Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LEAKING] To those who find it acceptable...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

^ best would be mods which just CAN'T be used without the original theme. u get me? so it would look half-half or something?
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

How do u suckfat farts
    lol. I love ifusion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-05-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

@maarten--i get what you're saying -- my theme is a little over 30mb as it is, so i couldn't add the color mods in the theme without tipping the scale, but figured that listing them as individual add-ons would give people a chance to test it out as a "lite" version so to speak in hopes that they'd buy the full theme... hasn't worked out that way so far...

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    How do u suckfat farts
    lol. I love ifusion
    i honestly don't want to know, and encourage anyone who does to keep it to themselves -- i'd probably check with some of the mods over at xsellize...

and thanks Battle -- I'm trying like hell to get the theme out there so people can see that it's not that bad for a lowly first-timer
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-05-23 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TC, first-timer or not, your work is definitely NOT "lowly" of any kind, and your theme rocks Classic Metallica. Just saying...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-05-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

ya dont say that.

u dont no how good it is

hey hey hey guiz, I'VE GOT AN IDEA

let's send all those pirates...

a strongly worded letter

that'll show them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    TC, first-timer or not, your work is definitely NOT "lowly" of any kind, and your theme rocks Classic Metallica. Just saying...
    i've never thought about it that way but it's perfect! It is TOTALLY classic 'tallica!! I must have been channeling from my younger days
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-05-25 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2010-05-23), TCcentex (2010-05-23), TRUCKINLOW (2010-05-23)

i am thinking of offering the use of private repos for themers that offers protection, anyone would be interested in that?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-05-23)

clever. but how do we keep that under wraps ? how can we protect it!

u give people access keys for example "relentlessdan.key" and they have to put that file in their /User/ directory or they will not be able to download the theme. and if they share that key publicly then you can change it so that if you have that particular key and u try to update it will not only not let you use the theme but also delete the existing one.

it is not bulletproof at all but it may cut down on some stealing

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

Maarten16 (2010-05-23), metaserph (2010-05-23), TCcentex (2010-05-23)

Sounds like an interesting method of distribution that also helps deter piracy. Nice!

that's a good one phanatic! buy will it slow actual sales down? since appsidy died I find it rather tasking to get something on cydia store. it's just abit more clicks I know, but still.. and if there is a better way to like not only to like slow down these pirates but actually weed them out it'll be great. like request for a little additional info when purchasing the theme so as to keep a tab..? maybe?

@blkadi
    hah!! thread jacker!
    Last edited by thetjshow; 2010-05-23 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lol, u guys are sounding more like apple, att, etc everyday
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 2010-05-23 at 07:40 PM.

haa we do

but how do these keys work. what states what keys to use ? surely anyone could just find what key they need from the list and change their key to that.

and if people publicly distribute it how do you stop them from using it ?

Waisted energy. Your talking about a market that has jailbroken their iPhone. I'm nit saying that everyone who jb is a pirate but it is a pirated market. You release it someone will share their booty. The only answer is don't make themes or just do it for the enjoyment or live with the pirates, afterall you came through the sane door. Those people aren't going to pay for it anyways. In fact if it were free, many of them wouldn't even want it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-05-23)

Thanks

you're very correct Flops - i think most of us are just hoping to deter it a little so that the average Joe (no pun intended) can't pirate some of the elite themes without having to put a lot of work into it...

That's just it though, that's what makes it worthwhile for them. The satisfaction of outsmarting. Classic cat and mouse. The only true way to benefit, if that's what u want, is to just charge more and the honest averge Joe will pay for it. We all pay more because if shoplifters, loss is built into the price. Again, do it for the love of it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2010-05-23), TCcentex (2010-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    That's just it though, that's what makes it worthwhile for them. The satisfaction of outsmarting. Classic cat and mouse. The only true way to benefit, if that's what u want, is to just charge more and the honest averge Joe will pay for it. We all pay more because if shoplifters, loss is built into the price. Again, do it for the love of it.
    couldn't agree wih you more... and doing it because we love it is probably the base motivation of all these efforts -- it's hard not to take it personally....

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast