Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Developer, New Theme: FinkTech. Tell me what you think.

Default New Developer, New Theme: FinkTech. Tell me what you think.
    Hey guys, I am new to the iphone modding community. I originally modded the glass orb theme to fit my liking and then decided to create a futuristic theme that felt like it was built into the phone. Enter FinkTech. Here is a screenshot. The background is from the net but I thought it fit nicely. Let me know if I should try to post it on cydia. Thanks, Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -finktech.png  

Nice theme, love the dockflow however not a huge fan of the badges, *(im a perfectionist =p), the apps are cleanly designed and if you have time would love to see a custom lockscreen and maybe autocreate icons? Very good job!

Badges? You mean the icons in the dock? What's wrong with them exactly? The theme is not the icons on the top, just the dock and the 5 icons in the bottom. As far as the lockscreen, what would you recommend? I always use a calendar lockscreen anyway so unless i created that custom, I dont really know what I would do. and what are autocreate icons?

The "badges" would be the 6 above the mail icon.
    Payton.Penn

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

From what you've posted I wouldn't recommend posting to Cydia unless you can obtain permission from the creators of the icons and background, then give them credit if they say it's ok. Half the icons are stock iPhone icons, the other half are icons i've seen before, and the dock icons look a lot like Bluemetal's from the Minimum Theme. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you found all the images on the net somewhere then chances are they are already in another theme (or themes) in Cydia already, and have already been leaked to the web. I like the look of it though and you did a great job arranging everything together, but if it's not original and you didn't do all the work yourself then I'd maybe offer a link to it here in your thread but keep Cydia for original work
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-06-23 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

The badge looks like it's from orb also. Permissions and credits will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    From what you've posted I wouldn't recommend posting to Cydia unless you can obtain permission from the creators of the icons and background, then give them credit if they say it's ok. Half the icons are stock iPhone icons, the other half are icons i've seen before, and the dock icons look a lot like Bluemetal's from the Minimum Theme. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you found all the images on the net somewhere then chances are they are already in another theme (or themes) in Cydia already, and have already been leaked to the web. I like the look of it though and you did a great job arranging everything together, but if it's not original and you didn't do all the work yourself then I'd maybe offer a link to it here in your thread but keep Cydia for original work
    Well I created the icons for the theme from here Glyphish – Great icons for great iPhone & iPad applications it looks like the creator of the minium theme did the same thing. As you can read in my last post, the icons other than the dock icons are not part of the theme, just what I happen to have installed.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The badge looks like it's from orb also. Permissions and credits will be needed.
    What badge? I didn't take anything from orb other than the idea of a 5 icon dock.
    Last edited by DFink; 2010-06-23 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I repeat my post

Quote Originally Posted by erionville View Post
    The "badges" would be the 6 above the mail icon.
    Payton.Penn

oh sorry i missed that post. Those aren't part of the theme either, they are part of the mobileme UI theme.

Thanks

Bro you posted asking if you should post this to Cydia or not -- I'm just giving you my opinion. You didn't "create" the images is all I'm saying - the creator of the minimum theme made his icons from scratch, just like the person who posted the icons on the site you copied them from. I mentioned in my comment that i think you should post a link to this mod you put together of other themes and icons, all you have to do is go to mediafire or rapidshare and upload a copy for free then post a link to it on your thread here for people who want to download it. Cydia should be for original artwork that was created from scratch - i think in order to get something onto cydia you should have to provide the photoshop psd's showing you created it, but that's my opinion. Again, no disrespect - you have a nice mod here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it. The dock especially.....he is right tho, the glyphs in the Minimum theme as well as Dusk look strikingly similar to the ones from the link he gave.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

To clearify: i used some of the glyphs from that link for my minimum pro theme.
    They are Freeware. I reworked them and added a reflection for Minimum. But i also made about hundred new from the scratch for minimum pro, but this guy just used the basic glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    To clearify: i used some of the glyphs from that link for my minimum pro theme.
    They are Freeware. I reworked them and added a reflection for Minimum. But i also made about hundred new from the scratch for minimum pro, but this guy just used the basic glyphs.
    I had spent so much time making the dock that creating the icons from scratch was a bit too much extra time. Basically, I had been looking around for a theme that looked built into the bottom of the screen and nothing like this really existed, so I decided to make it for my own phone. I really liked it and thought others would too if they thought the same way I did but didn't have the skills to make it themselves. I just know that alot of modders including my friends, don't know how to install themes without cydia and would have liked to make it available to them too. BlueMetal, I hadn't been able to find your full iphone theme until just now, I really like your safari icon. Do you think that maybe we could work together and I could use your icons for the dock packaged with the theme? Just an idea, if you don't like the theme or anything, thats cool. Thanks

Btw, the lines of the background not lining up perfectly with both my apps and the "badges" bothered me so I modified the background and made the dock not stretch to the bottom of the screen. The background is now visible on the top and a little bit on the bottom of the screen with some drop shadow effects. Let me know if you think this is any better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0193.png  
    Last edited by DFink; 2010-06-24 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks

You know what Dfink, you've got a great point... I didn't even consider the scenario about installation manually versus Cydia