Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eight OS

Thanks
    I did not receive my beta. I PM'd Brendon. Guess I'll have to wait for a response.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kph12's Avatar
    Thanks

No not a stack.
    If you look at the ubuntu theme, when you click on certain icons, say "apps", it's a springjump. The page it takes you to has a pop up box wallpaper. The springjump part makes it look like the box actually pops out.

Very cool it my opinion. Kind if simulates the effect of like clicking file on your computer
    Last edited by kph12; 2010-05-08 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh yea what I'm working on is a windows type stack

Just got up guys, Ill get to the people who didnt recieve their Betas now.

Thanks Nick for trouble shooting, BTW, FYI on Iconoclasm, if you are using per page layouts it doesnt matter what the overall layout is selected, it isnt needed.

Popup box system is actually another page in the springboard in those themes. I have thought about this and it is a possibility in the future but I find those themes a little messy. I really prefer the one-page themes and with Categories SB using these folders is a real breeze!

I am using the menu button as a stack (the icon is already themed, just make sure your stack settings are set to image) which has my quick access things like phone, camera etc. I used Communication for things like SMS, Mail etc which once you remember thats where they are is just as quick as using a stack or springjump.

Im off to work soon so I will be limited in support for a few hours. So far I am happy with the feedback on setup, simple things and nearly nothing so far. ^_^

Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    If you asked to be a tester and did not recieve and email it is for 1 of 3 reasons, you have not donated yet, or I lost your confirmation email.
    What's the third reason? Didn't donate, waiting for the final version. Just curious.

Thanks

Any chance for the categories icons in the future? Trying to find something that matches for now cus I hate stock icons.

Well an overlay should be out or is out. But I am sure if you email us or post here we can take a look and see how it will fit with the theme

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entombed Sh4dw View Post
    Popup box system is actually another page in the springboard in those themes. I have thought about this and it is a possibility in the future but I find those themes a little messy. I really prefer the one-page themes and with Categories SB using these folders is a real breeze!
    I agree. As these "pop-ups/springjumps" were a good idea a while ago, with amazing apps like CategoriesSB, there really isn't a need for them anymore. It creates a messy setup and requires a lot of "faking" effects: at least in regards to a theme meant for mass use.
    #eli7e revived me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-05-08)

Thanks

Agreed, I didn't mean to do it for every category, just the menu button.

But I get what your saying and I'm perfecy happy with it the way it currently is.
    Last edited by kph12; 2010-05-08 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kph12 View Post
    Any chance for the categories icons in the future? Trying to find something that matches for now cus I hate stock icons.
    Just snuck off the salesfloor to shoot a quick message.

There is a couple in the theme folder called "Eight OS B1 Grey Icons.theme" I think... Ha ha, I know Ive made most of them I just cant rememver If I added them all as It wasnt a plan for the Beta but will be for final release.

I had just woken up so 3 came to mind but only 2 reasons were plausible.

I wont be doing anything with this tonight as its "date night" and the missus will kill me if I spend too much more time on this instead of her, ha ha.

Tomorrow however I will start work on getting things moving towards a second beta with proper installer and other cool features to test as well as address any further issues you might have.

Thanks
    I don't see the PTest1 as the layout option. What am I missing here?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you do not need this just use widget and menu for first page and then springboard os for all pages up til 11 then use categories

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UofMBob For This Useful Post:

Entombed Sh4dw (2010-05-09)

Quote Originally Posted by RvB80 View Post
    I don't see the PTest1 as the layout option. What am I missing here?
    yeah as UofMBob said, it doesnt matter what is there, Per Page Layouts dont need that section changed.

Please read any new posts if you are having issues guys, answers are usually there!

Great job on this theme. Yet another brilliant option. I will be playing with this and getting back to you. Thanks so much Entombed

17. The Following User Says Thank You to D.L33T For This Useful Post:

It's even better than I thought it would be. I'm using it with the purple wallpaper and love it. I think categoriessb is the way to go tho
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

19. The Following User Says Thank You to franklinromeo For This Useful Post:

Hi Guys, So I've finally got this installed, So far I have had no issues, The guide is well written but there are a few inconsistency's with the screenshots ( the iconoclasm ones).

I'm using the latest version of Iconoclasm, I've installed Clock Hide, to hide the main clock on the lockscreen. (first time user ) I love the tap to unlock!

Are any of the icons supposed to be themed? As currently many of my applications don't fit in with them theme.

In my opinion I think when you open up categories there should be a button called 'Back' which takes you to the homescreen (I can push the menu button maybe put back on the left side), I know I can push the Home button on the phone, But I think having it onscreen would fit in with the theme perfectly.

Screenshot attached.

For a first Beta it is very stable and I look forward to the final version!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevesi For This Useful Post:

Thanx for the feedback guys beta is going well and we are glad that you guys have no issues as of yet. I'm currently working on a lockscreen that is based off a simplified weda panel. So far it's looking really good

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesi View Post
    ...In my opinion I think when you open up categories there should be a button called 'Back' which takes you to the homescree...
    Very nice - thanks for that feedback! Was still getting my device fixed (keyboard and Wifi connectivity issues have plagued e the past 2 days!) but am really looking forward to firing up this theme.

I like your suggestion on making it easier to access/get back to Page 0 as that's the "command centre" to all other shortcuts. I experimented a while back with customising SpringJumps (including icons) and this worked out rather well. I'll test my method here and will give feedback afterwards including screenshots.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to moe_12345 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by moe_12345 View Post
    Very nice - thanks for that feedback! Was still getting my device fixed (keyboard and Wifi connectivity issues have plagued e the past 2 days!) but am really looking forward to firing up this theme.

I like your suggestion on making it easier to access/get back to Page 0 as that's the "command centre" to all other shortcuts. I experimented a while back with customising SpringJumps (including icons) and this worked out rather well. I'll test my method here and will give feedback afterwards including screenshots.
    Well I had the same idea , I set up Springjumps with icon 0 on the homescreen, The only problem is when you open up a category the button becomes non-functional, So far I haven't figured/found a way to get it to work.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevesi For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

one observation when you open up a category menu you still get the day of the week covering the category title

when you turn off feeds it adds a day of the week to the calendar that rides up to where the month is I will try to post a screenie when I get home

Last edited by UofMBob; 2010-05-08 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

28. The Following User Says Thank You to UofMBob For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast