Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evolution OS3

Default Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthomp001 View Post
    Would like to create my own icons from the template, but can't seem to get them to work. Is there a good tutorial for the OS3 icons? I can't find a way to paste the new png file. I am a novice with photoshop - using CS5. Thanks
    Tutorial (quick and durty )

first we open the template Icons EOS3 in Adobe (i am using CS2 Vers. 9 (german)).

we should see something like

lets say we need a image for Speedboat. as i personaly find the icon from Speedboat for iPhone boring i will use google image search!
    now that i we found a nice image, we make shure we have it in best resolution available...
    we just click it with the right mouse button and chose copy image (i am using firfox).

next we paste the image to photoshop... we can use the keyboard short cut [strg] + [v]

then we pull the image to the location where we need it...

next we bring our image to the desired size... to make shure the image stays in the right format we click the image so that it outlines the image and then click on the lock icon

we position the image link just a bit from the left corner and half over the start button on the right.

next we pull the overlay (layershape) we need for the rounded corner and to make our image fit in nicely

from the PS image where it has been as we opend the tutorial file...
    to the imagelayer we have our speedboat in!

as we see the powerboat fits in just sweet *grrrrr*
    next we finish our image of with a few effects
    so we click on the image with the effects an just chose (copy layer style)

and past the style in to our image layer...
    it should look like

after you have pasted the layerstyle it should look like

the finished icon looks like

we save the image in adobe for webpage and chose PNG-24 and name the icon the same as the image on the springboard...

and the final image for iphone

copy the icon to
    iPhone folders\*yourphonename*\Library\Themes\Evolution OS3.theme\Icons
    and respring

DjIcE75
    Last edited by djice75; 2010-08-15 at 10:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djice75 For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-08-20), jokawild (2010-08-17)

Hi is there a way to use this theme without the weather widget for iOS 4.0.1 Thank you for reading

Hi! Im amking a theme based on your idea! Is that ok? If not, ill not release it.

That would be awesome!! keep me updated

@amibo thanks so much for the other app icons. i really wish i was much better with ps so i didnt have to keep asking for app icons but ill stick to what i do best which is overclocking, osx86 project and fixing computers and ill leave this to the professionals lol. but if u get a chance i would love an icon for:

filterstorm
    techron2go
    gasbuddy

once again thanks man for all your artistic talent. keep up the great work and generousity

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

i noticed that infiniboard works on ios4 now. will this theme work now? (i'm on 4.0.1 3gs)
    The General has landed

I cant erange icon in raw pleae tell me for that sir

Thanks

I just noticed that you used my youtube video. I feel a little famous. LMAO... i know you said ( in bold print) that the theme isnt compatible with ios4, but i gotta give a shot anyway...
    The General has landed

I just finished throwing this on OS4 and it works fine except for weather.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dmbsituation For This Useful Post:

shitaki (2010-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by dmbsituation View Post
    I just finished throwing this on OS4 and it works fine except for weather.
    Is it possible to get this iOS4 version yet and is it possible to use blue metals another weather widget in his signature theme for ios4 and of course give credits to him?

I installed os3 that I purchased and it worked like a champ

Thanks

has anyone noticed that when making icons for websites that you saved to your homescreen that they don't show up? i'm on ios4, and every icon i made works except the ones that were saved to my home screen from safari.
    The General has landed

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    Hi! Im amking a theme based on your idea! Is that ok? If not, ill not release it.
    So I have no copyright on the evolution series concept. LOL As long as you don't use parts of this theme and make your own style you're wellcome.

@djice: thanks. Saving the icons as png-24 is not needed,simply save them as png as they are.

@all: infiniboard works now.
    1. What is not working is the weather. You can deleted all widgets files and add the seperate magic-widget of "Signature" and fit fontzizes and position.
    2. Per-page wallpapers (for this theme I use it for the top page titels) still don't work.
    3. Specific things of ios 4 (folderbackground, icon shadows) and so on are no themed.
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-08-20 at 11:38 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

shitaki (2010-08-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    So I have no copyright on the evolution series concept. LOL As long as you don't use parts of this theme and make your own style you're wellcome.

@djice: thanks. Saving the icons as png-24 is not needed,simply save them as png as they are.

@all: infiniboard works now.
    1. What is not working is the weather. You can deleted all widgets files and add the seperate magic-widget of "Signature" and fit fontzizes and position.
    2. Per-page wallpapers (for this theme I use it for the top page titels) still don't work.
    3. Specific things of ios 4 (folderbackground, icon shadows) and so on are no themed.
    I was wondering how to make your magic-widget from Signature "fit fontzizes ( did you mean font sizes?) and position* like any tutorial please Thank you for all your hard work! Can't wait for your incoming themes!

I tried this theme on iOS4 but the icons in the multi-tasking bar overlap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amitaf View Post
    I tried this theme on iOS4 but the icons in the multi-tasking bar overlap.
    disable multitaskin in cydia and just use backgrounder
    The General has landed

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

So yes, i forgot the multitasking bar problem ! Makes it nearly impossible to use this theme with ios4, except you kill apples multitasking with a cydia tweak and use backgrounder instead. Thanks for the tip mr.4stars.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

mister4stars (2010-08-25)

Hi Bluemetal, how could I resize your magic-weather widget from Signature to make it fit this theme for iOS4? Thank you

Wait... BlueMetal, you made Evolution!? I thought it was Reeco or something.

If possible could anyone help me with these icon requests
    Calendar(Cause I am using iOS4 Wim66 widget which fits perfectly (Props to Wim66!)
    Clock(Same reason as above lol)
    Free Wi-Fi
    gpSPhone
    Stealth
    Tonepad Pro
    Doodlejump
    Ace Attorney
    Sorry if these icons are in the earlier posts but thanks for helping out!
    If you want Wim66 weather/clock widget for iOS3 and iOS4 http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-3...3-iphone4.html (Thanks again Wim66)

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast