Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evolution OS 2

I'm with u Germandude. I gave it a shot bug couldn't figure the picture out. Just can edit the text.

Quote Originally Posted by germandude View Post
    ...How do you make the pictures smaller to fit inside the little window of the icon? In side the template when I enable some of the pictures that are already there, the ones you created, they are also larger. How can I fit those in that small window?
    Ha ha ha, kept bashing my head to figure that out as well and have spent the past couple of hours teaching myself and reading up a bit on some blog but basically (using Photoshop CS4) what we fundamentally have in Blue's awesome PSD template is 2 layers: an image layer and a clipping mask layer...but then of course he has all the fancy effects but we're not going to tamper with those at all! You DO NOT need to resize the image layer at all, just to move it and position it to show the part of the image that you like best under the clipping mask and the mask hides the rest of the image - voila there you have it. Bit difficult to explain it but it's really very very easy to do. Yesterday I also kept on asking people to make me icons and today after 2 hours in Photoshop I can make anything I like by myself and the beauty about that is you end up writing the text in the icon to something special/customised. Do you want me to send you my customised template and we can take the tutorial from there?

All I need now is to find some nice great stock images to import into the template...still working on that...
    Last edited by moe_12345; 2010-04-26 at 02:30 PM.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Please take a look at the icons tutorial, its easier than you might think (for me LOL). So i try it again for photoshop beginners:

The basic trick of such a template is: You don´t need to do anything, just copy everything from my icon to your picture !

1. Again and again: You don´t need to rezise any picture but it should not be too large
    1. Move any picture into photoshop, copy and paste it into the template.
    2. Now click and hold on the frame(sorry my english, look at the tutorial please) of the other picture and move it to your new picture, this cuts your picture automaticly to the right size
    3. Now copy the layerstyles (rightklick on it, save it, klick on your picture, rightklick and paste layerstyles) to your own picture and then disable my other picture in the picture folder.

->If you made that once you need 2 seconds for this. I know it sounds and seems complicated if you never worked with photoshop but if you learn that basics you can beginn to work with more complicated or other icon templates.

i forgot: anyone likes such loading screens ?

Last edited by Blue; 2010-04-26 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

henftling (2010-04-26), moe_12345 (2010-04-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@blue and moe_12345, you guy's are so awesome and thank you for explaining it. I will give it a try and really sounds so much like fun...hehe. I am using CS2. Do the loading screens take up much memory while loading a app?

@moe: Please send your template along

Yeah, thanks Blue! Am actually enjoying it more and more as I play around with the template - it really is so so easy! Where are people getting their stock images, guys???

thanks for explaining that guys. gonna give it a try now, im gonna make one and post it then tell me what you guys think..
    (2) iPhone 3G
    (2) iPod 80g Classic
    13" Aluminum MacBook Pro/Snow Leopard
    12" iBook/Tiger
    ipad and apple tv coming soon....

Thanks

haha...I think I figured it out. Hope it was done correctly. It will be laying under the mask, but the picture can't really be much larger than the mask. Thank you moe_12345 for the detailed instructions.

I am also curious where guy's get those cool stock icons/pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iflashready.png  

when i add an image into the template it just covers the template and all i see is the image. what setting do i play with to get the template on top
    (2) iPhone 3G
    (2) iPod 80g Classic
    12" iBook/Tiger

See Blue's comment above: just drag the clipping mask (layer that already exists in the template) over your image and it takes care of the sizing for you.

ugh im doin that, i think, lol and the image just blocks up the template. before this ive only used PS for resizing and very small things and i know once i learn this itll be easy i just cant get the hang of it
    (2) iPhone 3G
    (2) iPod 80g Classic
    12" iBook/Tiger

Thanks

The last question I have is, the picture is usually larger (I can see that when turning on one pic from blue's template). My pictures are not huge, and about the same size as blue's, but it does not resize the picture automatically. I need to make the pictures smaller in a separate windows so it fits into the template when it will mask. So basically I am dragging the mask on top of the picture, but the pic can't be resized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tvuplayer.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbiscaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are some new icons:

- 21 Pro
    - Abaia
    - Stöck Wyys Stich
    - Cydia
    - FTPOnTheGo
    - Google Earth
    - iFile

Cheers
    Marco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -21-pro.png   -abaia.png   -stoi-ck-wyys-stich-mobile.png   -ftponthego.png   -google-earth.png   -ifile.png  

Hello, How can I do to download these icons in the real size?
    thank's

Quote Originally Posted by odin1978 View Post
    Hello, How can I do to download these icons in the real size?
    thank's
    open them up in a new tab and save to desktop thats what i do but im on a macbook, you can prob right click and open in new tab
    (2) iPhone 3G
    (2) iPod 80g Classic
    12" iBook/Tiger

Try to do it, but they guard in low resolution (100 x 30). I cant download in 392 x 116

I could do it, thank you for your help

Blue: Note taken about the text!!

steveFFF: Can you put a link to the app called Taxi plus mini?

... another variation for Starbucks and Tiger Woods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iPapeto For This Useful Post:

STEVEFFF (2010-04-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

these are the icons ipapeto
    Attached Images Attached Images   

OK !!!

Working on that!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iPapeto For This Useful Post:

STEVEFFF (2010-04-26)

Thanks

It doesn't work for me, I have the latest photoshop for mac and I cant modify pictures and text of the icon template ("non-editable adjustment") and when I try to put the old layer on the new, my new image doesn't resize with the margins of template.

Solutions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks ipapeto

Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast