where are these files located for the table and what are they called?

Screenshot:
    Here are the icons from a theme, but the naming convention works so you can just photoshop new ones. The table itself, i'm pretty sure they are in another .artwork file in mobilephone.app. But you can change the icons.

Here are the images.

Name:  addcall.png
Views: 941
Size:  4.9 KB

Name:  contacts.png
Views: 1006
Size:  3.7 KB

Name:  dialer.png
Views: 931
Size:  3.4 KB

Name:  hold.png
Views: 995
Size:  4.4 KB

Name:  mute.png
Views: 933
Size:  4.7 KB

Name:  speaker.png
Views: 937
Size:  5.0 KB

Thanks

Can any of you please decrypt that .artwork file? It's an important part of the theme for iPhone users. I don't wanna dissapointed them. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJohnX
    Well if it's anything like the stock keyboards, they aren't a collection of images anymore. The new firmwares use vector graphics for the keyboards, and probably for the keypad as well. This explains it pretty good:
    [url=http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/682380-state-keyboard-modding-fw-3-x.html]http://modmyi.com/fo...ing-fw-3-x.html[url]
    this is the probably what Appl£ has done and for this reason where going to struggle to fully theme iOS4, remember when Saurik twittered this

The images go in YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/.

The background images are called sixsqbutton_{1-6}.png. The pressed versions are sixsqbuttonsel_{1-6}.png. So, for example, to change the top right button (speaker) you would add YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/sixsqbutton_3.png and you would put the pressed version as YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/sixsqbuttonsel_3.png.

The symbols are called:
    mute.png - top left button, mutes/unmutes call
    dialer.png - top center button, shows keypad
    speaker.png - top right button, toggles speakerphone
    addcall.png - bottom left button, adds a call
    hold.png - bottom center button, puts a call on hold or picks it up again
    contacts.png - shows contacts

route.png - selects audio device; replaces top right speaker button if a headset or something similar is attached
    merge.png - merges calls into a single conference call; replaces bottom left add call button if there is more than one call
    swap.png - switches calls (puts one call on hold and picks up another); replaces bottom center hold button if there is more than one call

17. The Following User Says Thank You to qmega For This Useful Post:

x| LiB |x (2010-07-29)

Quote Originally Posted by qmega View Post
    The images go in YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/.

The background images are called sixsqbutton_{1-6}.png. The pressed versions are sixsqbuttonsel_{1-6}.png. So, for example, to change the top right button (speaker) you would add YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/sixsqbutton_3.png and you would put the pressed version as YourTheme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/sixsqbuttonsel_3.png.

The symbols are called:
    mute.png - top left button, mutes/unmutes call
    dialer.png - top center button, shows keypad
    speaker.png - top right button, toggles speakerphone
    addcall.png - bottom left button, adds a call
    hold.png - bottom center button, puts a call on hold or picks it up again
    contacts.png - shows contacts

route.png - selects audio device; replaces top right speaker button if a headset or something similar is attached
    merge.png - merges calls into a single conference call; replaces bottom left add call button if there is more than one call
    swap.png - switches calls (puts one call on hold and picks up another); replaces bottom center hold button if there is more than one call
    Excellent details!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

can someone please help me on getting THIS to work? itis not mine but i do like it and i hope that someone will be able to help me make it compatible..... i have tried all i can do....

Thanks

Question for you all... I finally i'm getting my autoicon creations to work, but for some reason, not all icons are recieving the AppIconOverlay. They recieve AppIconMask (basic shap or gradiation), the highlights and glossing effects of the AppIconOverlay are not being applied to all of them. Any of you all have run into this problem? I'll post a pic of it when I get home (my iphone sb).

Thanks,

KJ

Also, what are the files needed for autocreating the main SB icons, such as phone, contacts, messages, ipod, etc.?

Thanks again, also, and a thanks to those who tried to assist me... I know I wasn't very clear, but still the effort to help is greatly appreciated!

KJ
    Last edited by kingjust; 2010-07-29 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

also, does shrink work yet? and being able to have five rows, collumns, and 5 icons in your dock work yet?

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast