Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iEscuro

Default [RELEASE] iEscuro
    June 4nd 2010

Ok so, I started on this theme about a week ago. As you can see there's lots done. I got the springboard done except the UI images. I started on it and it's a lot of work. It's taking a lot of my time and that is why I decided to release two versions of iEscuro. One will be a iEscuro Lite. It'll be FREE, though it's a WYSIWYG. That's means that you'll get the springboard: icons, wallpaper, statusbar, dock, etc. Also the lockscreen along with LockInfo. The second version, iEscuro FULL, will NOT be free, though will include EVERYTHING, a full customized theme. Native apps (SMS, Safari, etc) FULL UI, well you get what I'm saying. Also in this version I'll continue to customize most popular non-native apps, such as Categories. However, this does not mean I won't give any support on the Lite version! PLEASE post here if you encounter with any problems! I think I'm being fair, no? Well, I'm sorry if you don't agree with me. Hopefully you won't hate me for this I hope you guys enjoy the theme. It will be in Cydia tomorrow June 3rd 2010.

About the Paid version it'll cost $.99 through Cydia Store, I still don't have a release date on it.

Updates
    - Added PSD so you can use your own wallpaper.

Screenshots:

Required:Do not proceed if you don't meet these requirements.

-Categories (free)
    -infinidock ($0.99)

Other apps this theme supports that isn't required

-LockInfo (FREE)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Make sure you have my theme DEACTIVATED!!

1. Install Categories and CategoriesSB from Cydia if you haven't already.

a- Create 4 folders.
    -Games
    -Apps
    -Tools
    -System
    Make sure you spell them exactly as I have!

b- Move every applications you have in their appropriate folder. EXCEPT Contacts, Cydia, Facebook, Calendar, dTunes, Maps, Phone, Safari, Mail, SMS, Photos, Camera and iPod.

Install infinidock from Cydia if you haven't already.
    a- Place the following icons into the dock: Phone, Safari, Mail, SMS, Photos, Camera and iPod. Doesn't have to be in that order.

Install iBlank from Cydia if you haven't already and create 30 blank apps.

ATTENTION! Next step must be done right or it will not look ok!

Place 3 blank apps in the first 3 spots THEN place Contacts app.
    Do the same thing under it but place Cydia at the end.
    Same thing but place Facebook at the end.
    Once again, but place Calendar.

The actual app MUST be the last one. The second page repeat step 4 except replace the apps with either dTunes (1st row) Games(2nd) and Apps(3rd) OR Tools(1st) System(2nd) and Maps(3rd)*. There will be a total of 3 pages. It does NOT matter if you put Contacts, Cydia and Facebook on the first page, second or third. That is up to you which page you place them but they have to be together and in that order. Same thing applies to the rest of the icons on the springboard, NOT the dock. You know why if you look at the icons.

That should be everything. It is late and I apologized if I haven't made it very clear. Just post any problems here and I'll get back to you ASAP. Tomorrow, June 3rd, I'll add screenshots and make it easier.

*I know that some probably won't have the apps that the theme supports(dTunes, Facebook) I will upload a .psd tomorrow so you can create your own. OR you can request it here. Read "how to request icon" below.

NOTE:Though this is the Lite version, there will be updates to it. I'm planning on releasing a battery for it.

How to request icon

In order for me to create the icon for you I'll need the exact name of the app, i.e dTunes, iPod. Also I'll need the original icon attached to your post. And last, I'll need to know if it's the top, middle or 3rd row. Again, you know why once you look at the icons.

Requests that do not include all three information will be ignored. I'll get the icon done ASAP and reply to your post with it attached.

You can download it from the link bellow. Thank you and enjoy the theme!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by decke; 2010-06-05 at 01:09 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

babyybee (2010-06-16), metaserph (2010-06-14), togomaku (2010-06-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not post a download link here? Also there surely has to be a way to make the icons all the same without any extra canvas which Im assuming is what you are talking about when you say they are different.

Also #2 says to install infiniboard do you meant infinidock?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mob87 For This Useful Post:

decke (2010-06-03)

Yes. I meant infinidock. Thank you for that. I accidently posted without the link. It is updated though.

Maybe there is. Though I don't know of it. I'll try to look into it for future projects. Thanks.

Looks great. Can't wait for a cracked version to hit the interwebs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

I will download it and take a look.

To get the icons to work without any extra canvas all you have to do is have Five Column Springboard installed. Put 4 iblanks in a row and your icon in the middle. You would just have to do away with the rounded edges on the icons that way they can be placed in any order. You could also use infiniboard and have multiple pages. It would open up a lot more possibilities.

You could also use Iconoclasm instead of blanks.
    Last edited by mob87; 2010-06-03 at 06:46 AM.

For whatever reason it won't let me add a thumbnail to the post. If a moderator could do that I'd appreciate it.

This is so cool...elegant and minimalist...

I have the following icon requests:
    small dock icons for "Clock" "Weather" & "Settings"
    big icons for "App Store" (1st row) "Media" (1st row) "Cams" (2nd row) & "Social" (3rd row)

Also is it possible that you share the calendar frame on the SB (maybe as an Overlay)
    so that we can maybe customize the wallpaper?

THANX!

Yes, it's possible. I'll get on that and on your icons as soon as I can!

Quote Originally Posted by zumspass View Post
    This is so cool...elegant and minimalist...

I have the following icon requests:
    small dock icons for "Clock" "Weather" & "Settings"
    big icons for "App Store" (1st row) "Media" (1st row) "Cams" (2nd row) & "Social" (3rd row)

Also is it possible that you share the calendar frame on the SB (maybe as an Overlay)
    so that we can maybe customize the wallpaper?

THANX!
    DONE!

Thanks for using my theme
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldinho10 View Post
    DONE!

Thanks for using my theme
    Thanks for the quick response!

I'll be more than happy to pay for the full version once it comes out.

No problem! Thank you

Can I get a big icon for
    "Cydia" first row
    "AIM" second row
    "Calendar" third row

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

nice theme bro!
    ]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I love minimalist themes but most of them lose out on functionality. You have everything here, it's perfect. Good job!

By the way, BIG icon request for:
    Weather (first)
    Twitter (second)
    Last edited by babyybee; 2010-06-16 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost