Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eight OS

Quote Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
    well when you do landscape, still use sbrotator to make it native so like the menu bar and stuff is correct. don't do 1 of those fake ones that just place everything sideways
    We havent been able to get SBr working with the 8os layouts. Nick might have some developments in this that I dont know about but as I said at the top of the page, widgets dont work with SBr and most of the Springboards look is widgets.

Working on the remaining UI now. Trail version will be submitted by Saturday Night (Australian Time) and HOPEFULLY the full version will be up by Sunday Night (Aust Time.)

To make this final release more complete and different from the last one there will be a few UI changes and (unfortunately) the app icons will be defferent too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lbroskee's Avatar
    Thanks

no wut i ment was when making icons dont make them just sideways icons. if a landscaape is just goint to b an old fashioned visual trick (always looked lik crap) and not native then don't bother b/c this is a great theme and y would u want to do something cheap to it?

Quote Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
    no wut i ment was when making icons dont make them just sideways icons. if a landscaape is just goint to b an old fashioned visual trick (always looked lik crap) and not native then don't bother b/c this is a great theme and y would u want to do something cheap to it?
    Not sure exactly what you mean (we seem to have these kinds of conversations a lot but somehow understand each other in the end, lol), The way I see 8os working as a landscape theme would be to have the widgets in 2 orientations, landscape and portrait, using SBrotator makes it hard to run the icons and other springboard areas the correct way which is unfortunate as it would be the best way to do it.
    Unfortunately SBrotator doesnt work for anyone and I feel that it is more suited to more standard layout themes like bars' elite etc that dont require html or irregular icon images to create the themes look. I also feel that by making SBrotator a requirement it pushes a lot of people away as it is "another" paid tweak (heaven forbid).
    If this still isnt what you are reffering to then we need to elaborate.

FYI, when I mentioned it would be time consuming it meant that because I would have to realign and recreate a lot of images and Nick would be adjusting and aligning widget positons it would take time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

moe_12345 (2010-05-28)

Thanks

ok lol. when you make the iconoclasm layout you design it based on a 320 x 480 (landscape) instead of a 480 x 320 (portrait) and the same for the widgets. so when u see it on your comp in design phases it even looks landscape. so then when you activate these they will look wierd but then when u rotate ur SB it would all fall into place b/c that was how it was coded (with landscape dimensions) and it will also give u your menubar on top instead of on the side. and that will also save from making retarded looking sideways icons. make sense?

well its not hard for me to move the status bar. I made an sbsetting to do that. So when you which just open up sb and then turn it off and it will go to normal. Trust me, we will not put anything cheap out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Knight For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-05-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    well its not hard for me to move the status bar. I made an sbsetting to do that. So when you which just open up sb and then turn it off and it will go to normal. Trust me, we will not put anything cheap out.
    Lol, yeah wouldnt want to undercut the "value"....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

moe_12345 (2010-05-28)

Just finished off a Trial Version of Eight OS which will be available within the next 48hrs.

More updates tomorrow, 2am here now...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

battlecrushr (2010-05-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

awesome now go to sleep

Looking forward to updates!

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

@metaserph, same I'm so cant wait to get the full version, the beta was amazing but when my phone f*cked up I just put glasklart on it so I'm ready to set 8OS up with ease and no uninstall tweeks I don't need :P

so Entombed Sh4dow, I'm ready when you are
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

SBRotator+LockInfo...
    And the widget's name is lockinfo.html instead of Wallpaper.html
    Of course the lockinfo.html has to be put in lockinfo's folder.

so does this mean we will get a rotating version now?

Thanks

Maybe but if you think where the categories are and picture the rotation in your head you will see that the once in landscape the icons will be over the top of themselves and unreadable.
    But I think if Nick and Entombed Sh4dow can sort it out they will make it amazing.
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

for the landscape theme r u gonna use the lockinfo html???

We havent even tried it yet and by the looks of things from that theme people are having issues which to me spells a recipe of incompatible tweaks and too much trouble shooting support for tweaks Nick and I didnt create.

Not to say we wont try get it working.

Its a push, Im working on UI as hard as I can.
    Then the code will go off to Nick for any final adjustments and changes then ill optimise and package and then send.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (2010-05-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    Its a push, Im working on UI as hard as I can.
    Then the code will go off to Nick for any final adjustments and changes then ill optimise and package and then send.
    really excited to see the ui !!
    can u please show some screenshots....please

Yeh, very eager to see UI as well - my current UI is a mix of the most appealing UIImages, Loading Screens, Sounds and Folders.app from so many different themes I can't even tell what I got from which theme...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moe_12345 View Post
    Yeh, very eager to see UI as well - my current UI is a mix of the most appealing UIImages, Loading Screens, Sounds and Folders.app from so many different themes I can't even tell what I got from which theme...
    can you post in a zip? it looks likes its very complete then :P

Don't post it here please just send through a pm

Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast