Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icons

Default Icons
    Sorry for the question that has probably been answered a few times before. Where can I find the original icons for apps so that I can mod them to fit my theme. For some reason I am either looking in the wrong place or am just not finding them. I just can not find the original png files so that I can bring them over to PS.

EIther where I can find them online or where I can find them when SSHing

iPhone? More like MyPhone plasmakirby's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just a noob myself but I think you can find them in /var/stash/applications and each of the folders has a .png of the icon. I might be wrong though :P

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^yes, but if your using a theme, you can also change them within the theme, var/stash/themes****/your theme/icons.

I'm sorry guys I might have not clearly stated my goal. I am looking for the icons for apps that I have purchased from itunes. These are for some of the apps that nobody has modded the icons for yet or that I have not seen for my theme. Some of them are local to my area (news) and some are just lesser used apps that I like for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You can use several resources, Google, AppShopper.com or Aptism.com to find original icon artwork.

I use appolicious. Nice clean 100x100 icons. Never couldn't find an app.

Thanks

I know that everybody above me has already listed some very useful sources, but I"m just going to state mine for reference purposes.

\private\var\mobile\Applications\
    There's a bunch of folders with almost random numbers and letters. Each folder holds your different apps, a folder reading ???.app is the exact name in which you should be naming your edited icons in your theme. Then, inside that folder is an image named: Icon, that's the original icon.

Note: sometimes the original icon is a square, as in no rounded edges. I'm guessing that's because the App Store automatically places a template over the image so that its uniform.

I know this way is a lot slower, but this is just for the sake of knowing.