Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 634

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone iOS 4 Theming Tips

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudsey View Post
    I am seeing people posting their home screens with no visable dock (3 posts up), how are they doing this?
    I do have a dock. It has Facebook, APOD, Safari, and Cydia. It looks like it isn't there because my icons are only the names of the apps. You can see the actual Docked Icon Labels underneath the icons. Does that make sense?

  2. #182
    It is possible to make an own Icon for every iOS 4 Folder? I mean not the FolderIconBG.png .This is one Icon for all Folders but i want to have for every Folder an own Icon. How can i do that?

    Thank you very much.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to KaiTa For This Useful Post:

    Kat_Kingdom (2010-08-26)

  4. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by BStrasters View Post
    I do have a dock. It has Facebook, APOD, Safari, and Cydia. It looks like it isn't there because my icons are only the names of the apps. You can see the actual Docked Icon Labels underneath the icons. Does that make sense?
    Well what I meant was the dock background image.... that make sense? not sure how to explain it....
    Rule #32 Enjoy The Little Things ! ! !

  5. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
    It is possible to make an own Icon for every iOS 4 Folder? I mean not the FolderIconBG.png .This is one Icon for all Folders but i want to have for every Folder an own Icon. How can i do that?

    Thank you very much.
    So far this cannot be done

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to x| LiB |x For This Useful Post:

    Kat_Kingdom (2010-08-26)

  7. #185
    Ya I know what you mean. That image is System/CoreServices/Springboard.app/SBDockBG.png. Somehow mine was disabled i guess. I don;t know how...

    EDIT: I had an image in my theme that was made the image invisible (I didn't think that was the image at first because it was named something different and it didn't fix it the first time I changed it). So you can "disable" it by making an image that is the same size but invisible.
    Last edited by BStrasters; 2010-07-07 at 06:08 AM.

  8. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaria View Post
    1. Whenever I press a folder of icons, the homescreen wallpaper becomes black. Is that just because I have wallpapers via Winterboard instead of via iOS 4? (Was told performance was an issue if that were enabled) Whether or not that is the case, is there something I can do about it? All I can find is how to theme how folders look when opened. Thing is, I like the default for that. :P
    this happens to me too, only if i use winterboard for wallpaper. i use winterboard instead of the default ios 4 method for the same reason, performance.

    one other reason is because of a strange thing the default wallpaper does, it adds like a shadow to your image? im not sure what is happening but my image is clearly darker if set via ios 4 default method vs using winterboard

    have a look see:


    left side is using ios 4 default set wallpaper method, on the right is using winterboard's method

    any idea how to get rid of the darkness? or better yet how to use winterboard wallpaper and not have a black wallpaper when i open a folder?

  9. #187
    Default Interesting Dock "Issue"
    When Fedsey asked me about my Dock BG, I starting messing with those files, and realized that the file that was making it invisible was actually in my main theme folder (var/stash/Theme/theme.theme) and was called Dock.png. I assumed that it might cause issues since the Dock BG image was now in System/Library/CoreSystems/Springboard.app and was called SBDockBG.png, so I renamed my file that and moved it to the com.apple.springboard folder in my theme folder (var/stash/Theme/theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard). The first image is what my springboard looked like after that (the bottom four apps are my dock and you can see the reflection below them - however the icons seem to be high to me). The second image is what my springboard looked like after I re-added the file to my main theme folder and named it Dock.png (while keeping the SBDockBG.png file in my com.apple.springboard folder). The third image, which is clear, is the actual file that I was manipulating. While I am ok with how my springboard looks now (I'm sticking with the second one now), I was wondering if anyone knew why any of this is happening. And I thought that it might help understand how to get rid of the docked icon reflection or other theming problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0027.png   -img_0028.png   -dock.png  

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BStrasters For This Useful Post:

    Fudsey (2010-07-07)

  11. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by BStrasters View Post
    When Fedsey asked me about my Dock BG, I starting messing with those files, and realized that the file that was making it invisible was actually in my main theme folder (var/stash/Theme/theme.theme) and was called Dock.png. I assumed that it might cause issues since the Dock BG image was now in System/Library/CoreSystems/Springboard.app and was called SBDockBG.png, so I renamed my file that and moved it to the com.apple.springboard folder in my theme folder (var/stash/Theme/theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard). The first image is what my springboard looked like after that (the bottom four apps are my dock and you can see the reflection below them - however the icons seem to be high to me). The second image is what my springboard looked like after I re-added the file to my main theme folder and named it Dock.png (while keeping the SBDockBG.png file in my com.apple.springboard folder). The third image, which is clear, is the actual file that I was manipulating. While I am ok with how my springboard looks now (I'm sticking with the second one now), I was wondering if anyone knew why any of this is happening. And I thought that it might help understand how to get rid of the docked icon reflection or other theming problems.
    I would guess that this has something to do with the way the red and blue bits are flipped in Apple's iPhone-optimized PNGs. Possibly caused by something trying to read an Apple PNG and getting a normal one or vice versa. However, it would seem the different stuff in the headers, etc. would cause problems (maybe this is the reason for the moved icons; a size difference or something).

  12. #189
    OK that's strange, I though everyone was talking about the dock being hard coded in, but as it turns out Dock.png in you theme folder DOES change it..... weird

    OK now that that is overcome, had anyone figured out WIFI signal yet??

    Thanks BStrasers
    Rule #32 Enjoy The Little Things ! ! !

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fudsey For This Useful Post:

    Kat_Kingdom (2010-08-26)

  14. #190
    I need a bit of assistance... I know I know.... I'm looking to make an ios4 add on for CLASSified... What I'm looking to do is override the SBDockBG.png that is currently in the theme. Does anyone know if placing the transparent Dock.png in the root of the theme folder will override the SBDockBG.png in the bundles and folders directories or not?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

    x| LiB |x (2010-07-08)

  16. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    I need a bit of assistance... I know I know.... I'm looking to make an ios4 add on for CLASSified... What I'm looking to do is override the SBDockBG.png that is currently in the theme. Does anyone know if placing the transparent Dock.png in the root of the theme folder will override the SBDockBG.png in the bundles and folders directories or not?
    Or not. You need to place SBDockBG & SBDockBG2 inside the com.apple.springboard bundle. Placing these in the / folder of your theme will do nothing.

    Hope that helps. ^_^
    Current project: iTobei exclusive, complete UI theme.
    ...............................Current project:.24% percent complete.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tobei For This Useful Post:

    barsoverbeats (2010-07-08)

  18. #192

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

    x| LiB |x (2010-07-08)

  20. #193
    Yes, Dock.png overrides SBDockBG.png when both present.
    But when there is no Dock.png present, then SBDockBG.png messes up the springboard.
    SBDockBG can't be used in com.apple.springboard or SpringBoard.app.
    Last edited by wim66; 2010-07-08 at 02:08 AM.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

    barsoverbeats (2010-07-08), Kat_Kingdom (2010-08-26), qmega (2010-07-08)

  22. #194

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

    x| LiB |x (2010-07-08)

  24. #195
    Anyone get any weather widgets to work yet? I got the Iclocktopia clock going, but no weather..

  25. #196
    wheres the images for the lockscreen?

  26. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_chris View Post
    Anyone get any weather widgets to work yet? I got the Iclocktopia clock going, but no weather..
    As far as I know weathericon has not been updated yet... so no weather widget yet

  27. #198


    Can anyone tell me why my dock icons look like this?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to thewhitewill For This Useful Post:

    twindecks (2010-07-09)

  29. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitewill View Post


    Can anyone tell me why my dock icons look like this?
    in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app you gotta make transparant versions of SwitcherIconShadow.png, WallpaperIconDockShadow.png and WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png. you may also want to mess around with IconDarkeningOverlay.png, its what makes your icons look pressed down when you click them. It looks like whats behind your dock icons.
    Then put them in the springboard.app folder of what ever theme youre using.

    I also hear iblank from cydia may fix this, i would go with that first.
    Last edited by cornhobble; 2010-07-08 at 11:52 PM.

  30. #200
    Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

    the iblank from cydia does the exact same thing it just gives a theme that will get rid of these as in putting in transparent images to replace the ones you just named so really both are the exact same fix

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

    x| LiB |x (2010-07-11)

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •