Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Seven OS by K.Nitsua/Zausser

"...patiently waiting by the maibox, ready to pounce.."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-05-10)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

Floppy, look back one page haha.

And Z, I've noticed that the ":" in the clock widget blends in with the numbers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

here you go thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-05-10)

Quote Originally Posted by kph12 View Post
    Floppy, look back one page haha.

And Z, I've noticed that the ":" in the clock widget blends in with the numbers.
    Show me a screenshot. Mines fine. Are you using the default font? I'm just finishing adding Beejive and ping Default screens and icons along with what I hope is the fix for weather disc. Need about one hour till you get mail of v2.

Thanks

Yup the font was the problem. I'll just fix the css or whatever to accomadate this font.

here's what i've done:

the reason i laid this out like this is because i've been using (and really love) my inverted idea of Twilight....so w/the iconoclasm plists i made for this theme in the screen shots above, it is such an EASY transition to switch from inverted twilight to this and back. Just select all the plists for 7OS in iconoclasm, let it respring, then activate the theme...done=) you MAY have to move an icon around here or there but other than that...piece of cake! oh, and i also made ping and beejive themes...z's going add them to the post then i suppose.

- Rook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonerookie For This Useful Post:

byron686 (2010-05-10)

Niiice. Now to figure out why iFile isn't working for me. Time to recopy the files, I think.

Thanks

So I was editing the wallpaper css to work for the clock for my font. The only thing I can't get to line up is the ":"
    what part do I edit to fix this?thanks

Damn rook. Lol.

Beta v2 has been emailed to beta testers. Thanks!!!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

byron686 (2010-05-10), iphonerookie (2010-05-10), metaserph (2010-05-10), Sandman80 (2010-05-10)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

oh my goodness how did i let this drift right past me wow guys... what's this like the 3rd one in a month? haha I dont understand how you finish them so fast bt they look like they have been worked on for months and months it's insane how good you guys are.

Stop making me look bad :P ROFL!

Just looked at the loading screens, and all I can say is " " that's right speechless. They are just so amazing I love how they pop off of the wallpaper.

I just cant seem to get off my purple n gold kick

Yup. Also, for anyone doing Winterboard-style icon skinning, iFile named the new icon for the non-iPad to be iPhoneAppIcon instead of using the existing Icon or Icon-Small-50 (which also got added, presumably for search purposes) or iPadAppIcon...

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post

In this case, I think I prefer a lighter shade of purple, at least to go with this theme. Unlike 24k (where gold and purple go together like Romans and binges), the purple isn't set off as well by the other colors already present (which were maroon or an aquamarine).

yeah, i would only use it if I changed all the other colors thruout the theme as well which I really doubt i'll do

19. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

Jarlath (2010-05-10)

How do you replace the color in photoshop? I am trying to change the red, also, I would like to change the light teal buttons on that same page.

I've been working on this theme for 9 days. Very very long days but still nine days. Lol. Glad you guys like what you see.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (2010-05-10), metaserph (2010-05-10)

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    what do you mean what did it rename?
    SUMMARY: The iFile update which came out today (version 1.2.1-1) was released to improve/add iPad support.

PROBLEM: In order to do this, Carsten apparently mucked around with the way icons are drawn/pulled out of iFile into the Springboard. Instead of simply having an Icon.png file (which is what you used to use before), he created five icons (Icon.png, Icon-Small-50.png, Icon-Small.png, iPhoneAppIcon.png, and iPadAppIcon.png).

RESULT: If you use Winterboard mode, naming an icon Icon.png will replace the Icon.png file in the /var/Applications/iFile.app folder, but the iPhoneAppIcon and iPadAppIcon files are untouched unless you create them in the iFile.app folder in the theme. SummerBoard mode has no issue, since it replaces the app when it shows up on the SpringBoard by pulling its application name from the SpringBoard, rather than going into the folder to replace the file. I'm guessing this is to accomodate the larger icons that all the iPad-enabled apps use with the extra screen real estate, while a Spotlight search would pull up Icon, Icon-Small, and Icon-Small-50 (for the iPad).

I don't know how this works exactly, but after examining the file structure of the application I was able to fix it with Seven OS and every other theme I use (including iMANA). This only matters if you're as anal about saving RAM as I am. By going into WinterBoard mode only, I've currently got about 20 extra MB of RAM that I didn't have before. On an iPod 3G, I'd guess I'd have like 170MB of RAM free with just this theme running.

yeah, i would only use it if I changed all the other colors thruout the theme as well which I really doubt i'll do
    Yup. But a magenta might not go too badly with the current colors... but it wouldn't be as visually rich as the royal purple is.
    Last edited by Jarlath; 2010-05-10 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Multiquoted.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarlath For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (2010-05-10), metaserph (2010-05-10), santaf (2010-05-10), zausser (2010-05-10)

Very nice work indeed Z and K. Kudos! A few icons:
    Last edited by metaserph; 2010-05-10 at 07:17 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-05-10)

[deleted]

Moved everything up one post.
    Last edited by Jarlath; 2010-05-10 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Please delete duplicate.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    SUMMARY: The iFile update which came out today (version 1.2.1-1) was released to improve/add iPad support.

PROBLEM: In order to do this, Carsten apparently mucked around with the way icons are drawn/pulled out of iFile into the Springboard. Instead of simply having an Icon.png file (which is what you used to use before), he created five icons (Icon.png, Icon-Small-50.png, Icon-Small.png, iPhoneAppIcon.png, and iPadAppIcon.png).

RESULT: If you use Winterboard mode, naming an icon Icon.png will replace the Icon.png file in the /var/Applications/iFile.app folder, but the iPhoneAppIcon and iPadAppIcon files are untouched unless you create them in the iFile.app folder in the theme. SummerBoard mode has no issue, since it replaces the app when it shows up on the SpringBoard by pulling its application name from the SpringBoard, rather than going into the folder to replace the file. I'm guessing this is to accomodate the larger icons that all the iPad-enabled apps use with the extra screen real estate, while a Spotlight search would pull up Icon, Icon-Small, and Icon-Small-50 (for the iPad).

I don't know how this works exactly, but after examining the file structure of the application I was able to fix it with Seven OS and every other theme I use (including iMANA). This only matters if you're as anal about saving RAM as I am. By going into WinterBoard mode only, I've currently got about 20 extra MB of RAM that I didn't have before. On an iPod 3G, I'd guess I'd have like 170MB of RAM free with just this theme running.

Yup. But a magenta might not go too badly with the current colors... but it wouldn't be as visually rich as the royal purple is.
    Thank you for that detailed explination. I use summerboard mode though but still good to know. and i liked your () comment haha

Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast