Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evolution OS3

BLUE this is AMAZING,

May I add some small opinions?(And this is purely personal)

1. The "3Dness" of the start button is slightly overpowering the sleek "double-decked" style of the icon panel itself. Maybe have it more flat?

2. The inner glow you have on the icon image itself sometimes get to contrasting with the image. maybe if you changed the color from yellow to white it could generalize it more?

3. Also the gloss layer over the image is, in my opinion, too strong opacity. With EOS2 it was more faint and the colors of the image could be seen clearer. This gloss makes it more washed out imo.

3. And this is just a suggestion, what really caught me in EOS2 was the ever so light transparency that gave it that stylish elevated feel like you're scrolling air. (Please i know this sound completely stupid but if i could use the analogy, when comparing flicking soft feathers to panels of metal) This is an aesthetics point that would really come down to your preference. Maybe an option for both?

I REALLY don't want to sound like a ****** who is criticizing your brilliant work. I am proud to say this EOS series is my all time favorite theme available. It is both unique, sleek, elegant and allows me to say, "**** you Steve i do what i want" - being that i despise him. I am extremely happy that you removed the rather pointless text for each icon like "Read and write your emails". This should both save you time as well as make the theme look better.

Overall i felt that i must share my opinion because of how much i love this theme, and whatever you decide im sure will win us all over no matter what.

peace

Troy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to unoimkll For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-05-23)

Can you put the clock and calendar together in the dock?

The theme is amazing but I still find it hard to switch to a theme where I can not readily access phone/text/email... maybe make the three together on one button? Oh well its still a really nice theme and would love to try.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whoadizzle For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-05-23)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Thanks for critics and ideas.

So
    - maybe i make three or four buttons for the dock.
    - i plan to bring the weather on the widget-bar
    - ill make no analog clock as its cpu hungry and a digital clock looks better for this style.

Last edited by Blue; 2010-05-23 at 12:47 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-05-23)

yes it looks awesome, you should keep on working on it Good work as usual...

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Blue, you are a Theme Master !!!!

This looks so Sweet !!!
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

Looks awesome man if you need help with the weather let me know and i'll make the widgets for you before I leave. Photoshop what you want it to look like and I'll make it. It's the least I can do for ya

Thanks

Thank you. So the weather is no problem, but the clock/date, im not sure, but would say to make both right alligned and want the font "Trebuchet MS".
    Postition, opacity and font size can be changed by me, but i never understand this "center", "righ alligned" and such things and found no font-style

Here is the widget and how it looks so far. Maybe i played too much with it and you should better just start with the eos2 widget:

This is whats planned: i need some space on the right of the clock for the calendar button too:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-05-23 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    Thank you. So the weather is no problem, but the clock/date, im not sure, but would say to make both right alligned and want the font "Trebuchet MS".
    Postition, opacity and font size can be changed by me, but i never understand this "center", "righ alligned" and such things and found no font-style

Here is the widget and how it looks so far. Maybe i played too much with it and you should better just start with the eos2 widget:

This is whats planned: i need some space on the right of the clock for the calendar button too:

i got a few birthday parties today I'll get started on this tonight and tomorrow I got an Idea I think you will like it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to holdemdogg For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-05-23)

Thanks

Fine. Don't hurry. Its WIP

still loving EOS2 but it's sure I will buy this also! the alu-style is perfect

btw: loved the first font of clock (you posted) better, the widget bar looks awesome.
    in case you need some testing, or make some icons for you, just drop a pm

15. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-05-23)

The general feeling seems to be F**K YEAH!!

the icons look good but heres my opinion
    I think when all icons are lined up on one page the Start icon in the middle will really stick out like a sore thumb and will look too repetitive and over power the icons

sexy theme bro!!

can't wait to get a iPhone (4G)
    iBOX Series FREE iPhone Themes
    Don't be shy to hit the Donate button if you like what you see

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10914106

Thanks

@henftling: the first font was photoshopped, the iphone does not have that font.
    But the clock font will change for sure and maybe all icon fonts too. But i must see whats possible on the iphone or if i could add a new font to the theme, never did that...

@snowmanc: So, the start buttons are beautiful i think and when i made some more icons i can test the look of them on a whole screen...we will see, at this time of development everything can be changed quickly.

@Hockey: So the next iPhone will have another screen resolution, you know what that means for our themes: many work !
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-05-23 at 11:17 PM.

Damn this is tight!

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

cool.
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks

Just a little appetizer
    1. As you can see the widget is still WIP and will change. Just wanted to test if i can bring the weather on it.
    The clock will/can move to this window or whatever holdemdogg has for me.
    2. I made other nice things like this double-high status bar, the page title moves to the middle of this bar, a calendar button inside the clock window and more things will come...

Last edited by Blue; 2010-05-24 at 08:09 PM.

Really impressed with it so far really digging the look.

Thanks

thanks, i give my best and it looks amazing on my phone

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

jeffnmistie (2010-05-25)

Very impressive yet again

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast