Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Special Darque

Default Special Darque
    RELEASE!!! RELEASE!!! RELEASE!!!

Some iPod icons at the bottom of this post

ANOTHER UPDATE!!! Both versions are up and running on Cydia - FOR FREE!!! Am I crazy or what? But you know, to keep me motivated on this hobby, I wouldn't mind a little contribution from the community.

UPDATE!!! Icon Pack - added another 5 Cydia icons. Download link below...

The creator of MyPad along with the creator of Lenovo LePhone and True Weather HTC HD2 brings you...

***Please note that this was originally released in MacCiti, and the reason why the image below says MacCiti release. It was a first for MacCiti as well for this kind of theme. This is a theme that was 2 1/2 months in the making while finishing MyPad, but more derived from the original design of iLaunch - a sister of MyPad - that blossomed to this.***

With 2 weather options selectable in WinterBoard!

It’s another 1-page theme with lesser Categories folder all accessible from the Dock! All AppStore icons will auto-generate to minimize icon requests. This theme is the sister of MyPad, so most of its UI’s are derived from there. However, to separate it from MyPad, it comes with additional UI’s and a few more custom UI’s. Not a “complete” theme like iFusion, but it’s mostly complete. I just feel that some aren’t worth touching for what it has to offer. This is designed specifically for InfiniBoard, a minimal feature, but a useful one. The Main Page has 6 “Easy Access” buttons. 4 of which can be hidden by sliding the InfiniBoard down. It gives you the feeling of having a “sliding qwerty”.

Special thanks to my Beta Team – i*C, Chris, monty, mroberts 531, adlyr, Slate 004, zausser, and Scotty P. Also a very huge and special thank you goes to Alien 1974. If it wasn’t for him, this theme would’ve taken a different approach. He is the master mind behind the widgets, and especially the Weather used for this theme.

***Disclaimer for both Animated Weather and Non Animated Weather versions***

DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

•This theme requires Categories SB, InfiniBoard, and InfiniDock - all paid apps. If you do not have any of those and are not planning on purchasing them, then this theme will not work to its full potential. If you are planning on at least purchasing Categories SB, there may be a chance that you can use this theme. See Set -up Guide for details. Battery life will fluctuate depending on usage for the Animated Weather version, but please note that any theme that has animation will drain your battery much faster than normal, and it all depends on usage. The animation is set to a 10 second pause before it restarts all over. Though the gap is long between animations, I found it easier on the battery life. There may be some lag issues on both 2G and 3G devices for the Animated Weather version, but this may all depend on what substrates you have. However, it’s been tested by people who have different devices and substrates, with and without SuperCharged, and has been approved without any issues on 2G, 3G, and 3GS devices. Also, the UISounds is very loud! I can't get it to lower the volume. My suggestion is to keep it a minimum.

LEGAL

By downloading this file and SSH’ing it to your device, you are agreeing to the following:

•Special Darque and its images are for use on your iDevice.
    •You have the right to modify any contents for your personal use.
    •All postings of any modifications can only be posted in Macciti and ModMyi and only in its respective threads.
    •Any modifications to make this a better theme must be shared and approved by me prior to your posting.
    •Any approved modifications will be added to the original file to be shared with everyone.
    •The use of Special Darque or any of its images/contents cannot be used in any theme release/modification without the proper authorization of its creators (myself and Alien1974).

Now that the disclaimer is done, I just want to let you guys know that both animated and non-animated versions are being released for FREE!!! Because of the battery drain issue even with the longer pause on the animated version, I believe it isn’t fair for someone to pay for something that has a drawback on battery life. However, the main issue for both versions being free is because the creator, Alien1974, never sold his theme with the same animated and non-animated versions. So why should I sell it even though he said he’s fine with it, and knowingly that he will get a portion of the pot? I just feel that it isn’t fair at all. So please enjoy this free theme once again. I will be learning how to code on my own using whatever materials I currently have, and will be coming up with the next theme sometime after 4.0 jailbreak as a paid theme!

Included with the package:

•Folders for the Slave theme, Animated (AW) version, and Non-Animated (NAW) version
    •Optional Animated folder for the AW with a longer 15 second pause
    •PSD’s Launch icons
    •PSD’s for the “honeycomb” wallpaper (both plain and Main Wallpaper)
    •SDSettings – this is is the SBSettings for Special Darque
    •TTF for Sony EF Sketch

I think you’ve read long enough! Enjoy the screen shots, follow the set-up guide, don’t forget about the disclaimer, and download link is at the bottom of this post! And remember, if I deserve more than a “Thank You” button, please consider a donation, and the little button is in my signature.

Abstract, nature, wet, or dry... you want something different on your wallpaper? You can use your own WITH or WITHOUT the "widget block"! However, this is only good for the NAW version.

SET-UP GUIDE FOR SPECIAL DARQUE

For this theme to work properly, you will need to have the following essentials:

•BlankNull
    •Categories SB (paid app – mandatory)
    •Clock Hide
    •Five Column SpringBoard
    •FiveIRow
    •FontSwap (optional)
    •iBlank
    •InfiniBoard (paid app – mandatory)
    •InfiniDock (paid app – mandatory)
    •SBSettings
    •WinterBoard

If you are currently using a WinterBoard theme, please make sure to turn it off, including getting rid of any existing Categories folders, before you set up.

STEP 1

1)Create 6 folders using Categories SB and create them in this order:
    •Apps
    •Finance
    •Games
    •Media
    •Surf
    •Tools

2)Do not exit Categories SB once you’re done creating the needed folders. Make sure you leave out the following Apps while setting up the folders:
    •Calendar
    •Clock
    •iPod
    •Mail
    •MMS (Messages)
    •Phone
    •Safari
    •Settings
    •Weather

3)When setting up your folders, start from the easiest. Use the template below as an example.
    •Games – any games you have whether it’s from the AppStore or Cydia.
    •Tools – any Cydia apps go in this folder.
    •Media – music, photo, and video apps related. Simple as that.
    •Surf – any apps that you use to surf anything – Google, Yelp, Yellow pages, or any Social network… those kinds of apps.
    •Finance – any apps that has to do with purchasing and any bank or financial apps go in here.
    •Apps – any apps that do not belong anywhere else. This is also called your “overflow” folder. Dump them in here.
    •If you are going to create a Recent folder, leave it empty. However, it is not necessary. Plus I did not include a Recent icon.

STEP 2

After organizing your folders, go back to the Main screen of Categories SB. If you have already closed it, just open it back up. You need to click on Manage Folders and Edit. A delete option should show on the left column of all the Folders. Click on the arrow on the right and it should take you to “Prefs for:”. You should see the settings for Appearance and General. Under appearance, turn on “Use Background Image”. The background I used for the folders doesn’t have a Title Bar, so if you wish to have your folders titled, turn on “Show Titlebar”. If you would like each page to animate, you can choose to turn this feature “On”. You can play around with it to see what fits your “lifestyle”. Once you’re done, click on “Apply to All Categories”. A window will pop up confirming of the actions taken… Select “Yes” to continue then exit.

STEP 3

Now that we have taken care of the folders, you should only be left with the icons you’re supposed to leave out plus the folders you have created.

Create 21 iBlanks and make sure you have 5 in Page 2. There is a reason for this madness. I found it easier to set up the InfiniBoard for the Main page. Set up your Main page like how it is shown below:

Make sure that all created folders are placed in the Dock, organized however you wish. Once you have set up your icons, drag the 5 iBlanks from Page 2 one by one, placing them in the column after the Weather app. If you did it correctly, you should have the 4th row with nothing but iBlanks, the 5th row with Settings in column 1 and Safari in column 5, and the 5th row before the iBlanks in the 6th row hidden behind the Dock.

NOTE: if you have at least Categories SB, you can just set up without the use of InfiniBoard and InfiniDock. However, using without those means two things.

1)Without InfiniBoard, you won’t be able to scroll your Main Page up and down to hide the Phone, Mail, Messages, and iPod. It will be just like how it is pictured above. In that case, only create 16 iBlanks.
    2)Without InfiniDock, you can use a 6-Icon Dock. The downside is the Dock icons are not measured for a 6-Icon Dock. This means that there may be chances of the Dock Icons overlapping.

Your choice…

STEP 4

In the download folder, you will find 3 important folders:

•SD NAW (widgets for non-animated)
    •SD AW (widgets for animated)
    •SD Slave (main theme with no widgets)

SSH all 3 folders into your device under var/stash/Themes. Open your WinterBoard and make sure that all 3 are at the top of the list and at the same order as you see above. Check off the main theme along with whichever version you want to see on your device and just re-spring.

Why did I package it this way? If I package the widgets with the theme, the AW version will be over 40MB while the NAW will be at over 30MB. That’s a total of over 70MB for both themes. Having it the way I packaged it will minimize space – all 3 folders around 42 MB.

Now, if the AW version is too much of a battery killer for you even at a 10 second pause, All you have to do is uncheck it and select the NAW version. And if you want to show off the animation to your family and friends, then just go back to the AW version. Simple as that.

STEP 5

If the 10 second pause is still too much drainage for you you don't like switching from AW to NAW all the time, in the package, I’ve included a folder named Animated for the AW version with a 15 second pause. This longer pause between animation will last you longer than the 10 second one of course. But if you really wish to see the animation more frequently, then you don't need this longer pause. And if it does bother you that much, then just switch to the NAW version. So in case you decide to change the original package, here is how. SSH the folder in var/stash/Themes/SD AW/Weather/Icon Sets. Then just re-spring and you’re all set for the next step.

STEP 6

If you noticed, I had FontSwap as an option. That is because if you don’t mind having 2 different fonts (System Fonts and Special Darque Fonts), then you don’t really need it. But if you want everything to match, and you don’t have FontSwap, then go ahead and download it from Cydia. It’s a free app so you don’t have to worry about additional “out of pocket” expense. The Font I’m using is called Sony EF Sketch and you can find this at iPhoneRuler.

To get the repo source, follow the steps below:

•Go to Cydia/Manage/Sources
    •Press Edit, then press Add
    •Type in apt.iphoneruler.net/
    •Look for Sony EF Sketch and download it

Once downloaded, open up your FontSwap and select the options you want your new Font to show.

STEP 7

Are you enjoying that anmation or the huge weather image yet? I hope so. Now you will need to change your location. You will need iFile to do this from your device or a Note Pad Editor in your Mac/PC.

>> iFile Users:

•Open up iFile and go to var/stash/Themes/SD AW (and SD NAW)/Widgets/Configs/Weather-Configs.js
    •Edit this file and go to the bottom location as shown below and change your Zip Code.

•Save the file and exit iFile.

>> Non-iFile users:

One thing about doing it this way is that if you have already SSH’d the folders in your device you will need to re-SSH it again after editing it. If you do not have and Note Pad Editor, you can Bing or Google for a free download. I use Edit Pad Lite on my PC, if anyone cares.

•Go to your Mac/PC and open up your editor.
    •Go to your download file and open up the folders one at a time (SD AW and SD NAW).
    •Follow the steps from iFile users.
    •Save the file then SSH the whole folder in your device overriding the older one.

Once you’re done with everything, just re-spring and enjoy your new toy! Now, if you are having issues with some of the AppStore apps not themeing, you will need to download iWipeCache from Cydia and run it while this theme is on.

A small side note for InfiniBoard users:

To access the Calendar, Clock, and Weather apps with InfiniBoard, please make sure that your icons are in the “normal” InfiniBoard position, meaning the 6th row should be hidden for the above apps to be aligned with the widgets.

DOWNLOAD LINK!!!

Icon Pack v1.2

For your iPod Touch

I only made 2 icons to replace the Phone and the Messages (MMS) icons. For the Music icon, please rename the iPod icon. The replacement for the Phone will be YouTube and for the Messages will be Video. Do not intertwine the placement of the icons because they are in a fixed position. So please follow the guide. They are not the best, but it covers iPod support.

YouTube:

Video (2 options to choose from):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -musicandyoutube.png  
    Last edited by gundom; 2010-06-11 at 08:37 AM.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/GunDom66/thumbs_132075-worn-cloth-icon-alpha.png

Twitter: gundom66

MyPad and Special Darque are free themes. A little thank you with the "Thank You" button is sufficient. No donations necessary...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gundom For This Useful Post:

artsa24 (2010-06-20), BillSplate (2010-06-17), Bo Troxell (2010-06-02), ibrokeit (2010-06-10), jayk31 (2010-06-17), k.nitsua (2010-06-03), mtnguy321 (2010-06-03), PhanaticD (2010-06-10), sandvine (2010-06-15), teresaync (2010-06-03), TRUCKINLOW (2010-06-03), Tub2007 (2010-06-04), Xenontac (2010-06-05), yusuf530i (2010-06-03), zausser (2010-06-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty good. I almost skipped past it cuz there was no thumnail.

I'm trying to add a thumbnail, but I can't seem to find the thumbnail box and I can't remember what I did with MyPad weeks ago.
    Last edited by gundom; 2010-06-02 at 09:31 PM.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/GunDom66/thumbs_132075-worn-cloth-icon-alpha.png

MyPad and Special Darque are free themes. A little thank you with the "Thank You" button is sufficient. No donations necessary...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit your first post then click Go Advanced then manage attachments and upload a picture.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mob87 For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-02), norizan (2010-06-03)

I will need to do this at home. I can't upload from my work pc and the photobucket thumbnail is not being accepted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

dude boss it up much?
    u and alien just made this amaazing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Beautiful theme, wow, Very impressed. Just downloaded it and the amount and quality of work is amazing. Love it.

Changed your title too, well deserved.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-06-02 at 10:19 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-02), norizan (2010-06-03)

Thanks Battle. I was going to release this with the widgets from MyPad. But after Alien posted the Animated Weather, I had just had to ask and he complied. So he worked on the widgets while I finished up the rest. It was only 3 weeks ago when I finalized with him on how the widgets were going to be placed at. And it worked well! 2 weeks he worked on the widgets, 1 week beta... 3 weeks to finish up from 80% altogether was well worth it and really non-stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Beautiful theme, wow, Very impressed. Just downloaded it and the amount and quality of work is amazing. Love it.

Changed your title too, well deserved.
    Oh wow! After 2 themes, I'm an official Theme Creator. Thank you so much blkcadi!

Just so everyone knows, I'm done with the layout on my 3rd theme and waiting approval on the widgets, but I'm wondering if I should wait until JB 4.0 or continue with it. The UI's will be in a different color and may end up doing a 2-pager (Main+Easy Access for Page0 and Apps/Overflow for Page1). So it will be almost starting from scratch. It may take me 2 to 3 months with the kind of time I have with my family.

So should I wait for the official JB 4.0 or continue?
    Last edited by gundom; 2010-06-02 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gundom For This Useful Post:

norizan (2010-06-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I added an attachment from one of the pics you had. I saw that you were trying to get it done.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-03), norizan (2010-06-03)

Thank you so much again blkcadi. I will repay you for this someday. Thank you again. Now it doesn't look so plain.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

continue with the theme.,

setting this up now,
    wow

First off, I want to thank everyone who have downloaded and currently trying this theme.

Please give some feedback on this so I know what I can do to make a better theme the next time. The layout for the 3rd theme has been complete and I will resume work after a 2 week break. I wanna be able to incorporate something from this since all my work feels like it's still kindergarten work. Thank you again for the support.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gundom For This Useful Post:

norizan (2010-06-03)

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundom View Post
    I wanna be able to incorporate something from this since all my work feels like it's still kindergarten work..
    You are wrong,your themes are one of the kind,very detailed.Your first theme (MyPad) give True HTC a special touch to the UI.
    Congrats on the release of this theme.
    Sorry i didnt replyed sooner.I see you have a new title (Theme Creator)...Thumbs up,you deserve it.

love the chicks on the video screen...what video is that...lol
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-06-03 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-03), norizan (2010-06-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mootdip's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks great!!!
    Now I can't decide which theme to install

set up and working, amazing them.

Q - there is a little red dot on the screen, what is that for and where is it supposed to be?

nice theme. the UI is excellent.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to yusuf530i For This Useful Post:

gundom (2010-06-03)

I like it,very nice!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me byron686's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the best setup for infiniboard for the theme

Byron

Okay guys, I just woke up. Running a little late for work. Remind me not to stay up late tonight.

@Alien - thank you my friend. I dunno man, it still feels like everything is kindergarten work. I need to expand my knowledge in Photoshop some more. And I'm glad that I was able to help you out on the HTC theme. That thread is still kickin'!!!

@big_chunut - that little red dot is your notification. The only downside I see on the set up is the use of FCSB and the way I had to position both Mail and Messages in the canvas. When the notification is showing on the Mail, it's right on top of it instead of being on the side. But don't have a choice but to do it that way. I didn't wanna go back to Iconoclasm no matter how many people told me to use the 1.3 because it's the safest. After what I went through, no way am I going back.

@byron - my set up doesn't "bounce".

Thank you again for trying this theme out. And it looks like it has gotten a better response than my firt one - MyPad.

What do i alter in order to move the time down in the box slightly, it touches the top & i think it would look better abit lower?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast