Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 503

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [LEAKING] To those who find it acceptable...

  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    can you make me a giraffe?

    sorry but this just make my day end on positive note...lol

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsontripod View Post
    So I was updating Cydia today and I noticed that there's a trial version of Eight OS. So I did a search and found there to be a full version available on xsellize as well. So I thought to myself "trial version for free or full version for free"? Hm. That's a tough one.
    The full release hasnt happened yet so I dont know where Xsellise have gotten it from, if anything it is a beta, (incomplete version).

    Best you check the full details of what you are getting first, spose thats the risk with getting things from a pirate repo...

  3. #403
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    It's been said a bunch of times before, but I'll say it again. This thread and the spirit of it is about pirating paid themes. We can all argue over whether or not themes should be free or not, but the bottom line is that most theme creators do in fact give themes away for free to people who can't, don't have the means or simply don't want to pay, we'd just like people to stop sharing our themes with everyone else on our behalves. If you want a theme for free to test it out, send a private message to the creator -- I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't get a reply with a link to the theme FOR FREE, with an additional request to not leak it. I personally feel that leaking paid themes is akin to theft. Whther you agree with that or not doesn't trump that fact that I created it, and I want people to buy it or ask me if they want it for free - I don't need hudsonpole giving it away for me.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-06-17 at 03:34 PM.

  4. #404
    ^^^ lol i dont even ask he just PMs me offering his theme

  5. #405
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    ^^^ lol i dont even ask he just PMs me offering his theme
    sorry bro - thought you were one of the original beta-testers of my theme... I send all updates to those who helped me out

  6. #406
    Oh no it's fine thanks I remeber at the time I was right in the middle of making my ubuntu one

  7. #407
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    haa good advice by your dad there

    well, thank you for appreciating my post.

    i see why your not doing public releases anymore. its a shame a real shame

    if you ever make a theme please pm me the details, i might drop you a donation, seven os looks pretty complete. I would test it but right now i got marteen's stroke theme on and i hate changing themes all the time! :P

    it takes too much of my time.

    we are loosing are best themers, your right.

  8. #408
    iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MiddleOfNowhere, Wa. a.k.a. the 360
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 88 Times in 51 Posts

    it may make people mad, but i still stand by my statements. charging for modding, goes against the entire spirit of modding. b**ching about people being "pirates", in a world that is based on pirating (as i've said many times, if you weren't a pirate, you would be running a stock iphone on the at&t network. jailbreaking and unlocking your phone is "against the rules" in the first place) is just plain ridiculous and ignorant. i would be shocked to learn that any of you don't have a pirated app of some sort on your phone. that's called being a hypocrite! i have created things for motorola phones that takes WAY more work and WAY more time than creating a theme and i did it because i loved it. this whole conversation is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by candymanmike; 2010-07-05 at 08:11 AM.
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

  9. #409
    ^^^ wut u said still doesnt make stealing not stealing haha. i pirate all the time ive only paid for one app on my ipod... because it couldnt be cracked. and yet i still ask for donations for my ubuntu theme

    yet i at least admit that its stealing and dont try and rationalize that its oh something u love u shouldnt charge, we all modders blahblah its still stealing!

  10. #410
    iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MiddleOfNowhere, Wa. a.k.a. the 360
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 88 Times in 51 Posts

    i never said it wasn't stealing. what the hell do you think "pirating" means? my point is that if you steal other people (or companies) work, then you have no right to complain about people stealing yours. that sir, makes you a hypocrite! and i'm not "trying to rationalize it", i truly believe charging is b.s.. whether you agree or not, it's my opinion. personally i will never charge for anything i create, for whatever phone it may be. i don't care about asking for donations. i have no problem donating if i like what i got. but to have to pay for it "site unseen" and possibly find out i don't even like it, or don't even use it, is ridiculous to me. and people who steal themselves complaining about people who steal from them p*ss me off. there isn't a different set of rules that apply to you. i've created motorola monsterpacks, motorola skins, motorola fonts, blackberry themes, iphone widgets. and not ONCE did i even consider charging. you may think i'm making excuses for why it's okay, but it's honestly what i believe. the dev team doesn't even charge you for their work. and they work way harder than any theme creator.
    Last edited by candymanmike; 2010-07-07 at 08:07 AM.
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

  11. #411
    28 pages of this...but the bottom line still stands...pirating will never go away...it's apart if this community, and we gotta learn to deal with it.

  12. #412

  13. #413
    I hate piracy its evil. But to all the depressed themers out there. DONT give up We can go ahead find away to stop piracy. Ubuntu Ultimate hasnt yet been cracked Phanatic found something to stop it there. Pirates will always catch up but we can always go further. Im not a good themer like most of yah I got a lot to learn but I meant Im going to get furios when someone cracks my theme.

    EDIT
    Oh I hadnt read the rest of the posts. Well anyways...

  14. #414
    yea theres two ways someone can crack my theme but ud hafta be smart to know em

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    yea theres two ways someone can crack my theme but ud hafta be smart to know em
    That would be unpacking the deb then repacking it with some costumization. Which I COULD do but thankfully Im not evil.

  16. #416
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    "I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. "...

    This is a quote from George Hotz, aka GeoHot, first one to jailbreak the iphone who just announced that he's out of this scene and won't be releasing any future jailbreaks for the iphone, even the one he has presumably finished already for the iphone 4. His comments reminded me that although there are a few people who have decided to hold tight to the notion that themes should be free because the spirit of the jailbreak community is about sharing and enjoying a great hobby with your bestest online buddies, the vast majority of that "minority" that take and take giving nothing but headaches in return are ruining it for those of us more than willing to drop a measely $2 for someone's hard work.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-07-13 at 04:39 PM.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    "i miss when this blog was actually about technical things(iíve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place itís in now). I didnít fully realize most of the current scene donít care unless they are getting something. "...

    This is a quote from george hotz, aka geohot, first one to jailbreak the iphone who just announced that he's out of this scene and won't be releasing any future jailbreaks for the iphone, even the one he has presumably finished already for the iphone 4. His comments reminded me that although there are a few people who have decided to hold tight to the notion that themes should be free because the spirit of the jailbreak community is about sharing and enjoying a great hobby with your bestest online buddies, the vast majority of that "minority" that take and take giving nothing but headaches in return are ruining it for those of us more than willing to drop a measely $2 for someone's hard work.



    amen to that!!!

  18. #418
    iPhone? More like MyPhone candymanmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MiddleOfNowhere, Wa. a.k.a. the 360
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 88 Times in 51 Posts

    you are overlooking the fact that it may be a "measly $2" but not everyone has the means of getting you that $2. not EVERYONE has a paypal account. there are a lot of teenagers in the modding community. and then there are people like me. a father of 3 who has been unemployed for half a year now. every penny i have goes to doing the responsible thing and supporting my children. when you become a victim of a messed up economy and get laid off, after a while, all of your money goes to things like bills and food. and eventually it gets to where even after all of your monthly money is gone, all of your bills are still not paid. and your "measly $2" is the least of my concerns.

    p.s. don't even try to come back with something rude about looking for work. not only am i looking for work, i have had 4 interviews in the last 3 weeks. however, there are a hell of a lot of unemployed people out there with just as many qualifications as myself. and for the record this is the only time since i was 16 (in 20 years in other words) that i have been unemployed more than 2 weeks. before this time period i have gotten every job i have ever applied for.
    Last edited by candymanmike; 2010-07-14 at 09:24 PM.
    Visit us on your sister site at www.ModMyMobile.com
    Follow me on Twitter @CandymanMike & on My Blog

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    "I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(Iíve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place itís in now). I didnít fully realize most of the current scene donít care unless they are getting something. "...

    This is a quote from George Hotz, aka GeoHot, first one to jailbreak the iphone who just announced that he's out of this scene and won't be releasing any future jailbreaks for the iphone, even the one he has presumably finished already for the iphone 4. His comments reminded me that although there are a few people who have decided to hold tight to the notion that themes should be free because the spirit of the jailbreak community is about sharing and enjoying a great hobby with your bestest online buddies, the vast majority of that "minority" that take and take giving nothing but headaches in return are ruining it for those of us more than willing to drop a measely $2 for someone's hard work.

    I personally think $2 is a helluva deal for themes as complete as yours.. Def a lot of work goes into them. This is the cheapest hobby I've had in awhile!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Indy_chris For This Useful Post:

    TCcentex (2010-07-14)

  21. #420
    Theme Kingpin TCcentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,787
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by candymanmike View Post
    you are overlooking the fact that it may be a "measly $2" but not everyone has the means of getting you that $2. not EVERYONE has a paypal account. there are a lot of teenagers in the modding community. and then there are people like me. a father of 3 who has been unemployed for half a year now. every penny i have goes to doing the responsible thing and supporting my children. when you become a victim of a messed up economy and get laid off, after a while, all of your money goes to things like bills and food. and eventually it gets to where even after all of your monthly money is gone, all of your bills are still not paid. and your "measly $2" is the least of my concerns.

    p.s. don't even try to come back with something rude about looking for work. not only am i looking for work, i have had 4 interviews in the last 3 weeks. however, there are a hell of a lot of unemployed people out there with just as many qualifications as myself. and for the record this is the only time since i was 16 (in 20 years in other words) that i have been unemployed more than 2 weeks. before this time period i have gotten every job i have ever applied for.
    Mike, I'm VERY sorry to hear about your predicament - I can tell you that I do know EXACTLY how you feel and what you're going through. I'm an executive in the mortgage industry if that gives you any insight...

    I see where you're coming from, but I disagree... Me and all the other theme creators I know are always more than willing to share our work with those who ask - I have never said no to anyone requesting my themes because they didn't have a paypal account, or for any other reason for that matter. My issue is people that disagree with me selling a theme to the point that they take it upon themselves to pirate my theme and give it away for free. I don't think selling vs giving themes away is jeapordizing the "spirit" of the jailbreak community. The spirit of the community in my opinion is people helping other people and sharing in this hobby of customizing our phones. My point, especially with GeoHot's quote is that there is a small minority in this community who just take and take, never giving anything back to the community or helping in any way. These are the same people that probably continued bugging GeoHot to release his jailbreak like they were entitled to it, just like they feel entitled to obtain my hard work for free with nothing in return - wether it be money or even a simple thanks. At some point we are all, just like GeoHot, going to get sick and tired of it.

    Good luck in your search for work my friend - although we have a difference of opinion we can agree to disagree... But I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers that you get back on your feet real soon.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-07-14 at 10:52 PM.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

    AnthonyGiola (2010-07-22), candymanmike (2010-07-14)

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •