Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eight OS

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    Wow! I couldnt do that, my job wears me down enough already, my 1 day off a week I usually get to chill out and play xbox games and do a little themeing.

Working on some improvements you will all like!

Anyone had issues with Springbacks? I currently can make a new springback but cannot even select one to respring from.

Told you I was working on stuff.
    I'm loving the look.

I agree with the person who commented on the font near the bottom. They really don't fit the rest of the theme. I suggest looking into that. Did you ever try font-families in HTML5? It never worked for me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. It would be nice to just package a font with the theme and have the HTML5 fetch from THAT font instead of system fonts.

In regards to the categories looking "crowded" in the top-left, I personally think it looks fine. But I can't imagine what I would put in the "Applications" folder that I wouldn't be able to put in the other folders. So maybe that's a category you can do away with, if you wanted to go that route.

Overall, I like where this theme is going. I think you struck gold with this style and can't wait to see what you'll do with it.
    #eli7e revived me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by tongnt View Post
    agree it is tough to customize to suit everyone needs. Yeah stick with the basic will be more origin.
    btw, how can i change the number font bigger on the calender widget? look so "empty" at the bottom of the box.
    I was actually trying to figure that out last night. Im looking into a couple of options tonight when I get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
    i was just thinking, if we could find out how Bowtie gets the current song playing in itunes, would we b able 2 (if we r lucky) use that type of coding to link to iphone music? b/c either way it all comes down to locations and both OSes are from apple.

just a theory
    Yeah we have something coming. We want to be able to show the current playing album artwork, this info isnt as simple as a folder of images but rather a database. This is way it isnt easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by whoadizzle View Post
    Why not put the badges at the beginning of the word? Just an idea.
    You cant position them where you want them, thats what I was meaning in my previous post, due to this sort of "menu" you cant choose where badges show up, they just work from the reference of where the springboard icon would normally be.

Quote Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
    ya i can wait. i crashed last night so had to restore (only way to even turn it on was recovery mode =/). badges look fine (on icons) on the folder names they just don't fit right.

o and also mind tellin me how to figure wut apps shud go in folders? the types seem really similar so not sure how to sort. (maybe have some other options, like media for the 3rd party players?)
    Sorry to hear you had to restore.
    The folder options arent easy to organise, as I said earlier, its not as simpple as just putting in an icon, due to the size of each word and where Iconoclasm needs to place the icon to make the words line up in a menu it takes more time than Id like to spend making layouts.
    I will probably make 1 standard layout for final but include these previous options.

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I'm loving the look.

I agree with the person who commented on the font near the bottom. They really don't fit the rest of the theme. I suggest looking into that. Did you ever try font-families in HTML5? It never worked for me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. It would be nice to just package a font with the theme and have the HTML5 fetch from THAT font instead of system fonts.

In regards to the categories looking "crowded" in the top-left, I personally think it looks fine. But I can't imagine what I would put in the "Applications" folder that I wouldn't be able to put in the other folders. So maybe that's a category you can do away with, if you wanted to go that route.

Overall, I like where this theme is going. I think you struck gold with this style and can't wait to see what you'll do with it.
    I was never able to get font families working properly either. iNXE had the same issue, I wanted to use particular fonts that would work with fontswap but the font family must draw these fonts another way.

I actually use the applications folder for all those "extra" apps I dont really have a place for like "dog whistle" (yeah I have it and use it to annoy dogs, lol). I agree about it not looking crowded, I actually spaced it out MORE than the last release because my fiance couldnt select a folder! ha ha ha. (was kinda good cos it meant she didnt muck around with anything too much)

Thanks for the "ups" K! Looking forward to Neostyle soon!
    (btw, do you know of a way to change the calendar app icon date size? Aaaand, does your seven os photo widget use a masking layer and photo library photos at all?)
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-13 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I was never able to get font families working properly either. iNXE had the same issue, I wanted to use particular fonts that would work with fontswap but the font family must draw these fonts another way.

I actually use the applications folder for all those "extra" apps I dont really have a place for like "dog whistle" (yeah I have it and use it to annoy dogs, lol). I agree about it not looking crowded, I actually spaced it out MORE than the last release because my fiance couldnt select a folder! ha ha ha. (was kinda good cos it meant she didnt muck around with anything too much)

Thanks for the "ups" K! Looking forward to Neostyle soon!
    (btw, do you know of a way to change the calendar app icon date size? Aaaand, does your seven os photo widget use a masking layer and photo library photos at all?)
    Thanks for the head's up on "dog whistle"... gonna download it now, lol.

The photo widget will use masking layers so that the images are formatted automatically and uses ALL the photos in your photo library at random.

Again, this is all in theory... the individual scripts all work, I just need to mesh them together.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks for the head's up on "dog whistle"... gonna download it now, lol.

The photo widget will use masking layers so that the images are formatted automatically and uses ALL the photos in your photo library at random.

Again, this is all in theory... the individual scripts all work, I just need to mesh them together.
    Ooo, that would be cool, make photo widgets a lot cleaner and easier. Can we specify a folder in the Photos library?

Thanks

Ooo, that would be cool, make photo widgets a lot cleaner and easier. Can we specify a folder in the Photos library?
    Yes. The script will even allow bosspaper packs and custom made packs.
    #eli7e revived me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone lbroskee's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet i see a media folder

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:

Yes. The script will even allow bosspaper packs and custom made packs.
    Oooo, cant wait!

Thanks

hey im trying to add bungie.net to my newsfeed

ModMyi Forums - iPhone News

but it doesnt work, just says undefined

Stack icon issue -

Don't know exactly what this should be named in the theme, or if it can be changed by theming.

However - i changed the following two icons in the library/mobilestack folder

stack_drawer_button_single.png (this is the menu icon)
    stack_drawer_button.png (this is the close menu button - i just changed the menu icon that came with the theme and rotated the arrow 180 degrees for this one)

EDIT - also change the settings in stack to display as image.

Hope that helps, and if someone knows if stack can be themed let me know.

D.L33T

ok im back im getting swamped with stuff out here sorry guys after my test tomorrow ill be good to go on working the html side of things

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    Stack icon issue -

Don't know exactly what this should be named in the theme, or if it can be changed by theming.

However - i changed the following two icons in the library/mobilestack folder

stack_drawer_button_single.png (this is the menu icon)
    stack_drawer_button.png (this is the close menu button - i just changed the menu icon that came with the theme and rotated the arrow 180 degrees for this one)

EDIT - also change the settings in stack to display as image.

Hope that helps, and if someone knows if stack can be themed let me know.

D.L33T
    Yeah I mentioned the fix for this a couple of pages back. Will be fixed in next release.

You can theme the stack background image for grid mode but it has to go directly into the mobilestack folders.

Nick, no rush if your swamped dude. Im slowly fixing some things (learning as I go).

So I found how to change the size thanks to the existing info.plist file Nick set up. Works awesome. Small update this weekend for sure!
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-13 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

tongnt (2010-05-13)

Thanks

So I found how to change the size thanks to the existing info.plist file Nick set up. Works awesome. Small update this weekend for sure!
    sweet. bigger date =]
    Last edited by lbroskee; 2010-05-13 at 04:17 PM.

entombed i have sent you a pm buddy..................sudeki300

...Small update this weekend for sure!
    Great - looking forward to that!

Post help urgent pls!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitin98 View Post
    Love it like the clean interface u guna have a ui
    hello sir,

i dont excatly know what happen to my iphone. i just close it then put it on my pocket, but when i heared a txt msg, i pull it out and then i saw the display on my screen was not normal.my iphone is passcode protected. so when i slide the bar to open. the passcode key is too big its like been "maximize" so i cant put on my digit code. because i cant see all the no. please i need some solutions. thanks alot.. i like your theme also..

Small update this weekend for sure!
    cool - looking forward to it.

...I actually use the applications folder for all those "extra" apps I dont really have a place for...
    Me too! Nice to see the MEDIA category is now in - thanks for that!

question..i paid for and have this theme, but i see iconoclasm is a paid cydia app. is iconoclasm required in order for this theme to install properly or is it optional?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bluemage08 View Post
    hello sir,

i dont excatly know what happen to my iphone. i just close it then put it on my pocket, but when i heared a txt msg, i pull it out and then i saw the display on my screen was not normal.my iphone is passcode protected. so when i slide the bar to open. the passcode key is too big its like been "maximize" so i cant put on my digit code. because i cant see all the no. please i need some solutions. thanks alot.. i like your theme also..
    Sounds like you have accidentally activated the iPhones zoom feature, I have done the same myself and its freaking scary if you dont know what it is.
    You should be able to double-tap the screen with three fingers to zoom out again.

Preferably for the future, please ask these questions in the correct forum as this is the themes forum and your question is related with the iPhone specifically which would be better suited here: General iPhone Chat

Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    question..i paid for and have this theme, but i see iconoclasm is a paid cydia app. is iconoclasm required in order for this theme to install properly or is it optional?
    It is required.
    Last edited by Entombed Sh4dw; 2010-05-14 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast