Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eight OS

Quote Originally Posted by xSURPx View Post
    donate
    Or you can ask him nicely.
    But donating helps if you can.
    Payton.Penn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to erionville For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-06-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,440 Times in 3,002 Posts

Hi i donated but i didn't get any email from the creator

Quote Originally Posted by daarcadian00 View Post
    Hi i donated but i didn't get any email from the creator
    wen?
    u should probably wait till he gets online

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xSURPx For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-06-15), ReBourne (2010-06-15)

We are packaging everything in an iSetup to make it much easier to install

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicholas Knight For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (2010-06-15), Entombed Sh4dw (2010-06-15)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    We are packaging everything in an iSetup to make it much easier to install
    Thats right take the fun out the manual sett up
    jokes :P

What is needed for the iSetup? Does it require any sshing the theme files?
    (ive never used iSetup before)
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say that you guys have done such a nice job on this theme. Wish I could have it on my device longer then I get to as a themer. My device is always a complete mess. lmao
    Ha ha, my iPhone was a mess early on with EIGHTos as everyone had something new to try and made it crazy to work on anything, settled into a reutine now of using one theme for longer than a week so that it can get all that it deserves.

Thanks for the kind words Z, you seem to be pumping them out lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot62 View Post
    Hmmm, while i look forward to purchasing the full release i wonder if you have seen Entombed's posts on Xs****ze & Si****iphone sites re offering the upgrade to those who have already 'downloaded'?
    It is true that I have gone over to those websites to talk about EIGHTos, there are reasons for it, read below.

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    How ironic to use Parkway Drive in the "Deep Blue" screens ahah

Theme looks AMAZING and I cannot stress that enough, hopefully it'll work flawlessly with the iPhone 4, otherwise you guys might be finding yourselves releasing an "HD" version.
    Ironic? How so?

Im loving the new single which after hearing on Myspace I had to go and download on iTunes and havent stopped listening to it since! Their new album is out in a week or so which I've pre-ordered so that I can enjoy it straight away!
    Ive loved PWD since seeing them back when I was in High School at underage gigs. Such good times!

We seem to have very similar taste in music

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    Thats right take the fun out the manual sett up
    jokes :P

What is needed for the iSetup? Does it require any sshing the theme files?
    (ive never used iSetup before)
    iSetup shouldnt need much extra work to set up, basically it will place the files in their directories and then all you do is activate the winterboard and iconoclasm options to suit (and adjust your weather location and rss feeds of course).

--

On the side of who deserve support and who doesnt and also on how the theme is being sent to people;

Since the beta had piracy issues on those websites I have had a lot of time to think about EIGHTos and piracy and themeing.

EIGHTos started out as a project I had no idea would be popular nor did I think I was going to make something I loved so much or even make any money (FYI, making themes doesnt double as a job, the amount of money we make is amazingly small). I am very glad Nick and I have the support of eveyone here at MMi and enjoy bringing you all something that makes your iDevice look amazing!

I appreciate KPH12 and others for supporting my earlier decision to not support those who did not pay for the theme but since I have thought about it, I will be allowing support for all who ask for it, The internet is a place to share information and I believe strongly in this, notice information is in bold, not product, content or property as I believe those are truly the property of their owner/creator unless they allow the public use of such things.

Piracy of EIGHTos I admit caught me off guard but having had time to think about it I have moved to a frame of mind where I know it cannot be stopped, this is proven by certain individuals who continue to attempt ripping off the hard work of the themers here at MMi over and over again. This is proof that piracy cannot be stopped but can be prevented.

Perhaps on the rare occasion pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy, piracy itself can be the right course?

--Gov. Swan;
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Wrapping this up as I think ive done enough talking, I have decided to give EIGHTos to those who feel they cannot pay/afford to get EIGHTos via Cydia as there it will only be a paid theme (FYI, the trial is live on Cydia right now).
    I have gone over to those websites and offered the theme to them at no charge as no doubt it WILL show up there by some means.
    I would rather it be by my hand thus keeping the credit for our hard work as well as encouraging the support to move over to MMi as I feel it is a much more supportive community which might just rub off on certain individuals.
    To those on MMi who feel ripped off for paying for paying for the beta and me now giving it away to those who ask, just PM me, Ill be happy to refund you the $2...

Thank you to those who read all of this and thank you to the surge of donations and enquiries into EIGHTos over the past few days.

-Brendon (aka Entombed Sh4dw)
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-06-15 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

erionville (2010-06-17), Scoot62 (2010-06-15), xSURPx (2010-06-15)

I saw the trial version in Cydia. Where can I get the full/paid version? Will it be available in Cydia also?

It will be, give us a couple of days to finish packaging it all up. Sorry for the delay.

-Brendon

EDIT: WOW! close to 500 downloads for the trial in about 24 hours, thats amazing!
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-06-15 at 02:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

xSURPx (2010-06-15)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey,

I donate for this theme and I hope to get the full version in the next few days. Before that, i have some questions... especially for entombed Shadow who created this beautiful theme but if others can answer, do not hesitate.

Actually, I have Evolution OS on my phone, a Iphone 3G, and my phone is often sloooooooooooow, many app crash, that make me become a little angry when i must wait 5 minutes for my phone to become available.

So, when the full theme is install, does it slow down the phone? Or is it smooth to use?

Thanks for answering, I love the appearence of this theme and I wish I could use it ! Congratulations for the creator for his very inspired ideas.

Just for your positive outlook and efforts, ill donate again when you release it. That speech was total class buddy.

Thanks

That speech just made my day...wow

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LuisAKANewt For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-06-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    Ironic? How so?

Im loving the new single which after hearing on Myspace I had to go and download on iTunes and havent stopped listening to it since! Their new album is out in a week or so which I've pre-ordered so that I can enjoy it straight away!
    Ive loved PWD since seeing them back when I was in High School at underage gigs. Such good times!

Ironic because deep blue is the name of the new album hah. I was always a huge fan of IKTPQ and then I saw they had a split with PWD and I fell in love, sucks that the music scene down in Australia seems to be booming meanwhile over here in the states (at least where I'm at) is doing horribly

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    Ha ha, my iPhone was a mess early on with EIGHTos as everyone had something new to try and made it crazy to work on anything, settled into a reutine now of using one theme for longer than a week so that it can get all that it deserves.

Thanks for the kind words Z, you seem to be pumping them out lately!

It is true that I have gone over to those websites to talk about EIGHTos, there are reasons for it, read below.

Ironic? How so?

iSetup shouldnt need much extra work to set up, basically it will place the files in their directories and then all you do is activate the winterboard and iconoclasm options to suit (and adjust your weather location and rss feeds of course).

--

On the side of who deserve support and who doesnt and also on how the theme is being sent to people;

Since the beta had piracy issues on those websites I have had a lot of time to think about EIGHTos and piracy and themeing.

EIGHTos started out as a project I had no idea would be popular nor did I think I was going to make something I loved so much or even make any money (FYI, making themes doesnt double as a job, the amount of money we make is amazingly small). I am very glad Nick and I have the support of eveyone here at MMi and enjoy bringing you all something that makes your iDevice look amazing!

I appreciate KPH12 and others for supporting my earlier decision to not support those who did not pay for the theme but since I have thought about it, I will be allowing support for all who ask for it, The internet is a place to share information and I believe strongly in this, notice information is in bold, not product, content or property as I believe those are truly the property of their owner/creator unless they allow the public use of such things.

Piracy of EIGHTos I admit caught me off guard but having had time to think about it I have moved to a frame of mind where I know it cannot be stopped, this is proven by certain individuals who continue to attempt ripping off the hard work of the themers here at MMi over and over again. This is proof that piracy cannot be stopped but can be prevented.

Wrapping this up as I think ive done enough talking, I have decided to give EIGHTos to those who feel they cannot pay/afford to get EIGHTos via Cydia as there it will only be a paid theme (FYI, the trial is live on Cydia right now).
    I have gone over to those websites and offered the theme to them at no charge as no doubt it WILL show up there by some means.
    I would rather it be by my hand thus keeping the credit for our hard work as well as encouraging the support to move over to MMi as I feel it is a much more supportive community which might just rub off on certain individuals.
    To those on MMi who feel ripped off for paying for paying for the beta and me now giving it away to those who ask, just PM me, Ill be happy to refund you the $2...

Thank you to those who read all of this and thank you to the surge of donations and enquiries into EIGHTos over the past few days.

-Brendon (aka Entombed Sh4dw)

After Reading this, and what you said about pricay. I apologize for using the pirated versions of EightOS.I know you and your team has spent numerous hours on this and deserve more credit then it being pirated on other sites. As soon as i was turned down for support here I deleted it off my device ASAP. (I thought to myself what a awesome theme but, what an A**hole theme creator.) I have never had any problems getting support for all the other great themes that i have installed here on MMI. I could of asked other forums for support but then decided to ask the creator for support. It's not that I couldn't afford it, I had no way of donating since I am under age and I wasn't able to open a paypal account. So when i saw it on Cydia I installed it and wasn't able to get it the way it's suppose to be, so i asked for help. I have been a member of MMI for a while now, even longer then most theme creator here. I appreciate you allowing us non donor to ask for support. Your not the A**hole I thought you were. Please do keep making these awesome theme.

Can I now have a legit copy of this theme? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by yvang82; 2010-06-15 at 05:16 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to yvang82 For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone lbroskee's Avatar
    Thanks

so wait this is a free theme now? or paid on cydia but free if u ask?

Thanks

Default eightos
    First post

Great theme you got here i was thinking of downloading one or 2 but ill just get this one which im liking already now donating do i donate than get in touch with admin or do i purchase direct from cydia/rock?

Shox

I downloaded the trial version from Cydiaand I am looking forward to purchasing the full theme with widgets, etc...A few questions:

1. Can I change between the different colour themes I saw in the first post (blue, neon pink, etc.)via winterboard?

2. Will I be able to turn off (not use) certain widgets,eg. If I do not want to use Feeds or clock widget, can I turn off only those widgets and put an app in that space instead? If, yes, can I do this in Winterboard, or do I have to SSH.

Also, regarding the photos, do the photos change/alternate? Can you choose which photos to use?
    Last edited by amitaf; 2010-06-15 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Entombed Sh4dw is the most amazing guy on modmyi
    he is just great
    and dont know why anybody would think he was an as*hole

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xSURPx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Really nice to see the theme creators point of view on all this piracy business

Admittedly it would be difficult for me to find a way to pay/donate for this theme, making asking for it for free very tempting. I feel like this time and effort both themers put into this deserves at the very least a measly two dollars though.

I really need to get myself a credit card somehow haha.
    Whatever, I just hope you guys both know you've done an amazing job and even though I didnt beta test it myself, watching it grow was exciting in itself

Keep up the great work guys!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to xXQuickpawXx For This Useful Post:

thanx i am currently working on the landscape theme and should be done in about a week hopefully so look for that to come out soon

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nick M8 you know when ill be able to get the full version of eight?

oh NM i found the answer was too blind to notice couple days time
    Last edited by SH0X; 2010-06-15 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SH0X For This Useful Post:

Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast