Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evolution OS 2

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

So okay, i will test the themes again. There is a easy way that i can post a new plist.info file for the theme to quickly help you, but first i must know where the problem is.

EDIT: You are right and have very excellent eyes and should darken your display a little bit LOL

I will find a solution for that, like:
    1. Remove all labels again
    2. Darken the font of the labels or make them more transparent too

The black bars are slightly transparent so the labels may be visible a little bit if you make full brightness to your screen.

i will work on a solution today.
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-04-28 at 06:10 PM.

How are you guys showing the weather on the screen? Just make a blank page and using that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    So okay, i will test the themes again. There is a easy way that i can post a new plist.info file for the theme to quickly help you, but first i must know where the problem is.

EDIT: You are right and have very excellent eyes and should darken your display a little bit LOL

The black bars are slightly transparent so the labels may be visible a little bit if you make full brightness to your screen.

Glad to be of assistance, feels like ive given something back

Thanks

@topcop: what Version of Evolution os2 do you have?. If you have v. 1.1 enable the theme AND a widget with weather in Winterboard.

@theernburn: yes. I really did not noticed that. I will post a solution/file here that will correct that in any way.

I forgot: the weather shws up when you press the home button slide to the right (from the homescreen) or slide down at the beginning of every page.
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-04-28 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could just use Winterboards "No Docked Icon Labels" & "No Undocked Icon Labels" this will removed the labels under the icons.

I had a real close look and could see them as theernburn said so went to Winterboard and moved both No Docked and No Undocked themes to the very top and enabled them.

This leaves the theme intact fully but removes those pesky labels that can only been seen at close range or with bright displays.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The problem is in version 1.1 .plist file, it lacks of this strings (that were in 1.0 .plist):

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>/*font-family: monospace; font-size: 13px;*/ color: transparent</string>
    Just add them to the 1.1 .plist file.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to matiu For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-04-28)

Thanks

Maitu, if i add that (maybe wrong) all labels are gone (categories folders too), can the plist-guru send me a working version of the info.plist and localizedApplicationNames.string please

Thanks

Yeah, labels on categories don't work (like in version 1.0), however here is my info.plist.

EDIT: added the info.plist file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by matiu; 2010-04-28 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks

so okay...then i try somthing different as i like the labels inside categories.

@topcop: what Version of Evolution os2 do you have?. If you have v. 1.1 enable the theme AND a widget with weather in Winterboard.

@theernburn: yes. I really did not noticed that. I will post a solution/file here that will correct that in any way.

I forgot: the weather shws up when you press the home button slide to the right (from the homescreen) or slide down at the beginning of every page.
    blue,

I have version 1.1 and when I slide the to the right on the homescreen the search bar comes up along with the keyboard? is this right?

Thanks

so okay...then i try somthing different as i like the labels inside categories.
    Mmm... I don't know if you really could make this, probably you must choice between labels on categories but also on clock and calendar icons, or no labels (both in categories folders and clock/calendar icons).
    Maybe there is a way to except some icons to get label?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEFFF View Post
    blue sorry to be a pain but could you do this as a dock icon please
    here is is
    -phone-dock.png

14. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

STEVEFFF (2010-04-29)

Great theme blue!
    Last edited by hcuk; 2010-04-28 at 09:15 PM.

Maitu, if i add that (maybe wrong) all labels are gone (categories folders too), can the plist-guru send me a working version of the info.plist and localizedApplicationNames.string please
    That's correct Blue...not sure how this discussion has been going but let me double back and check exactly what's required here and I'll PM you Blue. Am having issues with my main PC where all my theme files are though with intermittent re-booting (hello Windows 7!!!) so I hope I can grab my files onto another PC quick.

... anig and iman12 your request!!!
    Last edited by iPapeto; 2010-04-28 at 09:48 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iPapeto For This Useful Post:

iman12 (2010-04-28)

Thanks

So, as far as i understand i can have labels everywhere except for clock and calendar, but in this case they might shine a little bit through the black icon bars.

I can rework the localizedapplicationstrings.file too to specify all apps that lables should be hidden, but thats not impossible.

So we have only two solutions:
    1. i can set all labels to transparent like i did in version 1.0
    2. i can try to rework the info.plist and darken the text.

Quote Originally Posted by theernburn View Post
    No mate they are still there.
    That is very strange indeed - this is the first time I'm seeing this error. What's in your /Themes.xxxx folder on your device? What themes are in there? In what order? (themes above have priority over those below) What theme/s did you have installed before EvoOS2? Did you flush the icon Cache folder after changing themes?

Like Blue says EvoOS2 has only 2 icon labels hidden (Clock and Calendar) so that labels can be seen especially in Categories/SB folders. And the EvoOS2 icons are dark and big enough to hide the labels when the theme has been applied so I'm really not sure what's going on here other than to hypothesise that it seems your previous theme's icon cache is still active.

Go here and delete all the files in these 2 folders and then re-spring:

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringboardIconCache
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringboardIconCache-small

@Blue: I think I understand what's going on now - solution is to darken the text a bit in info.plist so that its indistinguishable from the icons dark lower part. Working off a seconday laptop at the moment and need to get a new copy of plist editor. Let me rustle up a fix, test and then will PM you Blue.
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-04-28 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by iPapeto View Post
    ... anig and iman12 your request!!!
    Can't save these in full size! They just keep saving as small previews.

Thanks

So moe, i think he has right, the black bars have a 8 percent transparency and when there are white labes behind that are not hidden and the brightness of the screen is fully enabled then i can see that there is some kind of text behind.

So here is my solution

i set the labels color from white to grey, and the label-transparency to 40 percent, try it, it should be impossible to see any label but they are still readable inside categories-folders.

unzip, copy and paste that to the theme-folder and respring:

feedback please
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-04-28 at 11:15 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

moe_12345 (2010-04-28)

Thanks

@topcop, that is right, the weather is meant to be visible on the search page, so only silde to the right or press the homebutton. For this reason you can see a little sun top left of the homescreen now It inconvenient like many of my ideas but elegant.
    - You can also slide on any page your icon list to the bottom.
    - And as you said, you can also create a fourth page with one blank icon top left and you have a full weather page.

@oldcell: move your mouse over this little icons, make a rightclick on your mouse and choose to open it in a extra tap or window of your browser, then you can move it in full size to your desktop.
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-04-28 at 10:36 PM.

Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast