Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the NEW "OFFICIAL WORST THEME OF THE WEEK" thread!

^considering this is your first post id say your in the wrong forum but welcome to MMi.
    You need to realize though that ModMyi is a premier theming community where all of the best themers are. If someone wants to submit an amatuer theme theres a better place for those themes and its enthusiasts like you - iPodTouchFanForums: iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans

yeah, dont spank the monkey!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

Bar1no (2010-05-29)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^considering this is your first post id say your in the wrong forum but welcome to MMi.
    You need to realize though that ModMyi is a premier theming community where all of the best themers are. If someone wants to submit an amatuer theme theres a better place for those themes and its enthusiasts like you - iPodTouchFanForums: iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad forum - Multi-Touch Fans
    SnowLeo: You do realize that MMi has some of the worst offenders in the repo, right? It's not like MMi is a stranger to bad themes, although I say MacCity has more than its fair share of good ones (some of Krs's stuff) as well as some of the worst.

Heck, MacThemes has mostly icon-based themes.. so no need to start pointing fingers, although I will state MacCiti will take just about anything theme-wise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarlath For This Useful Post:

Bar1no (2010-05-29)

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

@Bar1no
    did you read the first post of this tread,anyone can post what they think is the worst theme of the week,sorry for touching your feelings,but this thread is for that,you can post my themes here if you want.
    The monkey is in almost every icon,bad move.A banana for a battery,please...
    As I said,I know that the first theme we make is 100% crap,but A MONKEY,come on...lol
    read the first pages of this thread and you will know this theme have evrything to go in the worst monkey ...mmm ...theme ever made...

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    @Bar1no
    did you read the first post of this tread,anyone can post what they think is the worst theme of the week,sorry for touching your feelings,but this thread is for that,you can post my themes here if you want.
    The monkey is in almost every icon,bad move.A banana for a battery,please...
    As I said,I know that the first theme we make is 100% crap,but A MONKEY,come on...lol
    read the first pages of this thread and you will know this theme have evrything to go in the worst monkey ...mmm ...theme ever made...
    @Alien1974 oh sounds like i struck a nerve, do you know who Paul frank is dude? He's not just "a monkey" and yes it is a bad theme. I can admit its quite bad hopefully they make it better in the future...

not everybody is a premier theme developer like you and I've seen a lot worse come out of modmyi...
    Last edited by Bar1no; 2010-05-29 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yea,modmyi have a lot of crappy themes,thats is this thread is for,to post modmyis worst themes.
    (it still a monkey)...lol

People should come here first before they post a theme,and see if it fits.
    I didnt make any good comments cus,I dont now how to make one good comment in a monkey theme.
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-05-29 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok... you think that is bad look at this one

ModMyi.com | Alec\'s Theme
    Or Alec\'s Theme in cydia...

Barely any work was put into it... only three apps were changed in any way and the only other change was a slider bar... and backgrounds... That's it... completely it... nothing else... at all...

@SnowLeo: ^ Was this developed by one of your premier modmyi theme developers?
    Last edited by Bar1no; 2010-05-29 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Modmyi have a lot of crappy theme,but also the best ones are from here.
    Modmyi is like the Metropolis of themes,and as all metropolis,bad apples comes in.

Uh... I kinda like the ferrari one. The icons actually look pretty nice. I think if you really want to show the worst themes you can just have like a link to the ipodtouchfans theming section lmao
    i freaking laughed so hard when I read this I woke my baby up hahahhaha.

um...Ok, I don't like to be mean but...idk he could of spent more time on this...

At Rock for $1.50

Product Description
    Jeweld is a mostly complete theme that is not only sleek and beautiful but also very original. This is the first theme Xbins00, and I (claytkeefer) have created. We hope you enjoy and use it regularly. If you need icons made be sure to email me and I will create all of them in 1-2 days and then include them in future updates.

Features:
    -Auto created icons for every app on the AppStore (be sure to delete your cache)
    -Icons are a very original, octagon shape
    -Panoramic light streak wallpaper
    -Complete iPod, Safari, and SMS skins
    -Custom loading screens for most popular apps

Upcoming Features:
    -More complete overall
    -Complete Phone, and Calculator
    -SBSettings Theme
    -More icons

Edit: I think if this thread is going to continue there needs to be a few rules...or lack there of..
    I mean, of course some people are going to get heated. Imo, there should not be warnings/infractions given in this thread.

This thread could be good and helpful to other developers to spend some time on their theme's before they are posted, and maybe clean up MMI so that people would not want to post "garbage"

But it could also be very bad...
    Last edited by JayQuint87; 2010-05-29 at 04:11 PM.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Thanks

As long as rules are followed , then no one should get an infraction , rules are updated on the first page

Quote Originally Posted by Bar1no View Post
    Ok... you think that is bad look at this one

ModMyi.com | Alec\'s Theme
    Or Alec\'s Theme in cydia...

Barely any work was put into it... only three apps were changed in any way and the only other change was a slider bar... and backgrounds... That's it... completely it... nothing else... at all...

@SnowLeo: ^ Was this developed by one of your premier modmyi theme developers?
    gonna agree with you on this theme as well...and the paul frank theme was bad too...had to delete his screenshots cuz it had a dirty pirate monkey icon but yea

please people no insulting each other tho...
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-29 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

rulez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuint87 View Post
    i freaking laughed so hard when I read this I woke my baby up hahahhaha.

um...Ok, I don't like to be mean but...idk he could of spent more time on this...

Edit: I think if this thread is going to continue there needs to be a few rules...or lack there of..
    I mean, of course some people are going to get heated. Imo, there should not be warnings/infractions given in this thread.

This thread could be good and helpful to other developers to spend some time on their theme's before they are posted, and maybe clean up MMI so that people would not want to post "garbage"

But it could also be very bad...
    this isnt a bad theme he posted hit here before

i will enter my first theme from years ago...argh!!! Fugly!! hahahaa

iBOX Series FREE iPhone Themes
    Don't be shy to hit the Donate button if you like what you see

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10914106

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    this isnt a bad theme he posted hit here before
    i didnt say it was a bad theme, he just could of spent a bit more time on it.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY View Post
    i will enter my first theme from years ago...argh!!! Fugly!! hahahaa

not the worst ive ever seen, but that isnt very good. lol

Thanks

yea that orange theme is ok, needs work and someone really has to love orange for that matter as well but its not the ketchup theme...

Can I nominate the "Simply Clear" theme, which appears to be a single transparent icon renamed to fit every icon requested, which sells for $0.99 in Rock?

Simply Clear - Rock Your Phone

Heck, the whole concept's not new either - TheAppleTree created "Reveal" years ago, and now some asshat's selling it.

There's also that "Fallout" theme which enigma3gs seems to have stolen the icons from Mudlurk's PipBoy3000 theme along with the wallpaper, then took the status bar, calculator, and loading screens from Cobalt Premium.

And incidentally, did anyone else notice that See-Thru by tozza1000's being sold via the ModMyI repo? Using the same icons that got the thread closed before?
    Last edited by Jarlath; 2010-05-30 at 08:40 AM.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

icons didn't get the thread closed it was the UI and the ipad theme that got it closed. icons were his own. Wonder if he changed the rest must go look now

They looked like the same screenshots from before.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast