Page 82 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4256

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASED] True HTC HD2 with Real Animated Weather

Can someone tell me what i'm meant to do with the "Settings Page Icons and PSD" folder?

I've added the other folders that I need, just a little confused what I'm suppose to do with this particular one.

Cheers.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

@ Ian Nicoll
    you have the first version of the theme,you are ok,but I updated this in the main download,bad move for me.I will update a fix tommorow (im at work now),but then,dont yell that the apps icons scrolls between the dock and the dock icons

@ Sharp2g
    somehow,it works with yahooWeather source,but dont give the hi's and lo's.

@ flombs
    select the icons you will use and copy/paste them in the Icons folder of the main theme,remember to set those apps in a linear vertical way,use iBlank to fill the empty spaces

heres a little tutorial for newbies ,if you want more info,zgoogle is your friend:

Tutorial

You’ll have to download iPhone Explorer, which is a free file explorer for iPhone. You can use iPhone Explorer to transfer file back and forth between iPhone and your computer.
    Heres the link for download iPhone Explorer: iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Download the Winterboard theme you love and extract the zipped file.

So, after you get everything ready. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iPhone Explorer. Then select “Root folder” in the lower-left option. Answer “yes” for the warning. This option will let you browse the whole iPhone file system.
    Next, on the left pane, go to “var/stash/Themes”. All Winterboard theme files are placed under this folder. If you have already installed some Winterboard themes on your iPhone, you’ll see those theme folders.
    Drag and drop the theme to this folder and wait for the transfer process to complete.
    That’s it. The Winterboard theme is installed on your iPhone. Go back to your iPhone and launch Winterboard. The theme is already there.
    Now,just follow the tutorial on the first post of my theme and happy themeing...
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-05-10 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whenever i get a phone call instead of my ringtone my phone only vibrates. Obviously the toggle on the side is not on vibrate and i have even gone under settings to set the ringtone manually. any ideas?

Kool, thanks for the quick reply

Thanks

[quote=ALIEN1974;5236719/quote]
    @ Sharp2g
    somehow,it works with yahooWeather source,but dont give the hi's and lo's.

It wouldnt be the same without the Hi's and Lo's

Thanks Alien 1974.

I understand how iexplorer works. You gave me a heads up a few pages back. Thanks again for that.

So I paste the icons into, lets say, true htc ad2 3gs theme? in the iconsets folder? Is it also just a matter of copy/pasting into this folder?

How do you mean to set these apps in a linear vertical way? I have used iblank before, does it matter where on the iphone screen i do this?

**EDIT** Do you mean as set out for the optional "settings screen" as you have on page one?

**EDIT** What do I do with the psd file?

Also, should I use your older download link that I have, or use the new 2.5 link included on the first page?

Thatnks for bearing with me!
    Last edited by flombs; 2010-05-10 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks

Tutorial

You’ll have to download iPhone Explorer, which is a free file explorer for iPhone. You can use iPhone Explorer to transfer file back and forth between iPhone and your computer.
    Heres the link for download iPhone Explorer: iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Download the Winterboard theme you love and extract the zipped file.

So, after you get everything ready. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iPhone Explorer. Then select “Root folder” in the lower-left option. Answer “yes” for the warning. This option will let you browse the whole iPhone file system.
    If iPhone Explorer dosnt open the full root,go to Cydia and install 'afc2add',respring,open iPhone explorer again in your PC,now it will open the full root.
    Next, on the left pane, go to “var/stash/Themes”. All Winterboard theme files are placed under this folder. If you have already installed some Winterboard themes on your iPhone, you’ll see those theme folders.
    Drag and drop the theme to this folder and wait for the transfer process to complete.
    That’s it. The Winterboard theme is installed on your iPhone. Go back to your iPhone and launch Winterboard. The theme is already there.
    Now,just follow the tutorial on the first post of my theme and happy themeing...

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post

Modmyi Theme Of The Week: May 4th, 2010
    Thanks to all that voted to get the Modmyi Theme of the Week

WINNER OF THE 'PodZombie Exclusive Award' CONTEST
    http://www.podzombie.com/2010/05/the-top-6-most-extraordinary-ipod-touchiphone-themes-of-may/
    http://www.podzombie.com/2010/05/the-top-extraordinary-themes-of-the-month-conetest/

This award is dedicated to all of you,people...you gave me the strnght for making this theme a realty.And the people that cooperated to finish this theme,you are the ones that deserves this...

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN iPhone HISTORY,REALTIME ANIMATED WEATHER(04-27-2010)
    Please,follow the tutorial for set up.

Download :
    Hotfile
    :Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: True HTC HD2 With Animated Weather 2.5.rar

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,IM SPANISH

I start to give credits to Holdemdogg for some UI graphics he help me with,and Salmedina87 for helping me with image editor program,uhohzitzcookyfor let me use some UI elements from his theme:HTC ThatOneTheme http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...tonetheme.html and Gundom for let me use some really nice UI files from his theme MyPad(http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ase-mypad.html).And Raptors with his theme iWarp HD2 -HTC HD2- (http://http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/696083-release-iwarp-hd2-htc-hd2.html.Without their help,I will be still sruggling to put this of.THANKS GUYS...
    THANKS TO DIRTED,he modded the ui file to real htc sounds

Special thanks to Carbon icons for the icons...

AND ALL OF YOU,YOU WAITED LONG FOR THIS,AND YOU MAKE THIS THEME A REALITY,LOVE YOU ALL...

If you really like this theme,please vote for theme of the week HERE:
    Nominate My Theme for "Theme Of The Week" | Vote

In order to set up this theme,follow these steps.If you dont,you will end in a mess.I jump from a simple setup to a more advance,but the results will be in having an awesome theme with fast navigation,great looking theme.PLEASE,dont download this only for the animated weather,the theme itself has dedicated work.

I dont have an iPod Touch,thats why I only mention 3G and 3GS,sorry....
    If anyone can make this work in iPod Touch,will be credited...
    AND YOU NEED INTERNET TO MAKE THE WEATHER WORK,WIFI or DATA PLAN

Call me crazy,but this theme is free,but if you want to say thanks for the theme,ALIEN...,in a more special way,click on the link on my firm to doanate.

The theme includes:
    Real animated weather,3G AND 3GS versions
    Fast navigation with integrated SpringJumps
    HTC HD2 like shell (theme)
    HTC HD2 like media player
    750 Carbon Icons from Carbon icons
    Loaders
    Special Settings Icons for Settings Page with PSD included
    iGreenic UISounds,cus HTC HD2 dosnt have UISounds.
    Auto-create AppStore icons and webclips (icon overlay)
    RSS plugin with modmyi feeder
    and more...

OK,LETS SET UP...
    Things you need,all in Cydia:
    Infinidok
    Infiniboard
    five/rows
    Five-Columns SB
    SpringJumps
    iBlank
    iFile (to configurate some text from iPhone)

setup Infinidock to 5 icons per page
    enable Five-Columns SB
    enable five/rows
    enable vertical scrooling in Infiniboard and disable Hide Behind Dock.

Setup SpringJumps in General/Page titles to off,disable in springjumps pages 5,6,7,8.And rename the activated in the springjumps settings as follow:
    Page 0=Home
    Page 1=Apps
    Page 2=Games
    Page 3=Internet
    Page 4=Settings

put in the dock the springjumps tabs,and set the homescreen as in the screenshot,use iBlank to create the empty spaces

dont worry about AniWeather and WorldWeather you see in the screen,if you don have them,just put blank icon or any weather apps you have.Put Mail,Messages and iPod in the dock:

You have finished seting up the homescreen,but ther's more...

In the first page (not the home),put only the NON GAMES APPS.This will be your apps page,all the programs goes here,thats why you need Infiniboard,to have vertical scrooling and organize all your apps in one page,just like the real HTC.
    The same goes to the 2nd page,but put only all your Games apps
    Now the 3rd page,this will be used for the internet/browser apps,save a wepclip of Google and nameit Google Search,and another for Google if you dont have the Google app (its free in the app store), and set up with iBlanks as follow

below safari leave one row,and below that,put all your favorite browsers and webclips.

I created a special page to mimic the settings pages on HTC,this is optional,but if you want this:

I created a special icons,just select the apps that are in the Settings Page Icons folder and set the 4th page like this:

again,this is optional

that was fun,but have to set the weather to your location,use ifile,or in your PC set in the True HTC HD2 NAW,True HTC HD2 AW 3G and True HTC HD2 AW 3GS a file called ''configureMe.js'',and set your City, State...:

if you whant to set te temperature Fahrenheit to Celcius,in the configureMe file of AW 3G and NAW folders,edit
    var isCelsius = false to true

The theme has a RSS plugin set to modmyi news,but you can change that to any RSS fedd you like,just edit in RSS folder a file called ''
    Widget.html,and put you rss address:

Now this is important,in winterboard set the SummerBoard Mode to ON,and the themes in this order:
    AB,AD...???

If you are in 3G,select the theme like this:
    AB,AD...???
    This will give you animated weather icon,if you dont want animated,(duuuhhhh),select the True HTC HD2 NAW instead of the True HTC HD2 AW 3G

3G USERS ONLY
    select this:
    AB,AD...???
    this will give you special weather efects like the wiper,clouds,falling rain,sunrays.I have to make a mix with thw non animated and animations for 3GS,if not,I will still be creating animations,and the size for 3GS was more than 300mb,so dont be disapointed of haveing non animated icon,you will have animated efects that 3G cant handle
    3G USERS,IF YOU SELECT THE 3GS VERSION,IT WILL GIVE YOU LAGS,AND THE ANIMATION WILL RUN SLOWWWWW,I WARN YOU...
    some has reported that animations of 3GS in 3G is OK and is not so slow, after a few minutes the speed improves.

If alls goes well you should have the best theme I have created,and for the first time in iPhone history,Real Animated Weather,and a great looking theme.
    The theme have a great set of icons from here:Carbon icons
    the theme have a Icon Overlay,so it will auto-create all your Apps Store apps and webclips.

Problems

the icons are lowered=be shure that you set 'Page tittles off' in the Springjumps settings

I selected 3GS,but doesnt show clock=make shure you selected 'True HTC HD2 NAW' to and that is on top of of 'True HTC HD2 3GS' and they are both selected,as I described in the tutorial.
    I edited the 3GS folder so it have no clock,because when mixed with the NAW folder (that have the clock) it will display only one clock at a time.If you still have no clock go to the NAW folder,copy the Widget.html and the files inside Private EXEPT IconSets,Sources and configureMe.js in to the 3GS folder,that can resolve the problem,but now you will run 2 flipclocks at the same time,you will notice when it change the minutes.

The icons on top the Dock are cut off=In Infoniboard set 'Hide Behind Dock' to off

Remember,I created the theme in my 3G,tested in a friends 3GS,I dont have Iconoclasm or any other springboard setup programs,just 5rows,5colums,infiniboard,infinidock.So if any other program conflicts with the theme,I cant help you at the moment.

If you get a ERROR NETWORK or PLEASE RESPRING,or no weather,go to winterboard,deselect and select again the theme and respring,or use any respring program you have,is a network error,not a theme error,sometimes it canot conect to the internet to download the weather data.Is very rare,but happens...

Now,I said I will include fullscreen,non realtime,winterboard selectable weather conditions special efects plugins,but only included in the download is a snow plugin created by Saurik.I will release the plugins leater,I promise,stay tuned for the updates.This plugins are only for 3GS,and will display,once selected in winterboard,a nice special efects,like the one in the demo I released days back...

I think is all for now,if I miss something I will addit leater.
    Please,visit the links of the people I credited.

Thanks to all of you,we keep in touch.

Download :
    Hotfile
    :Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: True HTC HD2 With Animated Weather 2.5.rar

TO THANK ME FOR MY THEMES: I NEED SPARE PARTS TO REPAIR MY SPACESHIP TO RETURN TO MY PLANET,IF YOU WANT TO HELP,PLEASE DONATE https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=TYB3WY4KVZWCN

Plugins
    I will be releasing Weather Efects Plugins, once selected in winterboard,it will display FULLSCREEN Weather Condition animation,no matter if you have a sunny or rainy day,think of it as a scrennsaver for the theme.Make your friends jelaus showing this.Remember,this is only for show,it will not affect the weather condition in the theme,only will display a nice effect.For best results,this are created to use it with the non animated version of the theme (NAW)

Donators and Helpers in this forum will be the first in get the plugins
    Thunder Plugin (all versions compatible)

Download Link: True HTC HD2 Thunder Plugin.rar

ENJOY....

Att: ALIEN1974

*PS.shhhhh...in the tutorial you can see my next 2 projects...Tip...avatar,firm,winterboard.But dont ask,is a secret...
    pregunta... el update que hicistes. como lo inicio? tengo que remplazar todo el theme?

Thanks

@. Flombs

copy paste the icons in True HTC HD2.theme/Icons
    is in the main theme,not the animated folders.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

flombs (2010-05-10)

when u set up the settings screen, how do you set it up like in the posting?

Thanks

No,if you download from the new link,you have to replace all the theme,I post a update pages back for the people that already downloaded the old link.I dont remember were I posted the update,you can download anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    @ Ian Nicoll
    you have the first version of the theme,you are ok,but I updated this in the main download,bad move for me.I will update a fix tommorow (im at work now),but then,dont yell that the apps icons scrolls between the dock and the dock icons.
    Alien, I think you have it wrong, I am not the one asking about this, I was trying to help piston597.
    I have the new version 2.5 + the dock fix you posted on page 83, my dock works fine, just missing the highlighted icon for each page but I know you can't have these without the other problem!

I am very happy with the way I have mine now... no highlights and all the icons go behind the dock as they should. In order to get rid of the highlighted home icon I replaced it with a non highlighted one, this is what I was telling piston597 to do if he so wants it like that.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Obitron View Post
    I didnt make it nor remember who posted it but here it is.
    i thought i knew... but where do i put this png at for it to work..

@ alien

"somehow,it works with yahooWeather source,but dont give the hi's and lo's."

that's fine with me, but can u explain how I can switch to yahoo weather? Just type in yahooWeather instead of accuWeather in the 3 configme files?

alien, how do u set up the settings page?

Thanks

@ Sharp2g
    yes,buy you need to also put a yahoo source in the Sources folders of Aw3G and NAW or replace this info on the acuuweather source and rename the file to yahooWeather.js

var*MiniIcons*=
    [
    ********"tstorm3",**************//0*****tornado
    ********"tstorm3",**************//1*****tropical*storm
    ********"tstorm3",**************//2*****hurricane
    ********"tstorm3",**************//3*****severe*thunderstorms
    ********"tstorm2",**************//4*****thunderstorms
    ********"sleet",****************//5*****mixed*rain*and*snow
    ********"sleet",****************//6*****mixed*rain*and*sleet
    ********"sleet",****************//7*****mixed*snow*and*sleet
    ********"sleet",****************//8*****freezing*drizzle
    ********"light_rain",***********//9*****drizzle
    ********"sleet",****************//10****freezing*rain
    ********"shower2",**************//11****showers
    ********"shower2",**************//12****showers
    ********"snow1",****************//13****snow*flurries
    ********"snow2",****************//14****light*snow*showers
    ********"snow4",****************//15****blowing*snow
    ********"snow4",****************//16****snow
    ********"hail",*********//17****hail
    ********"sleet",****************//18****sleet
    ********"mist",*********//19****dust
    ********"fog",**********//20****foggy
    ********"fog",**********//21****haze
    ********"fog",**********//22****smoky
    ********"cloudy1",**************//23****blustery
    ********"cloudy1",**************//24****windy
    ********"overcast",*************//25****cold
    ********"cloudy1",**************//26****cloudy
    ********"cloudy4_night",****************//27****mostly*cloudy*(night)
    ********"cloudy4",**************//28****mostly*cloudy*(day)
    ********"cloudy2_night",****************//29****partly*cloudy*(night)
    ********"cloudy2",**************//30****partly*cloudy*(day)
    ********"sunny_night",**********//31****clear*(night)
    ********"sunny",****************//32****sunny
    ********"mist_night",***********//33****fair*(night)
    ********"mist",*********//34****fair*(day)
    ********"hail",*********//35****mixed*rain*and*hail
    ********"sunny",****************//36****hot
    ********"tstorm1",**************//37****isolated*thunderstorms
    ********"tstorm2",**************//38****scattered*thunderstorms
    ********"tstorm2",**************//39****scattered*thunderstorms
    ********"tstorm2",**************//40****scattered*showers
    ********"snow5",****************//41****heavy*snow
    ********"snow3",****************//42****scattered*snow*showers
    ********"snow5",****************//43****heavy*snow
    ********"cloudy1",**************//44****partly*cloudy
    ********"storm1",***************//45****thundershowers
    ********"snow2",****************//46****snow*showers
    ********"tstorm1",**************//47****isolated*thundershowers
    ********"dunno",****************//3200**not*available
    ]

function*constructError*(string)
    {
    ********return*{error:true,*errorString:string};
    }

function*findChild*(element,*nodeName)
    {
    ********var*child;
    ********for*(child*=*element.firstChild;*child*!=* null;*child*=*child.nextSibling)
    ********{
    ****************if*(child.nodeName*==*nodeName)
    ************************return*child;
    ********}
    ********return*null;
    }

function*fetchWeatherData*(callback,*zip)
    {
    ********url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p="*//u=Farenheit,*because*accuWeather*sucks
    ********var*xml_request*=*new*XMLHttpRequest();
    ********xml_request.onload*=*function(e)*{xml_load ed(e,*xml_request,*callback);}
    ********xml_request.overrideMimeType("text/xml");
    ********xml_request.open("GET",*url+zip);
    ********xml_request.setRequestHeader("Cache-Control",*"no-cache");
    ********xml_request.send(null);*
    ********return*xml_request;
    }

function*xml_loaded*(event,*request,*callback)
    {
    ********if*(request.responseXML)
    ********{
    ****************var*obj*=*{error:false,*errorStrin g:null};
    ****************var*effectiveRoot*=*findChild(find Child(request.responseXML,*"rss"),*"channel");
    ****************obj.city*=*findChild(effectiveRoot ,*"yweather:location").getAttribute("city");
    ****************obj.realFeel*=*findChild(effective Root,*"yweather:wind").getAttribute("chill");//Only*accounts*for*windChill
    ****************conditionTag*=*findChild(findChild (effectiveRoot,*"item"),*"yweather:condition");
    ****************obj.temp*=*conditionTag.getAttribu te("temp");
    ****************obj.icon*=*conditionTag.getAttribu te("code");
    ****************obj.description*=*conditionTag.get Attribute("text");*
    ****************callback*(obj);*
    ********}else{
    ****************callback*({error:true,*errorString :"XML*request*failed.*no*responseXML"});
    ********}
    }

function*validateWeatherLocation*(location,*callba ck)
    {
    ********var*obj*=*{error:false,*errorString:null,* cities:*new*Array};
    ********obj.cities[0]*=*{zip:*location};*//Not*very*clever,*are*we?
    ********callback*(obj);
    }

Make shure you edit the Aw3g and NAW configureMe file to read the yahooWeather source...

Do not edit the 3GS files,they are difrent code,the 3GS is configurated to display the weather condition ,not the info.

select the icons you will use and copy/paste them in the Icons folder of the main theme,remember to set those apps in a linear vertical way,use iBlank to fill the empty spaces
    Last edited by ALIEN1974; 2010-05-10 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how to i set infinidoc to 5 a page, and how do i disable hind behind doc

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Just curious...What was the problem?
    No clue. I powered it off again and respringed it again and it worked. No clue why the first few tries did not work.

@Abuleo77

Settings, Infinidock, "Icons per page" = 5,

Settings, Infiniboard, "Hide behind Dock" = off

@alien

I did exactly what u told me and I copied and pasted and renamed my .js file but I get a network error. Any suggestions?

Page 82 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast