View Poll Results: Should I charge like this for themes?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 15.93%
  • No

163 55.25%
  • Only if they are really good

85 28.81%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ubuntu Ultimate - Final Release

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    you got it installed woo. umm u just take a default icon, rotate and resize it (ctrl+T for transform) and yea save as png
    Great theme! especially once all the icons are mod'd...I think its totally cool you are only accepting requests for new doc icons, and not normal icons...who'd expect you to make icons for everyone's apps?

Thanks for the template...one thought...can you/we/I start a thread (add or link to this) for people to post their custom "normal icon" pngs? It is not much work using the template, changing the words and shrinking and rotating an icon, but i think it would make the theme more attractive if there was a repository or database of icons created by users...i have over 100+ apps, and while you already made normal icons for many of them, i bet at least half i still need to make (angry birds, words for friends etc) have been made by someone who'd share...And i'd love to share the ones I've made

thatd be amazing, i sent a email to my donators asking for icons they made so i could include them in the package, but didnt get any replys -.-

do u know of a website that allows public image addition or some sort

thatd be amazing, i sent a email to my donators asking for icons they made so i could include them in the package, but didnt get any replys -.-

do u know of a website that allows public image addition or some sort
    I'm looking into it now...I've never been a huge photo sharing person, so I'm looking into flickr, photobucket, imageshack.... but what about just as attachments to this or a new thread on modmyi.com? (testing with 2 icons now) is that against rules?

EDIT: What about facebook? i know lots of people are against FB, but its any easy way to upload images, and people could comment on them etc

EDIT: i notice that with the white background you cannot tell if the text has changed on the icons...i don't see an option to change the background of the area the attachments go in...but the bulk of the icon is the graphics, and people can just download and check it out to verify the text...

also, with this format, people can "thank" someone for their post, but there is no good rating system....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mancala-.png   -rock.png  
    Last edited by cheeto81; 2010-06-20 at 12:08 AM.

yea im not gonna do facebook, uhmm and on here it is kinda hard to see names through attachment unless theyre linked. idk i dont rly think a lot of ppl actually use this theme

yea im not gonna do facebook, uhmm and on here it is kinda hard to see names through attachment unless theyre linked. idk i dont rly think a lot of ppl actually use this theme
    You would know best since you receive the donations... thats sad, because i really like this theme a lot...nice and clean, good 3D feel, love the drop downs showing your top apps in a category with links to see entire folder...maybe you just need better promotion? have you talked to ubuntu to get sponsored/supported by them?....even if just for a link to your page?

WRT posting on this thread: even though i made the file names the same as the app, modmyi doesn't not display the filename till you hover your mouse over it... this could make searching difficult...BUT, if everyone followed the procedure of listing the app names in the body of their post, in the order they attached them(would be nice) it could make for a good sharing space...people wouldn't have to sign up for a new account (other than modmyi, which is good to make people sign up for)...you could add a link to the original UU thread to keep this new icon thread shorter and organized

I Also think this original thread should be used only for comments: praise, gripes and chit chatter)....you should create a separate thread for help and support...In your email you ask people to email you questions after looking through this thread....but there is a lot of banter and nonsense, and it can take a while to get through to the helpful stuff. My recomendation is for you to keep doing the email support route, but keep a new thread, only you can post to, adding new issues people sent you and how you solved them...this will build up to be a rather nice help file...

i.e. when i installed through cydia, it changed the iconoclasm formats for pages 1-7, but not 8, 9, 10, 11+. I didn't think that mattered since the theme is only 7 pages....however, those 8-11+pages control the layout for the categories app pages...I did not see this anywhere in this thread... if i knew you kept a dif thread for issues and solutions, only posted by you, i would have submitted this for addition to that thread. I don't know if you get a lot of emails for support, but this could reduce that.

(sorry for the rambling on...)
    Last edited by cheeto81; 2010-06-20 at 12:37 AM. Reason: typo

yeh i generally update the front post, uhmm with the latest categories update tho it uses the "uniform layout" option, and that is what i have in the plists, so unless u dont have the latest categorieSB you should be fine

yeh i generally update the front post, uhmm with the latest categories update tho it uses the "uniform layout" option, and that is what i have in the plists, so unless u dont have the latest categorieSB you should be fine
    I have categories v2.99.6-1, categoriesSB v1.7-1, iconoclasm v1.3

after installing the theme, the "Uniform layout" in iconoclasm was set to "ubuntu categories"...and per-page layout was on, and pages 1-7 where set to the right ubuntu layouts...but 8-11+ was set to something else (five-column SB (5X4)...i think)...it wasn't until changing these to "ubuntu categories) that it gave the right layout for the categories app pages

really. i dont think u got the right updated version then, because a few other had the same problem, did u get a cracked version?

either way just put on pages 11+ i guess, even though i dont have that on mine and i still have the right layout

really. i dont think u got the right updated version then, because a few other had the same problem, did u get a cracked version?

either way just put on pages 11+ i guess, even though i dont have that on mine and i still have the right layout
    of your theme? or of those apps? I had to find iconoclasm 1.3 on the interwebs cause there is a newer version on cydia, and i saw posts with problems on the new one, although i now see its been addressed?

i got it through cydia...first i had installed the trial, then once i got the key from you, i uninstalled the trial, rebooted and installed the paid version (v1.1)

i resprung and loaded the 3G profile from springback

yea u need the latest iconocalsm, 1.4.9 or 1.5 (same thing) i dont think it would even work with the old iconoclasm 1.3 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken heart View Post
    Everything works! hey Phan, I will send you the remade icons by e-mail. watch out for it!
    can you send PhanaticD the remade icons? he says he never received them...or post to this thread?

no i lied to you haha sorry i got em

update: youtube vid added
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 2010-06-21 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol good. I thought i gave them to him.

yep yep.. dang this thread is rly quiet... when i first posted a preview thread it was rly active

I try your theme . is very very nice, but i dont like the mode landscape , If you make the same thing, but in normal mode I buy the theme

sorry for my english....

Id like for a portrait version as well, but I have two problems with the theme. Some of my apps work except for my Appstore-installed ones which crash almost as soon as I try to open them. Also, when I touch Disk, the dock icons are vertical instead of horizontal and I cant hold an icon down to move them back into where they're supposed to be.

no one else has had the appstore problem, uhmm and the icon alignment is due to a outdated iconoclasm or categoriesSB. also u could fix by enabling pages 11+ to be "ubuntu categories"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

Saintzfan607 (2010-06-24)

oh okay, do you have any ideas on how I could fix it? And I know I have a outdated CategoriesSB so Ill update that

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast