Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Fudsey View Post
    I made the battery insides 3x20 and centered them on my battery image to put them in the correct place.
    Thanks, didn't think of this. Mine needed 3x18 to center.

This has helped me alot. I got my illumine theme to auto create again and got a transparent lock clock. Thanks for the awesome guide.

Please help me.
    I use a theme with winterboard but everytime I open a folder the springboard becomes black background, It does not preserve the theme.
    Solution ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0030.png   -img_0031.png  

Wim66 has informed me that you will need to delete the Wallpaper.png and set the wallpaper via the settings app

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Wim66 has informed me that you will need to delete the Wallpaper.png and set the wallpaper via the settings app
    Delete Wallpaper.png from winterboard theme ?
    I've a 3G Iphone and I disabled the backgrounds.
    How can I setting ???

Take the wallpaper.png and send it to yourself in an email, then save the image to your pictures. delete it from the theme folder, an then set the wallpaper in Settings-Wallpaper...

I see what your saying now... You may have to wait for a winterboard update it sounds like...
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2010-07-14 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take the wallpaper.png and send it to yourself in an email, then save the image to your pictures. delete it from the theme folder, an then set the wallpaper in Settings-Wallpaper...

I see what your saying now... You may have to wait for a winterboard update it sounds like...
    Ok but change only the lockscreen.

OK! :-) thanks...
    Last edited by cisco76; 2010-07-14 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudsey View Post
    I made the battery insides 3x20 and centered them on my battery image to put them in the correct place.
    Ok, so you changed the new colored "Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png" to 3x20 (or 3x18) and that worked? Could you please explain "and centered them on my battery image to put them in the correct place." I changed the size of the .png file and that did nothing but make the .png file so big that it goes from top to bottom of the status bar. I guess I just need more detailed instructions to get the new .png that I want to use to replace Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png to work, if you don't mind, b/c everything I've tried doesn't work.

I'm really just trying to get the colored "Silver" status bar battery .pngs to work for the "Black & Transparent" status bars.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, my PC just crashed yesterday and I may have lost all of my files. Won't be able to find out until I buy a new computer next month. However, going by memory, when I opened the 4.0 Stock, I noticed a Folder named iPodOut. Is that for the iPad only or is it also part of the iPhone? And an older question was never answered. Do you need to theme both com.apple Folders and framework Folders that share the same file or can you just theme one or the other?
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/GunDom66/thumbs_132075-worn-cloth-icon-alpha.png

Twitter: gundom66

MyPad and Special Darque are free themes. A little thank you with the "Thank You" button is sufficient. No donations necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftks View Post
    Ok, so you changed the new colored "Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png" to 3x20 (or 3x18) and that worked? Could you please explain "and centered them on my battery image to put them in the correct place." I changed the size of the .png file and that did nothing but make the .png file so big that it goes from top to bottom of the status bar. I guess I just need more detailed instructions to get the new .png that I want to use to replace Black_BatteryDrainingInsides.png to work, if you don't mind, b/c everything I've tried doesn't work.

I'm really just trying to get the colored "Silver" status bar battery .pngs to work for the "Black & Transparent" status bars.

Thanks for your help.
    You got to make the canvas size 3x20 but leave the image the same size(3x8 or 3x7). You will have transparent pixels above and below the silver pixels. you may have to move the silver ones up or down to correspond to your battery's position.
    Rule #32 Enjoy The Little Things ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_chris View Post
    Weather widget works with embedded javascript in the .html files.

A couple of ? How can I get this exact weather, clock, date widget? It's exactly what I want! How did you get this to work on iOS 4.0, can you explain in detail? I've read a couple of post back about the .js files but I have no idea how to modify them. I'm pretty familiar with iFile but I just don't understand this one.

Thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do any of you know how to increase the height of the SBdockBG? If you go bigger than a certain pixel range it will get cut off. So it's late, and i'm tired, so i'm reaching out for help.

Thanks fellas,

KJ

And one more question, which caf file is the one where you get the chime sound when you respring or plug in and charge?

Thanks,

KJ
    Last edited by kingjust; 2010-07-15 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

beep-beep.caf

And there is not a way to make the dock bigger... You can fake it by making the dock or a portion of the dock in the wallpaper itself
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2010-07-15 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

beep-beep.caf

And there is not a way to make the dock bigger... You can fake it by making the dock or a portion of the dock in the wallpaper itself
    LOL, that's awesome because that leads to my next question. I made my dock transparent and made a makeshift dock within the wallpaper, but it seems that there is some sort of gradient the closer you get to the docked icons. I couldn't find, if there is, the png file that supposedly does this. Does anyone know what I mean, and do they know the file?

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    A couple of ? How can I get this exact weather, clock, date widget? It's exactly what I want! How did you get this to work on iOS 4.0, can you explain in detail? I've read a couple of post back about the .js files but I have no idea how to modify them. I'm pretty familiar with iFile but I just don't understand this one.

Thanks in advance
    This is from the Lephone theme.. I think it would be pretty hard to do with Ifile, but you just embed all the .js calls into the .html files. Check out this thread..

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...rking-os4.html

Post #6 had a link to download a working weather widget that shows exactly what you need.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Indy_chris For This Useful Post:

atorres062 (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_chris View Post
    This is from the Lephone theme.. I think it would be pretty hard to do with Ifile, but you just embed all the .js calls into the .html files. Check out this thread..

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...rking-os4.html

Post #6 had a link to download a working weather widget that shows exactly what you need.
    Maaaan, I've tried everything and I can't seem to get it to work, this .js crap is confusing me. I checked out the link pretty cool widget but I prefer what you have. Can you apossibly share yours? It would just make my life easier and how would you change from 24hr to 12hr? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Has anyone figured out how to make the docked icon name transparent?

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 1px 0px;</string>
    -----------------
    NEVERMIND!! IT DOES WORK!
    Last edited by decke; 2010-07-16 at 02:00 AM. Reason: ooops

Quote Originally Posted by seven77
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; opacity: 0</string>
    enjoy
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-07-16 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    LOL, that's awesome because that leads to my next question. I made my dock transparent and made a makeshift dock within the wallpaper, but it seems that there is some sort of gradient the closer you get to the docked icons. I couldn't find, if there is, the png file that supposedly does this. Does anyone know what I mean, and do they know the file?
    I know it's kinda *** to quote myself, oh well, but this is really annoying as hell. I've renamed anything that refers to the dock and background wall paper, and with a transparent SBdockBG file, there is some sort of gradient that dulls out the bottom 35% of the wallpaper. i don't know what other files to touch as they don't seem to be named for any particula portion of the wallpaper or dock. I'm not to keen on the plist file editing yet... so, if anyone gots anything, HBO (help a brotha out!) LOL

Thanks,

KJ

There's an iOS4 update for CLASSified

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast