Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Seven OS by K.Nitsua/Zausser

here you go guys...thought some of you might like this since this is a pretty good app...especially you Z LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    I've been working on this theme for 9 days. Very very long days but still nine days. Lol. Glad you guys like what you see.
    Hey Z, when you get a chance, could you make change the red color on the wallpaper to the inspired blue for me? much appreciated

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

looks excellent now you jsut have to add that touch of the part of it coming off of the wallpaper i'm thinking you should move the image to the side more and make the bottom/left side of the arrow head coming off of the wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    here you go guys...thought some of you might like this since this is a pretty good app...especially you Z LOL!

where does this go Rook?

nvm, got it, awesome though thanks man

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

First post updated with Donation link and information.
    #eli7e revived me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-05-10)

Like This?

[IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/796/**********.png[/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (2010-05-10)

i may load this theme just for the loading screens. my kind of theme, pop-ups!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-05-10)

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    Thank you for that detailed explination. I use summerboard mode though but still good to know. and i liked your () comment haha
    What can I say? I liked the theme.

Besides that, I'm one of the few people I know of who use WinterBoard mode exclusively since it was released with recent Winterboard updates, due to wanting as much RAM as possible. Which means I get the headaches every themer doesn't get, since almost all of y'all use SummerBoard mode and I'm the guy who ends up spending 30-40 minutes renaming and moving files around folders instead of using them the way you presented 'em.

This includes the last two Z/k.Nitsua themes, mind you... (SevenOS, iNitsua Z-Twilight) and some of bars'. And Perfekt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    Like This?

[IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/796/**********.png[/IMG]
    freaking amazing exactly like that

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    What can I say? I liked the theme.

Besides that, I'm one of the few people I know of who use WinterBoard mode exclusively since it was released with recent Winterboard updates, due to wanting as much RAM as possible. Which means I get the headaches every themer doesn't get, since almost all of y'all use SummerBoard mode and I'm the guy who ends up spending 30-40 minutes renaming and moving files around folders instead of using them the way you presented 'em.

This includes the last two Z/k.Nitsua themes, mind you... (SevenOS, iNitsua Z-Twilight) and some of bars'. And Perfekt.
    thanks haha hmm i'm curious of this winterboard mode seems like it is just way more hard, but would allow for apps that can't be worked for summerboard mode such as Grand theft auto china town wars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    SUMMARY: The iFile update which came out today (version 1.2.1-1) was released to improve/add iPad support.

PROBLEM: In order to do this, Carsten apparently mucked around with the way icons are drawn/pulled out of iFile into the Springboard. Instead of simply having an Icon.png file (which is what you used to use before), he created five icons (Icon.png, Icon-Small-50.png, Icon-Small.png, iPhoneAppIcon.png, and iPadAppIcon.png).

RESULT: If you use Winterboard mode, naming an icon Icon.png will replace the Icon.png file in the /var/Applications/iFile.app folder, but the iPhoneAppIcon and iPadAppIcon files are untouched unless you create them in the iFile.app folder in the theme. SummerBoard mode has no issue, since it replaces the app when it shows up on the SpringBoard by pulling its application name from the SpringBoard, rather than going into the folder to replace the file. I'm guessing this is to accomodate the larger icons that all the iPad-enabled apps use with the extra screen real estate, while a Spotlight search would pull up Icon, Icon-Small, and Icon-Small-50 (for the iPad).

I don't know how this works exactly, but after examining the file structure of the application I was able to fix it with Seven OS and every other theme I use (including iMANA). This only matters if you're as anal about saving RAM as I am. By going into WinterBoard mode only, I've currently got about 20 extra MB of RAM that I didn't have before. On an iPod 3G, I'd guess I'd have like 170MB of RAM free with just this theme running.

Yup. But a magenta might not go too badly with the current colors... but it wouldn't be as visually rich as the royal purple is.
    I'll work on this as much as possible. I didn't really think it made much of a difference due to the auto-create icons. I figured we only have a few hundred icons in the folder instead of thousands that other themes have, so no big difference, right? But if it does make THAT much of a difference (and God knows, I need my RAM for my gaming appetite), then this is something I will definitely investigate into, learn, and adapt.

Thanks for you insight! ^_^

thanks haha hmm i'm curious of this winterboard mode seems like it is just way more hard, but would allow for apps that can't be worked for summerboard mode such as Grand theft auto china town wars.
    I fixed GTA chinatown wars icon in ZX5 (at least I posted it, not sure if it was included in the download). All that it requires in the place of the colon was a "%3" code, I think. It's been a while.

So instead of "GTA: CTW"

it would be "GTA%3 CTW".

Again, my memory is fuzzy on that code.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2010-05-10 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

santaf (2010-05-10)

Thanks

Wow really? I must try this right now haha. I'll get back to you on that. Of course you found a way around it haha :P

Thanks.

Dang %3 didn't work

Thanks

Wow really? I must try this right now haha. I'll get back to you on that. Of course you found a way around it haha :P

Thanks.

Dang %3 didn't work
    Try GTA%3A CTW.

Yeah, I'm sure "GTA%3A CTW" works ^_^
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2010-05-10 at 09:17 AM.
    #eli7e revived me

17. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

santaf (2010-05-10)

Thanks

Nope, not that either.
    Really?! That's odd.

I'm going to sleep so I'll check that out tomorrow. It's gonna bug me if I don't, lol.
    #eli7e revived me

The Auto-create icons take the same amount of space, no matter what mode you're in. The removal of the legacy SummerBoard support means you don't drop icons into Icons and let WinterBoard replace things as they hit the springboard. It saves me, on average, 10-20 MB a theme. With SevenOS or 24k, I've seen savings of at LEAST 20mb. It's the difference between 48mb free on an iPod Touch 1g and 64-65 mb. On a 3g, I'd expect more like 160mb free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Really?! That's odd.

I'm going to sleep so I'll check that out tomorrow. It's gonna bug me if I don't, lol.
    Thanks man. I'm replying to your message right now night. I shall be going to sleep too soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

santaf, rename GTA: CTW to CTA CTW with Rename II, you can find it in Cydia
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarten16 For This Useful Post:

santaf (2010-05-10)

Thanks

oh i know how to rename icons hah i normally do it in the info.plist of the app, but it would be nice to know how to name the icon so hat it themes through summerboard mode. that way everyone who gets the theme can get the icon themed without having to rename it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

oh, ok
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

Man, I KNOW I did it for ZX (make an icon for GTA: CTW) I just forgot how >_<!

I know I'm gonna dream about this, lol

Good night.
    #eli7e revived me

Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast