Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA Release] Ubuntu Ultimate V3

Default [BETA Release] Ubuntu Ultimate V3
    Hey guys, thanks for all the community support on this, and the pain most of you as my guinea pigs had to go through beta testing this. i do apologize for any damage caused.

anyways, i will be gone for a few weeks, but when i come back i will release the FINAL version, and it will be amazing i promise! like nothing else and no icon issue crap, ive gone through a lot and narrowed down a lot of the issues and added so much

there are two conditions though, it costs a dollar and you will still need iconoclasm 1.3. i will probably make that available on my repo..

see you when i come back!

out here: http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...l-release.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wtf2.png  
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 2010-06-10 at 01:15 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PhanaticD For This Useful Post:

amr h (2010-04-19), carloqt (2010-04-10), chrisangel13 (2010-04-09), fastflame750 (2010-04-22), h4mid (2010-04-11), joshualland (2010-07-14), lazardj (2010-04-15), levy_devy (2010-04-11), maxapolothai (2010-04-09), MeOMaN (2010-04-09), redmoonshine (2010-04-09), t3az (2010-05-19), TRUCKINLOW (2010-04-09), Zehlek (2010-05-21)

looks great!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TRUCKINLOW For This Useful Post:

PhanaticD (2010-04-09)

ok, i setted up the theme, but the icons are just everywhere:S how do I unstall? remove the deb?

Is there ever going to be an iPhone version?

Thanks

Yessss, I win, I was the only one wo didn't have to restore, I feel like I deserve a prize, lol. All I did was I downloaded rock and went to manage and uninstalled the half installed ubuntu package!!

Hopefully I will b able to use it this time
    Last edited by indyracer05; 2010-04-09 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to indyracer05 For This Useful Post:

PhanaticD (2010-04-09)

where do i find iSetup?

Quote Originally Posted by Thijs_Elsman View Post
    ok, i setted up the theme, but the icons are just everywhere:S how do I unstall? remove the deb?
    thats why i said to read the output from the install,

icons will be in the right spot if you go to "wiigle mode" to move a icon, but then dont move anything and just press home, everything should settle into the right spot except for your own icons, those u arrange by yourself

if you are completely dumb, wiggle mode is where u hold onto a icon in order to move it to another location

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken heart View Post
    Is there ever going to be an iPhone version?
    yes, this is a beta...

Quote Originally Posted by itouch8112 View Post
    where do i find iSetup?
    wtf
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 2010-04-14 at 03:42 PM.

what is wiigle mode?the icon not in the right spot.help!

Thanks

well it sent me to safe mode and wont let me out, how do i uninstall so i can c what happened?

its probly cuz of the bad beta i sent u, u may have to restore

Thanks

i used the one that u put on this page, can i uninstall through ifile or...
    (theres ALWAYS an alternative to restoring)

i canot set up successful,the icon not in the right spot.u can post the few image.

Thanks

i uninstalled through cydia, still dont know what went wrong, i will try it again soon

FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW "U UNINSTALL THROUGH CYIDA< SEARCH UBUNTU AND THE ONE THA IS CHECKED< JUST UNINSTALL AND EVERYTHING WILL RETURN TO NORMAL, for everyone who is not experienced with isetup:
    Last edited by indyracer05; 2010-04-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where do we place the deb file if using ssh

>nevermind<
    oh im sorry about newb question about iSetup, i thought it was something separate that i had download. forgot it was script. maybe will try later.
    icons were all over the place. so when i have the time to sit down and set this up properly i will do that.
    Last edited by itouch8112; 2010-04-09 at 08:04 PM.

Like I said, its probably best to just restore Indy... You'll always run into problems at some point trying to avoid the inevitable... You can get around it, but the probs always there...

To be fair, this theme isnt exactly idiot proof... I could see someone that doesnt have a whole lot of experience with SSH'ing and theme-ing being a little bit confused... That said, its also a Beta, so perhaps less experienced individuals should wait for the Release??

But it works fine... I Really like the widgets! Still making my mind up about the isetup tho... its probably just cus Im used to doin it the original (long) way...

btw You're gonna need to get the 'Ubuntu Tilting Bold' font if you're gonna change the 'user'... maybe Phan can put a link for it in his post??

SSH the deb to xxx/var/mobile. Then use iFile (or Terminal) to install it...

as iTouch8112 pointed out, You will need to put in time to get this theme set up right...

Really great work Phan!

-iLove
    Last edited by **iLove**; 2010-04-09 at 08:13 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to **iLove** For This Useful Post:

izyice (2010-04-09)

am using iphone so ill let you know if it runs smoothly but firstly i need to know how to install the deb file because i downloaded it from this forum... please help someone

thanks "ilove"
    Last edited by izyice; 2010-04-09 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yea, to be honest, i like the long way better,i tried it in temp/ directory and it said i need to install categories sb and i already have that so i might just restore, but there should b an alternate version without isetup or the people like me who like doing it the old fashioned way

i will try now on my iphone 3G thanx 4 the beta i will give feed back i no how 2 mess with i setup so i think i will get it 2 work give me a few and i will get back 2 u guys thanx 4 the theme man (well the beta 4 now)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast