Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTopSB theme by ToyVan

Thanks for the encouragement my friends!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-04-22 at 06:39 PM.

looks good!

the more I see it the more I feel like reaching my hand into my phone.. lol that's how 3dimensional it looks. more screenies man!!

Quote Originally Posted by thetjshow View Post
    the more I see it the more I feel like reaching my hand into my phone.. lol that's how 3dimensional it looks. more screenies man!!

I will upload more screenshots as I have them - I thought u were creating a theme now..??!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    looks good!
    Cheers!

umm.. me???? creating a theme???? now that's the joke of the week toy!!!!!!!!! I can't do shiit with Photoshop or anything like that!! or wait were u like being sarcastic?? lol seriously, I would really love to make my own but I guess that'll be in about 9 years time. once they print out the book "Photoshop fer dumbazzes.."

^ Roflmao!

Im loving it so far. I still think itd be really awesome if each of thr side walls could be springjunps that take you to new pages that would be like clicking on that wall on bumptop. (ie hitting the right wall will take you to page 5 that has a page5 wallpaper that looks like you are facing that wall. Thatd be really cool! Maybe sbroatator compatibility too. Autocreate icons would be really helpful (using appiconoverlay + appiconshadow pngs in the UIImages)
    I believe there is also an iconclasm layout called like free or something that lets you move icons and place them however you want like in bumptop instead of in straight lines.
    Maybe an actual clock widget and weather widget would look pretty cool.
    Just some suggestions to help make this theme more awesome(:

oh dang completely forgot I suggested stuff like thjs before and you replied to it my bad. lol. Its cool if you want to stick with a simple setup but maybe you can make 2 versions. lol I gotta start paying more attention to my subscribed threads lol
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-04-21 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

This theme will have auto-create icons, I assure you.

The clock widget on the wallpaper will be a perspective clock, adding to the three dimensional feel of the theme.

I'll post screenshots of the widgets and auto-create icons once they are ready, at the latest by Thursday (have reports and tests tomorrow for my classes).

I can tell you guys right now though that the theme looks awesome ^_^.
    #eli7e revived me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-04-21)

*bubbling with excitment* when k says it looks good, it really really looks good.

wow cool didnt know K was helping out with this theme. Awesomeness!

if its alright with you i think i may take this to the bumptop "functionability" level if you dont do so urself for my next theme

btw, did I mention that k.nitsua was helping me out with a few things on this theme?

Quote Originally Posted by thetjshow View Post
    umm.. me???? creating a theme???? now that's the joke of the week toy!!!!!!!!! I can't do shiit with Photoshop or anything like that!! or wait were u like being sarcastic?? lol seriously, I would really love to make my own but I guess that'll be in about 9 years time. once they print out the book "Photoshop fer dumbazzes.."
    I wasn't being sarcastic...you've learned a lot in such a short time and have always been helpful in answering questions in my theme threads, naturally the next step is becoming a 'Theme creator" isn't it???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Im loving it so far. I still think itd be really awesome if each of thr side walls could be springjunps that take you to new pages that would be like clicking on that wall on bumptop. (ie hitting the right wall will take you to page 5 that has a page5 wallpaper that looks like you are facing that wall. Thatd be really cool! Maybe sbroatator compatibility too. Autocreate icons would be really helpful (using appiconoverlay + appiconshadow pngs in the UIImages)
    I believe there is also an iconclasm layout called like free or something that lets you move icons and place them however you want like in bumptop instead of in straight lines.
    Maybe an actual clock widget and weather widget would look pretty cool.
    Just some suggestions to help make this theme more awesome(:

oh dang completely forgot I suggested stuff like thjs before and you replied to it my bad. lol. Its cool if you want to stick with a simple setup but maybe you can make 2 versions. lol I gotta start paying more attention to my subscribed threads lol
    it's all good..all your suggestions are great! however, it just means more work for me! lol - I like the idea of possibly making two versions...a simple one page layout and then one with springjumps etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    if its alright with you i think i may take this to the bumptop "functionability" level if you dont do so urself for my next theme

well, at least give me a chance to finish mine before u show me how it should really be done
    !
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-04-21 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (2010-04-21)

hey toyvan. i think i can lend a hand if you need it.

im fairly good with photoshop, those little icons and wallpaper wouldnt take long.

if ur interested into making the slightly more complicated theme suggested by snowleo, drop me a line, ill help you out free of charge.

id just be happy to get my hands on something to do to be honest! ive made myself a few themes, but theirs so many more and i lack originality (the first theme i made was htc based, original? i think not).

yours seems like a decent idea, infact not all icons have to be the same stack and angle. perhaps you could alternate so it looks a bit more like bumptop, a bit more , personal if you like

anyways, just some suggestions and my opinion. if you want anything, drop me a line

RelentlessDan

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RelentlessDan For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-04-22)

Excellent, K. Nit's work rocks. Look forward to this being beta or released, getting it for sure.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (2010-04-21)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

wow cool didnt know K was helping out with this theme. Awesomeness!
    Only little things; just trying to help out a fellow themer ^_^

This theme is all ToyVan though. 99.99% of the credit goes to him, I'm just doing little things that I just happen to be good at for him ^_~

It's a very cool theme, guys. Definitely an eyecatcher, even from afar.
    #eli7e revived me

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-04-22), zausser (2010-04-23)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

looks real good the 3D ness is trippin me out haha

K nitsua how would this work with auto create if the images are angled to the side?

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessDan View Post
    hey toyvan. i think i can lend a hand if you need it.

im fairly good with photoshop, those little icons and wallpaper wouldnt take long.

if ur interested into making the slightly more complicated theme suggested by snowleo, drop me a line, ill help you out free of charge.

id just be happy to get my hands on something to do to be honest! ive made myself a few themes, but theirs so many more and i lack originality (the first theme i made was htc based, original? i think not).

yours seems like a decent idea, infact not all icons have to be the same stack and angle. perhaps you could alternate so it looks a bit more like bumptop, a bit more , personal if you like

anyways, just some suggestions and my opinion. if you want anything, drop me a line

RelentlessDan

I am going to possibly create 2 versions...one that is a one page layout and one that is more "complicated" - I appreciate the offer for help I will definitely need it when the time comes..cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    looks real good the 3D ness is trippin me out haha

K nitsua how would this work with auto create if the images are angled to the side?

unless k.nitsua knows something I don't, which is probably the case, the auto-create icons only apply to icons that are inside the categories folders and the dock - the icons that are on the springboard are "fixed" categories folders, as well as the icons pinned to the top wall(maps, photos, notes & calendar)...
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-04-22 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

glad to hear your taking my advice with the 2 separate versions. That way you can keep it simple and easy to set up with one and have the other have a cooler layout and stuff like iNspired OS

glad to hear your taking my advice with the 2 separate versions. That way you can keep it simple and easy to set up with one and have the other have a cooler layout and stuff like iNspired OS
    I'm always open to good suggestions..it's the stupid ones that I don't care for

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast