Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Winterboard 3.0 Solid Status Bar Fix

Default [Release] Winterboard 3.0 Solid Status Bar Fix
    The solid status bar theme in winterboard disappears when you open and close an app like safari. As far as i'm aware this hasn't been done before, (if it has sorry ) it even works in the lock screen.
    Here are some pics:

If you have a battery logo theme, place the theme underneath

It also works on applications that didn't originally change the bar (like on notes)

Download
    Download via attachment or here
    Now on modmyi source on cydia! Search for "solid status bar fix"

Install
    Use SSH or iPhone browser and go to var/stash/Themes.whatever/
    then paste it the folder there and select it in winterboard.

(BTW this is my 1st 'theme')
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0013.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xan2116; 2010-02-17 at 12:27 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xan2116 For This Useful Post:

bubbledeluxe (2009-10-21), Zehlek (2009-10-28)

Thanks

nice, I've been waiting for one that works...I deleted the one in winterboard b/c it would work but sometimes disappear then go funky colors. I wish I had screenshots of how bad it was. I will def try this when I get home.

Default How did you do it?
    Nice Dude, finally!!
    Can you tell us how you fixed this so we can implement it in our themes? I'd like to always have the non-solid status bar (black/transparent), maybe it can be done with your help!
    Thank you very much!

niceee, wanted this to work yippy!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbledeluxe View Post
    Nice Dude, finally!!
    Can you tell us how you fixed this so we can implement it in our themes? I'd like to always have the non-solid status bar (black/transparent), maybe it can be done with your help!
    Thank you very much!
    Thanks all.
    If you wanted to use this in themes you would just edit the files in 'com.apple.springboard', but you would have to convert them from iphone pngs to windows ones, using this program I found:
    fixpngWindows.zip
    just place the pics in the png folder, run the exe and they should be in fixed. BTW you don't need to convert them back either. Then copy them back to the com.apple folder. BUT those files are only for the springboard, so you would have to make separate icons for apps and call them DEFAULT_whatever aswell as FSO_whatever.

Hope this helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xan2116 For This Useful Post:

bubbledeluxe (2009-10-21)

Quote Originally Posted by xan2116 View Post
    Then copy them back to the com.apple folder. BUT those files are only for the springboard, so you would have to make separate icons for apps and call them DEFAULT_whatever aswell as FSO_whatever.
    OK, I did that and it worked (kinda). I now always have the black/transparent status bar background, but when i open an app like safari, the carrier name (I've got a custome one via MakeItMine) and the battery percentage digits fade to black and the clock to bright white instead of staying gray. Any Idea how to fix this?

For the clock color make an Info.plist in the root of your theme and use this:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>color: black</string>

</dict></plist>
    (just change the color to what you want)

and for the battery pecrentage in the springboard it should use FSO_Percent_anumber.png and it should use DEFAULT_Percent_anumber.png for apps like safari, but apps like notes will use the FSO image.(are you sure you made FSO and DEFAULT percent images? and are you sure they are the same?)

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry guys, but is there any way to make that bar to stay black all the time or not?

I just need a simple answer, if not I wont bother trying.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    Sorry guys, but is there any way to make that bar to stay black all the time or not?
    yes there is! Download my new Theme "complete Black&Red by Bubbledeluxe" in Cydia and your status bar will always be black

Default Slight adjustment
    Im glad that theres some sort of fix for the disappearing statusbar but I have one question. On my ipod touch 2g any pop ups like from notifier, the percent symbol by my battery level, and my make it mine txt is white. Is there any file i can edit to make it the true colors it is supposed to be, black and blue?
    Also i just noticed that when i play music there is no symbol on the statusbar.
    Last edited by slbenficaboy; 2010-02-17 at 06:19 AM.

Ah! I keep updating it with a black percentage icon, but it musnt have worked!
    Anyway, for icons there are 2 icons made. DEFAULT - this is for solid status bar. FSO - this is for the black status bar. It's still using the FSO icon, so to fix this navigate to your springboard folder (SSH, iPhone browser etc) and find, for example, Default_Insomnia.png. Copy it and Delete FSO_Insomnia.png and paste the default but rename it FSO_Insomnia.png.
    The location of the Springboard.app is System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

For your custom logo, navigate to the winterboard folder (var/stash/Themes.whatever) and find your logo theme and replace the FSO file as before.
    I will update the theme with the black % soon.

If you could, send me the Default icons for the icons that appear white so i can include them.

Alex

Ah! I keep updating it with a black percentage icon, but it musnt have worked!
    Anyway, for icons there are 2 icons made. DEFAULT - this is for solid status bar. FSO - this is for the black status bar. It's still using the FSO icon, so to fix this navigate to your springboard folder (SSH, iPhone browser etc) and find, for example, Default_Insomnia.png. Copy it and Delete FSO_Insomnia.png and paste the default but rename it FSO_Insomnia.png.
    The location of the Springboard.app is System/Libary/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

For your custom logo, navigate to the winterboard folder (var/stash/Themes.whatever) and find your logo theme and replace the FSO file as before.
    I will update the theme with the black % soon.

If you could, send me the Default icons for the icons that appear white so i can include them.

Alex
    So should i just replace all of my Default_app.png files with FSO_app.png and put it in the sold status bar fix theme?
    IF that ^ is riht then i fixed most of the things that i was wondering like the percent sign by going to the coreservices and springboard folder then coping all of the Default.png files and renaming them FSO.png files and putting them in the Solid Status Bar Fix theme. Now i only have 2 problems that I can see, My "Carrier" where i put Slb is still white, I can not find how to change that, and I now have dash black lines on the top of the Status Bar. Also when I play music the play and pause symbol do not show up. When i begin playing music it appear that the status bar flashes quickly but nothing happens.
    Last edited by slbenficaboy; 2010-02-17 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slbenficaboy View Post
    So should i just replace all of my Default_app.png files with FSO_app.png and put it in the sold status bar fix theme?
    You relpace all your FSO_app.png with Default_app.png (Default is the 'solid' version) and place them in SolidStatusBarFix.theme\Bundles\com.apple.springbo ard
    As you see all the icons in there are FSO.
    Alex

You relpace all your FSO_app.png with Default_app.png (Default is the 'solid' version) and place them in SolidStatusBarFix.themeBundlescom.apple.springboar d
    As you see all the icons in there are FSO.
    Alex
    Do you have any idea why the play and pause icons don't show up when I play music?

Quote Originally Posted by slbenficaboy View Post
    Do you have any idea why the play and pause icons don't show up when I play music?
    No I don't know why this is as it works for me...
    Try moving the solid status bar fix up on the winterboard list.
    Alex

No I don't know why this is as it works for me...
    Try moving the solid status bar fix up on the winterboard list.
    Alex
    Nevermind after searching around my itouch i found out that I had a Music Control settings and it was turned off there, sorry. Thanks for all of your other help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I d/l this, didn't work for me.

I have a custom theme (iNexus). The status bar is white and on my homescreen my Tmobile logo and BT logo are white, so its very hard to read. When I go into a app like "messages" or "settings", the Tmobile logo turns to black and and so does the outline of my BT logo. How do I make it stay, what do I have to edit? The white kills my carrier, I cant see it lol. I would like to go back to the stock grayish color.

Thanks.

I can't get it to work